Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2014, 12:39:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334761 Posts in 13709 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Legend of Legaia
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: Legend of Legaia  (Read 7378 times)
Sise-Neg

Conquerer of the Cosmos

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: September 06, 2011, 04:37:10 PM »

I'm no attorney, but I'm pretty sure if an independent developer wanted to get the rights to the Legaia name then they'd be able to purchase it since the trademark has been considered abandoned.

Whatever happened to the original creators?  Are they just off doing their own thing?

They're most likely working on other projects or doing their own thing. Prokion/Contrail got dismantled by Sony. It's sad, too. The first Legaia was a fairly big hit in Japan - it was even re-released on Playstation: The Best, which was Japan's version of our Greatest Hits label. And it sold about 300,000 copies in the USA. That success enabled a sequel, though with the sequel's flop it's obvious why the trademark wasn't restarted. Sony obviously sees that another Legaia game wouldn't make them money. I do wish they'd buy the trademark again just so they could put it on PSN, though.

The director of Legend of Legaia, went on to produce Tales of Rebirth for the PSP in 2008.

He also did some work on Castlevania: Lament of Innocence.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 04:41:06 PM by Sise-Neg » Logged

Admin of The Legaia Wiki: legaia.wikia.com

Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: September 06, 2011, 05:10:34 PM »

Since the thing that made it unique was a twist to a turn based battle system, I wouldn't count on a new entry in the series. Turn based systems have pretty much achieved Dodo status on home consoles, and the Legaia franchise isn't popular enough to be reworked into an action RPG. Best you could hope for is a handheld title, and even that's highly unlikely.

NOW PLAYING:
Final Fantasy XIII: The time has come...
Edna & Harvey: The Breakout: Its...Odd...
One Finger Death Punch: F*ck Yeah! - The game
Sise-Neg

Conquerer of the Cosmos

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: September 06, 2011, 05:31:31 PM »

Since the thing that made it unique was a twist to a turn based battle system, I wouldn't count on a new entry in the series. Turn based systems have pretty much achieved Dodo status on home consoles, and the Legaia franchise isn't popular enough to be reworked into an action RPG. Best you could hope for is a handheld title, and even that's highly unlikely.

I agree with this.

Legaia would be a great action RPG though, what with all the martial-arts aspects to it.

Admin of The Legaia Wiki: legaia.wikia.com

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: