Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 23, 2014, 01:27:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329491 Posts in 13500 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Persona 2 IS Remake
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 Print
Author Topic: Persona 2 IS Remake  (Read 21000 times)
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: September 02, 2011, 07:23:14 PM »

I pre-ordered this.

Looks very slick and fun.

I just hope the encounter rate is humane

It's worse than Digital Devil Saga.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: September 02, 2011, 07:27:43 PM »

It's demonic!

There's a demo out for this?

I don't get it.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: September 02, 2011, 07:29:18 PM »

My demon/demo typo in that other thread.

Carrying on.

I'll man up and endure this encounter rate no matter what !
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: September 02, 2011, 07:29:58 PM »

Carrying on.

Then you have to do it for Digital Devil Saga too!

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: September 03, 2011, 06:50:49 PM »

Carrying on.

It was a joke... Why do you think I used the word demonic? Please tell me you were drunk.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Iron Maw

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: September 03, 2011, 09:56:44 PM »

I pre-ordered this.

Looks very slick and fun.

It's worse than Digital Devil Saga.

Ugh, I'm not so sure if want this now. I have a very low tolerance random encounters nowadays especially high ones.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 03, 2011, 10:47:32 PM »

The MegaTen games ARE generally good about allowing you to control the encounter rate. Nevertheless, the post-PS2 MegaTens >>> Pre-PS2 MegaTens on average, and it's showing with how critics thus far are receiving the game.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: September 04, 2011, 12:27:24 AM »

The MegaTen games ARE generally good about allowing you to control the encounter rate. Nevertheless, the post-PS2 MegaTens >>> Pre-PS2 MegaTens on average, and it's showing with how critics thus far are receiving the game.

You mean in terms of reception or encounter rate?

It's mind-boggling that P2 Eternal Punishment could get 8s and 9s when it came out for PS1, and this is getting 5s and 6s, and while it's not the same game, it's nearly identical in style. Even Nocturne got great reviews when it came out....and suddenly people are complaining about the encounter rate for this? I guess people really want their hand held nowadays.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 04, 2011, 02:04:31 AM »

Reception. Honestly, the games were a bit of a pain to get into and not even in a way that really made them deep or anything, just a bit grindy (making a new Persona with one skill sucks, especially if you go into a dungeon and discover you're in over your head yet can't back out), the newer titles polish the gameplay while not doing some Fable-esque dumbing down as they still have a bite to them. Nocturne was way, WAY better than anything the PS1 saw.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: September 04, 2011, 02:13:36 AM »

I liked Eternal Punishment. :/

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 04, 2011, 02:15:37 AM »

I liked the story and whatnot, I just hated how personas were handled. I was younger though, and maybe I'll have a smoother time with Innocent Sin.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: September 04, 2011, 09:16:41 AM »

I loved Innocent Sin and Eternal Punishment and I don't feel the same way at all. X.X I think those games are great, and yeah the encounter rate is high, but nothing else really bothered me in them.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Jonathan Ingram
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: September 04, 2011, 10:43:17 AM »

I liked P2:IS, P2:EP and Soul Hackers more than any of the PS2 Megatens. Not that the latter are bad games in any way, mind you. But they do feel dumbed down in comparison, Personas especially.
Iron Maw

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: September 04, 2011, 01:07:15 PM »

It's mind-boggling that P2 Eternal Punishment could get 8s and 9s when it came out for PS1, and this is getting 5s and 6s, and while it's not the same game, it's nearly identical in style. Even Nocturne got great reviews when it came out....and suddenly people are complaining about the encounter rate for this? I guess people really want their hand held nowadays.

To be fair RPGs and game industry in general has changed since then. People now are much less likely excuse pitfalls and clunky gameplay of yesteryear like that, especially when a Remake should smooth this stuff out. One of the reasons P3 and 4 were so well receive is because a lot of these issues were streamlined or fixed.

Anyway, if there's way to lower encounters to more manageable levels, it won't much of a problem then.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: September 04, 2011, 11:26:31 PM »

[
To be fair RPGs and game industry in general has changed since then. People now are much less likely excuse pitfalls and clunky gameplay of yesteryear like that, especially when a Remake should smooth this stuff out. One of the reasons P3 and 4 were so well receive is because a lot of these issues were streamlined or fixed.

Anyway, if there's way to lower encounters to more manageable levels, it won't much of a problem then.

Gamespot gave it a 50% rating. To me, a 50% rating is a game that is sloppily put together, has alot of glitches, maybe has second rate voice actors, probably a movie tie in game. Generally stuff done to generate a quick buck. Yes game reviews are subjective, blablabla, but Innocent Sin did not warrant a 50% rating simply because the reviewer didn't like the encounter rate.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: