Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 28, 2014, 11:24:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329846 Posts in 13521 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Keiji Inafune (Megaman, Dead Rising) leaves Capcom
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Keiji Inafune (Megaman, Dead Rising) leaves Capcom  (Read 3578 times)
AJR
Totally groovy

Oh, this burning beard.

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2010, 12:47:07 PM »

There's something for everyone to enjoy in Vanquish, Bayonetta or MadWorld.

Except that two of those games are very, very clearly marketed at the west, and have very little Eastern developmental influence.

I wouldn't say they feel particularly "Western" either though. Well, Vanquish might. I'm installing it now.

Earth-2.net is a website where I occasionally type words about entertaining pieces of media.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2010, 12:50:56 PM »

Good luck to him! I know he can do better than Lost Planet 2. He achieved to sell like 5 million copies of RE5 with his team, he just needs a good project.

Except that two of those games are very, very clearly marketed at the west, and have very little Eastern developmental influence.

And there's nothing wrong with that, gaming has changed a lot in the last few years after all.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2010, 12:52:02 PM »

Can't say I'm surprised, although I thought he'd stick it out for MML3.

For which his heroine design got the fewest votes.

But yeah... Capcom is westernizing some IPs with or without him.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
xXMelancholiaXx

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2010, 12:58:20 PM »

Can't say I'm surprised, although I thought he'd stick it out for MML3.

For which his heroine design got the fewest votes.

But yeah... Capcom is westernizing some IPs with or without him.
I most likely won't be buying many of their games in the future.

AJR
Totally groovy

Oh, this burning beard.

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2010, 03:03:43 PM »

I probably will.

Earth-2.net is a website where I occasionally type words about entertaining pieces of media.
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2010, 06:49:56 PM »

Yeah, I'm curious as to how this will affect MML3...
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2010, 09:27:23 PM »

Not encouraging news.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2010, 03:21:17 PM »

Resident Evil 5 Producer promoted to Corporate Officer.

In an unrelated interview conducted by Capcom, Takeuchi discussed his thoughts on managing human resources and leading a development team.

"When it comes down to it, the key concept is being 'globally minded'. It's important not only to pay attention to the market here in Japan, but develop human resources that are capable of staying in tune with developments abroad, as well as using English fluently. Ten years ago, the Japanese market was large enough that we didn't need to worry about focusing on what was happening outside the country. But things have changed, and now it is important for us to consider how to develop the Japanese market in a way that enables us to secure a share of the Western market. To adapt to the recent changes in the gaming market, we must pay attention to developments in Japan and the West. We canít understand how these markets are different unless we know what is going on in both. Capcom will be a stronger company if each developer fully understands what gamers in the market expect and demand.

Capcom has a lot of great things in store for the future. We're always pushing ourselves, remaining true to the slogan that "if you stop, itís game over".
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2010, 11:30:08 AM »

More news:

Mega Man Creator's Blog erased.

Also...

At least the breath of fire people are still there and that is the most important thing.

Is Makoto Ikehara still at Capcom? He hasn't worked on anything for years now. He did scenario writing for both Lost Planet and Dead Rising four years ago, but he isn't involved with either of the sequels. He be gone too and no one would even know.

I found this on GAF. Is pretty weird seeing Capcom with a lot of the people that made the company famous gone, at least some of those people is making what they really want now (I hope).
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2010, 05:31:31 PM »

Cheesemeister of NeoGAF has translated the huge interview that 4gamer did with Inafune about his resignation at Capcom and a bunch of stuff that I'm sure a lot of people here might find interesting. Is long, but is a very good read.

Keiji Inafune's Capcom departure interview, part 1, 2 and 3.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2010, 06:56:34 PM »

That was a very interesting read. My respect for this guy just increased a lot.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2010, 06:28:34 AM »

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/113/1131547p1.html

"One of Capcom's most cherished franchises could be heading West as rumours circulate that SOCOM developer Slant Six is to work on the next Resident Evil game. "

It's supposed to be multiplayer...

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2010, 01:10:12 PM »

It's supposed to be multiplayer...

I laughed so hard at this after reading the interview yesterday.

Resident Evil slowly began to die after 2 & 3...  this could be the final bullet.

The final bullet was RE4. After Mikami left the company, there was no reason to be even excited about RE5. Not to mention that he finally have his own studio, Tango.

http://tangogameworks.com/

I'm very excited about what this guys can do, since they can easily be the "new Platinum Games". Time will tell.

About Inafune, I don't think that he's going to work in Platinum Games. Maybe with his name alone he can make his own studio, that would be great for him.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2010, 01:26:44 PM »

His description of the Japanese business model is not at all surprising, it's been like that forfuckingever over there. But it gives a better idea as to why so few games from over there are truly 'fresh' these days. Meanwhile, here, you get layoffs galore CONSTANTLY.

But a very good and very honest interview - I'm still reading, heh.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2010, 02:57:01 AM »

I'm guessing he will make a new company and Capcom will probably struggle to stay in business because various series he made will go downhill without him being around
Shinji Mikami/Hideki Kamiya (Clover) made Platinum games
Tetsuya Takahashi made Monolith soft
Hironobu Sakaguchi made Mistwalker

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: