Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2014, 09:25:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319801 Posts in 13049 Topics by 2147 Members
Latest Member: TacoBell_Lord
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Keiji Inafune (Megaman, Dead Rising) leaves Capcom
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Keiji Inafune (Megaman, Dead Rising) leaves Capcom  (Read 3431 times)
ULTROS!
People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« on: October 29, 2010, 09:15:16 AM »

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/10/29/inafune_leaving_capcom/

"I feel ugly, I need a hard drink" - Maribel of Dragon Quest VII

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2010, 09:22:29 AM »

Mega Man's Creator Quits Capcom.
Keiji Inafune Resigns From Capcom.
Inafune Keiji resigns and leaves Capcom at the end of this month.

Until he finally did the right choice of leaving Capcom! I wonder what holds the future for Capcom? There's still talented guys in the company though but that doesn't stop me from being worried.

Also, why you guys didn't vote for his design for Legends 3? Now he's pisses. :(

But seriously, thanks for everything man. You did the childhood of many people around the world better with your games. I know he will not read this, but it must be said.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2010, 09:38:01 AM »

Good, maybe now we have someone who will "motivate" the people at Capcom to make Onimusha and BOF.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
ULTROS!
People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2010, 09:40:37 AM »

Hey, my thread was first. :T

Uru

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2010, 09:42:24 AM »

Good, maybe now we have someone who will "motivate" the people at Capcom to make Onimusha and BOF.

I second this.

(and yes, to be fair, Hoshino_Kid was first)
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2010, 09:57:47 AM »

Haha.

Keep dreaming.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2010, 10:28:12 AM »

There's no reason for Capcom to make a BoF or Onimusha game now. They could work in a Breath of Fire VI for the 3DS though, but the IP is not too strong to make big number likes Capcom wants with every game they make and publish.

Watching the development of the new Mega Man games is goin to be fun, especially Legends 3 being a game for the fans and all that.

Also, FUSION THREAD, GO!
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2010, 10:47:41 AM »

Haha.

Keep dreaming.

Dino Crisis then?

There's no reason for Capcom to make a BoF or Onimusha game now. They could work in a Breath of Fire VI for the 3DS though, but the IP is not too strong to make big number likes Capcom wants with every game they make and publish.

The reason is that people want them. If there's no reason to make them, then I have no more reason to buy any Capcom games.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 10:49:21 AM by Lard » Logged

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Jonathan Ingram
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2010, 11:13:07 AM »

Finally!!! If only he left six years earlier, perhaps Mikami, Kamiya and Inaba would still be working at Capcom and the company wouldn`t be as creatively bankrupt as it is now. Well, at least they still have Monster Hunter. Fortunately, Inafune didn`t get to fuck it up with his "westernizing" BS.

Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2010, 11:29:34 AM »

Quote from: Infaune
I love Capcom. Probably more than anyone in the world. However, it's not always the case that your hopes are realized. Just as it was with the girlfriend I loved long ago.

I lol'd irl.
xXMelancholiaXx

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2010, 11:53:15 AM »

Finally!!! If only he left six years earlier, perhaps Mikami, Kamiya and Inaba would still be working at Capcom and the company wouldn`t be as creatively bankrupt as it is now. Well, at least they still have Monster Hunter. Fortunately, Inafune didn`t get to fuck it up with his "westernizing" BS.
I never understood why he felt that westernizing Japanese was the only viable way to save the Japanese gaming industry. It makes me some what curious...

Annubis
Image is from Magical Diary. It's the Deus Ex of VN/Dating sim

Voted most likely to become an evil dictator

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2010, 12:14:36 PM »

The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.
Especially when people tell you they are getting tired of your grass because it's always the same thing over and over.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2010, 12:26:35 PM »

The reason is that people want them. If there's no reason to make them, then I have no more reason to buy any Capcom games.

Well, I guess I never going to understand the fact that people wants a new Breath of Fire game. Yeah, the last three games were something special but right now I doubt that Capcom have the balls to do an RPG.

But I've been wrong in the past, so I'm ready to eat my words if they do another BoF game.

Fortunately, Inafune didn`t get to fuck it up with his "westernizing" BS.

But what about Dead Rising, DmC, Bionic Commando (2009) and Dark Void? Those game are (or were) aiming for the west. Two of this games received bad reception in the market, and DmC it going to have a hard time selling 5 millions copies but at least the Dead Rising game are decent (thanks to Inafune and some good business decisions from what I've read).

Not to mention that Dead Rising 2 have sold 2 million copies now, too bad that Inafune isn't going to be involve in the sequel (if Capcom plans to do one anyway).

I never understood why he felt that westernizing Japanese was the only viable way to save the Japanese gaming industry. It makes me some what curious...

He has been 23 years making games, sooner or later a guy like him is going to see something that put his passion to test... and making games is no easy job most of the time.

And I always been against his westernization thing, mostly because Platinum Games alone demonstrated to the world that you can still make a "Japanese game" without throwing the Japanese flavor out of the window. There's something for everyone to enjoy in Vanquish, Bayonetta or MadWorld.

And seriously, if I want to play a western game I go and buy Red Dead Redemption, Call of Duty 4 or Fallout 3 in my store without a problem.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 12:29:33 PM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2010, 12:30:59 PM »

So, basically, this means we'll never see a good Megaman game ever again.  And just as we get word that Megaman Legends 3 is in production.

My world is crumbling around me.  It hurts so much.

There's something for everyone to enjoy in Vanquish, Bayonetta or MadWorld.

Except that two of those games are very, very clearly marketed at the west, and have very little Eastern developmental influence.

Edit: After reading the Siliconera link, I think I could possibly be content with Inafune working at Level-5.  Assuming they can get the lisence to do Megaman games.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 12:36:29 PM by Gen Eric Gui » Logged
ULTROS!
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2010, 12:38:28 PM »

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-10-29-keiji-inafune-quits-capcom

Takeuchi to replace Inafune.

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: