Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2014, 08:15:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331723 Posts in 13581 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Shit like this really pisses me the fuck off
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Shit like this really pisses me the fuck off  (Read 3382 times)
Dincrest
A-class rider (in training)
RPGFan Editor

I smile when I climb

View Profile WWW
« on: October 28, 2010, 07:16:22 PM »

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/2010/10/28/2010-10-28_florida_mom_alexandra_tobias_pleads_guilty_to_murdering_baby_for_crying_during_h.html

Stupid people shouldn't breed.

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2010, 07:23:19 PM »

The girl could have been dealing with some sever mental issues, I heard that her mother had recently died, plus the extreme depression some new mothers feel after having a baby.

I would like to hear more details before condemning her.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Dincrest
A-class rider (in training)
RPGFan Editor

I smile when I climb

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2010, 07:31:03 PM »

Maybe it's because I work in a special needs school where one of my students was a violently shaken baby who was born perfectly normal but is now very low functioning due to the brain trauma she endured, but there's no excuse or justification for what the lady in the article did.  Fuck the insanity plea, fuck postpartum depression, fuck all that nonsense that seeks to absolve her of responsibility for her actions.  She violently shook and killed her kid.  SHE KILLED HER KID!  Again, SHE KILLED HER KID!  Bitch gets no sympathy from me, bitch deserves to die.   Just like Andrea Yates, Susan Smith, and all those other bitches who killed their kids (and for the stupidest reasons to boot) deserve to die horrible deaths.

EDIT: And what's a prison sentence going to do?  It won't rehabilitate her or anything.  It'll just waste taxpayer dollars, that's what.  Kill her.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 07:41:55 PM by Dincrest » Logged

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2010, 07:58:44 PM »

I agree, a prison sentence is not going to do anything. Treatment is the best option.

I however, don't believe in revenge killings.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2010, 08:36:17 PM »

I however, don't believe in revenge killings.

Gotta agree. While I'm right on board with what you think Neal, I'm against the death penalty.

That being said, she does deserve, otherwise, the harshest possible punishment.

CastNuri
AMG A GIRL

There are no coincidences.

CastNuri
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2010, 08:37:20 PM »

She needs help. I can't imagine what it must be like in her mind, for her to be so messed up that she could kill her child like that.

While I do sometimes believe in 'an eye for an eye' (I'm not against the death punishment; I just think it ought to be exercised under rare circumstances), I don't see how that would help anyone here. They should study her condition, maybe find out more about mothers who harm their children. The world will continue to have crazy, crazy people though.

"It is a silly game where nobody wins. " ~ Thomas Fuller ~

http://castnuri.tumblr.com
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2010, 08:40:41 PM »

Prepare to be.. double pissed
http://www.getreading.co.uk/news/s/2081031_nurse_turned_off_mans_life_support
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2010, 09:09:03 PM »

I'm currwently on my OBGYN rotation, and I have to say: those who are downplaying the problem of postpartum depression have probably never seen the most severe and terrifying cases for themselves. It can almost be compared to a psychiatric disorder like schizophrenia.

It doesn't completely absolve her, no, and it may not even be why she did it (she may just be a terrible person), but it shouldn't be glossed over.

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2010, 10:24:03 PM »

There's a lot of bullshit in the world.

Let's fix it.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Sensei Phoenix

Sensei+Phoenix
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2010, 10:25:45 PM »

Postpartum is also really underreported, and a lot of women don't even realize they have it. The woman probably needs psychiatric treatment and jail time. I don't accept the death penalty as a legitimate form of punishment, unless it's for the Joker or Apocalypse or something.

But despite all that, a child is dead and isn't coming back. And nothing's going to make that better.

DIGIBOOTY AHOY!
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2010, 10:46:41 PM »

Ok this woman doesn't have postpartum depression. She's a selfish **** who is not ready for parenthood.

She shook her kid. HAD A CIGARETTE. Then proceeded to shaker her kid some more.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2010, 11:09:11 PM »

I don't think you know that for certain Yoda.

She had a cigarette to CALM DOWN. She felt a rush of intense emotions welling up inside her, ones that she couldn't cope with, that were controlling her. She took a cigarette, trying to focus her thoughts and get her shit together, but unfortunately it wasn't enough.

Though if you have evidence that she wasn't suffering from post-partum, I'll take it all back.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2010, 11:16:15 PM »

I you or anyone has any evidence of her having postpartum depression I'll yield.

It's more apparent that a mother who is not ready for the burden of parenthood could not handle the pressure.
insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2010, 11:20:56 PM »

There's a lot of bullshit in the world.

Let's fix it.

start by getting rid of farmville

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2010, 11:23:22 PM »

I'll say it's more slanted in my favour than yours.

An obsessive addiction to an online game, her mothers death, being a single mother and raising a new born baby? She's a high-risk person. Your notion that she did it just cause she liked Farmville a lot doesn't really hold water. Would someone who knew right from wrong shake a baby to death, being aware that a sane person knows the consequences, over something so trivial?

I'm not saying she deserves a free pass. And I'm not saying the poor baby doesn't deserve justice, but the world is not black and white and there is a lot we have to consider. God forbid you ever have a mental breakdown, lose control of your own body and do something you will regret.

While everyone ultimately has to take responsibility with their own actions, wouldn't you hope someone out there is ready to see the full picture, and not just what they see on the news?

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: