Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2014, 11:27:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334638 Posts in 13706 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Persona 2 IS Remake
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16 Print
Author Topic: Persona 2 IS Remake  (Read 21516 times)
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« on: October 29, 2010, 06:13:51 AM »

Gentlemen...Behold!

Atlus. The ball's in your court. (And while you're at it, how about that Growlanser remake?)

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
xXMelancholiaXx

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2010, 06:20:59 AM »

It's already being discussed in the Megami Tensei thread

hell_snake

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2010, 07:04:37 AM »

I think it deserves a thread of its own.

What we have so far:-

It's in-line image time.

The enemy's down, let's finish this!

And new character art.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Opening:-

PSP ペルソナ2 罪 OPムービー

*sigh* This shit is all over the place. But is not bad... I guess.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Info:-

Regarding Innocent Sin

http://blog.livedoor.jp/od3/archives/51774996.html

- Coming this Winter
- Supports Media Install
- Soundtrack CD pre-order bonus

- It's a "remake" like Persona 1 with balance and control improvements while based on the original game
- The gameplay systems will be based on Eternal Punishment's refinements instead of just the original Innocent Sin
- Soejima will be doing brand new full body illustrations for the characters, while the art staff will implement new portraits and cut-ins based on his supervision

- When you move around you'll see status details and a minimap now, and there will be various UI improvements, etc
- In battles you'll see the affinity of your demons, as well as character turn orders

- Battle balance and time constrained events will be retuned to make it more user friendly
- Difficulty can be changed on the fly in the menu
- Voices will all be remastered, but not re-recorded

- Brand new opening anime FMV by Satelight
- The original opening FMV is also included
- Arranged and Original BGM can be selected in the config menu

And some additional screens:-

"An unanswered question is better than an unquestioned answer"
xXMelancholiaXx

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2010, 07:56:28 AM »

If you guys are going to keep making a new thread everytime something note worthy comes out then there is no reason to have a Megami Tensei thread. In fact I think the moderators should sticky the Megami Tensei thread to cut down on potential thread redundancy. But that's just my opinion.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 08:00:21 AM by xXMelancholiaXx » Logged

hell_snake

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2010, 08:37:00 AM »

If you guys are going to keep making a new thread everytime something note worthy comes out then there is no reason to have a Megami Tensei thread. In fact I think the moderators should sticky the Megami Tensei thread to cut down on potential thread redundancy. But that's just my opinion.

It is a new game, therefore it deserves an official thread. It's easier to find information specifically for this game here than to dig through unrelated discussions in the Megami Tensei thread.

"An unanswered question is better than an unquestioned answer"
Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2010, 08:44:00 AM »

I always saw the Megami Tensai thread as a place to ask random questions such as is Kanji actually gay or as a help thread outside of the helper monkey part of the forum.

xXMelancholiaXx

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2010, 08:45:27 AM »

It is a new game, therefore it deserves an official thread. It's easier to find information specifically for this game here than to dig through unrelated discussions in the Megami Tensei thread.
Well I'm not going to make a fuss about it. You guys can do whatever you want. I just think making new Megami Tensei related threads is unnecessary.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 09:02:51 AM by xXMelancholiaXx » Logged

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2010, 09:32:04 AM »

The new opening is certainly the most visually tame.  I don't know if thats good.
Gameplay reivision will be a nice added touch.
Is this game going to compilate the two (Innocent and [argh, brain fart] the other one) Personas??

I personally hated the character designs for Persona 2.  Maya's heart boobs are tacky, the blue boy is a cybergoth megaman, and the main guy stepped out of a time machine from the 1970's.

I am reaalllyy looking forward to playing nonetheless.  Atlus is pretty good at bringing the SMT games out of Japanland.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2010, 10:37:41 AM »

this game going to compilate the two (Innocent and [argh, brain fart] the other one) Personas??

Nope. Innocent Sin and Eternal Punishment are going to be sold separately. They wanted to put the two games in one UMD or something... but, they couldn't do it.

Still, is better for Atlus to make more money this way anyway.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2010, 10:46:39 AM »

I don't mind buying the game separately.

They are totally different games. It's not like it's Persona Heartgold and Persona Soulsilver here.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2010, 11:42:31 AM »

this game going to compilate the two (Innocent and [argh, brain fart] the other one) Personas??

Nope. Innocent Sin and Eternal Punishment are going to be sold separately. They wanted to put the two games in one UMD or something... but, they couldn't do it.

Still, is better for Atlus to make more money this way anyway.

It should be noted that an EP remake isn't even official yet, partly because of the UMD thing. Meguro wants to do it though. I bet Atlus wants to see that IS sells before they decide EP is worth it.

Or they're teasing the hell out of us.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2010, 11:48:25 AM »

Well I'm not going to make a fuss about it. You guys can do whatever you want. I just think making new Megami Tensei related threads is unnecessary.

I'm with you. We seem to be crating too many threads these days. It's like "Yoichi Wada sneezed" and we create a new thread.
Example, The new Phoenix Wright vs Professor Layton, instead of creating a new thread for it, we could've just renamed the one about "Capcom and Level 5 cooperation".

Anyway, I liked the opening. I think it's great to see they redone the artwork, because the one in P1 did feel a little dated. If it releases in PSN I think I might try the Jap version, especially to see if I can keep up with it but it depends on how much voice acting there is.

Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2010, 12:25:34 PM »

I personally hated the character designs for Persona 2.  Maya's heart boobs are tacky, the blue boy is a cybergoth megaman, and the main guy stepped out of a time machine from the 1970's.

Your face is tacky!

The characters from P2 are some of my favorite character designs in a video game.

http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/5874/740499-190px_katsuyap2_large.jpg

Katsuya is all kinds of awesome.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2010, 12:36:13 PM »

Katsuya is all kinds of awesome.

MMm-mmm, those chops do all sorts of things to me...not.
Some of his styles I do like, especially monster/persona design I find especially intuitive.  The characters never really struck a chord though.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2010, 12:44:47 PM »

The designs have been hit and miss with me. I like Maya, but I agree on the heart boobs being tacky.

I do like Katsuya's design though. But yeah, the demons are my favorites. :P

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: