Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2014, 12:18:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332847 Posts in 13639 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Persona 2 IS Remake
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16 Print
Author Topic: Persona 2 IS Remake  (Read 21332 times)
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2010, 04:31:27 PM »

One character design I DO like = my avatar. Ulala if you never played Eternal Punishment.

Don't underestimate me you *beep* bastard!

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2010, 06:34:51 PM »

I'm not too crazy about his character designs either. I also agree with the hearts on the boobs, they're lame.

Would you say that if a hot girl was all over you and she was wearing that? Or you would you politely decline and say "I'm sorry, the hearts on your outfit are too lame for me."

What does that have to do with anything.

Anyway, I did like the characters in nocturne a lot, wasn't thinking about those.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Dincrest
Cleanup Crew
RPGFan Editor

Smile... they'll think you're up to something.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2010, 07:22:23 PM »

My favorite Urara quote is "The goodness of a woman isn't in her bra." 

The pectoral hearts on Maya's outfit are a fashion risk, but I've seen worse fashion risks in RPG characters.  I'd rather have her wear that than any given Tetsuya Nomura outfit. 

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
Hobbun

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2010, 07:30:31 PM »

Awesome, bringing over the P2 we have never seen. EP 'should' be a guarantee follow up. At least I hope so, will not purchase this one unless I can get both, I want the full story.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2010, 07:31:52 PM »

Awesome, bringing over the P2 we have never seen. EP 'should' be a guarantee follow up. At least I hope so, will not purchase this one unless I can get both, I want the full story.

But you CAN get the full story, we did get Eternal Punishment.

I don't understand what you are saying.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Hobbun

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2010, 07:34:44 PM »

But you CAN get the full story, we did get Eternal Punishment.

I don't understand what you are saying.

I don't have EP, and am not going to get it at the prices listed online for it. Besides, would be nice to see EP get the remake treatment as well.
Dincrest
Cleanup Crew
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2010, 07:37:10 PM »

And some stuff from your final IS save carries over into EP.  Of course, that was dummied out of the original US version since we didn't get EP.  And EP would need a retweaked localization since the original script made allowances for the goofball changes in Revelations: Persona.  For example, EP made references to Lunarvale (Mikage City in P1) and used hybrid names for carryover characters (i.e. Nate Nanjo, Mary Sonomura, Guido Kandori- an extra allowance was made for his name originally being Guido Sardenia).  

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2010, 07:38:50 PM »

Fair enough.I got my copy so cheap, but that was a PAL version, about 30 Euro's

No idea how much it's going for in US

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Hobbun

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2010, 07:45:23 PM »

And some stuff from your final IS save carries over into EP.  Of course, that was dummied out of the original US version since we didn't get EP.  And EP would need a retweaked localization since the original script made allowances for the goofball changes in Revelations: Persona.  For example, EP made references to Lunarvale (Mikage City in P1) and used hybrid names for carryover characters (i.e. Nate Nanjo, Mary Sonomura, Guido Kandori- an extra allowance was made for his name originally being Guido Sardenia).  

If they do EP for the PSP (prays), hope they really do the carrying your save over from IS.

To Starmongoose, it is going for $80+ on ebay.
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2010, 08:07:16 PM »

Man, I've got to get a fucking PSP.  There's been way too much interesting shit coming out on it lately.

And yes, Maya does indeed look like an idiot with those hearts.  It's a good thing she's largely mute in EP, because anyone who would wear something like that would probably annoy the shit out of me with their words too. :P

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2010, 08:09:33 PM »

She's very vocal in IS :P

STAY POSITIVE

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Dincrest
Cleanup Crew
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2010, 08:46:48 PM »

That's why I had trouble accepting her as a mute protagonist in EP.  She's very talkative in IS being a reporter and a very sociable, outgoing type of woman.  Tatsuya made sense as a silent protagonist since he's a very private person. 

I <3 Maya, though.  When I played EP I was working in publishing at the time and could relate to her professionally.  Plus, she and I shared a lot of personality traits.  If that didn't beat all, she looked like an amalgamation of women I'd known over the years. 

Let's Positive Thinking!

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2010, 09:25:42 PM »

Do you have hearts on your boobs?

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: October 30, 2010, 11:17:08 AM »

References to Revelations aside, EP still had a great localization.

蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 30, 2010, 11:19:16 AM »

References to Revelations aside, EP still had a great localization.

And just why were those bad? They were trying to maintain continuity, even if a dumb localization makes things a little strange. Thankfully not an issue this time, but they did the best they could.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: