Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 12, 2016, 11:49:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Check out the latest RPG news!
377389 Posts in 15102 Topics by 2334 Members
Latest Member: Malekoth
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  What's The Most Embarrassing Game You Have Bought?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: What's The Most Embarrassing Game You Have Bought?  (Read 6070 times)
Archendrus

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2010, 03:54:39 PM »

I'm in the Ar Tonelico boat too XD It's funny though, it's not exactly dirty, just almost over the line with the innuendo-laden dating sequences. The first two I ordered online so no worries there but, I was just checking up on some info on Ar Tonelico 3 and was thinking how awkward it's going to be to go pick it up at a store.  More than likely I'll have to pre-order it because Gamestop probably won't order a ton of copies otherwise.  So that's two future awkward moments to look forward to.  I'm actually banking on the fact that it's not a huge game and the person working will have never heard of it lol.
kyuusei
Editor Emeritus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2010, 04:48:18 PM »

I'm actually banking on the fact that it's not a huge game and the person working will have never heard of it lol.

Haha, that's always fun. "Do you have Devil Survivor?" "Um... *looks on computer, can't find*" "Oh right, it's probably under Shin Megami Tensei. S-H-I-N M-E.... uh, just look under S. It's a DS game." That last part seemed to help them by leaps and bounds. I have the feeling my copy was the first one bought there. :P
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2010, 04:56:04 PM »

I tend to buy all my games online, embarrassing or not...

Yoda
Fear is the Mind Killer

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2010, 05:16:38 PM »

I'm actually banking on the fact that it's not a huge game and the person working will have never heard of it lol.

Haha, that's always fun. "Do you have Devil Survivor?" "Um... *looks on computer, can't find*" "Oh right, it's probably under Shin Megami Tensei. S-H-I-N M-E.... uh, just look under S. It's a DS game." That last part seemed to help them by leaps and bounds. I have the feeling my copy was the first one bought there. :P

same shit happened when i got strange journey lol
Andrew
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2010, 05:52:57 PM »

I worked for EB/GS for four years - the work is awful, the pay is crappy.  I wish I could show you guys the kinds of applications that we would get in.  Be lucky if you have a GS person who knows what they're doing - but beware, they're probably in college and are out as soon as they graduate.

You're spot on. I work at an EB. I actually get pretty decent pay, but the work is crappy. They expect a lot more than what they pay you for too. And yeah, most employees have no idea what they're doing.

Yeah I've noticed a lot more girls working there than in the past. But like my last post - they're kind of hit and miss in knowledge.

EB where I am now isn't bad - BUT I'm still waiting for them to call me and tell me Ghost of Sparta is in. :P

Never wait for them to call. Depending on how organised they are, you may never get a call. :P And, as much as I hate to say it, all the EB girls I have worked with (excluding my current manager) have no idea about games.

kyuusei
Editor Emeritus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2010, 06:01:50 PM »

The funny thing is, when I used to pre-order, they ALWAYS called me right away. But I haven't pre-ordered anything in a while. Ghost of Sparta is the first one I've done since..I don't know, maybe a Fire Emblem title. But I wanted the soundtrack even if it's digital.  I'm gonna go now after I drop off my super-late report because it's got to be there by now.
Andrew
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2010, 06:08:03 PM »

The funny thing is, when I used to pre-order, they ALWAYS called me right away. But I haven't pre-ordered anything in a while. Ghost of Sparta is the first one I've done since..I don't know, maybe a Fire Emblem title. But I wanted the soundtrack even if it's digital.  I'm gonna go now after I drop off my super-late report because it's got to be there by now.

I know we've got it in stock. If Australia has it you guys MUST. Ha ha.

kyuusei
Editor Emeritus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2010, 07:53:26 PM »

Indeed. Kratos has enough rage for this whole planet. ;)

......Ok, getting Ghost of Sparta was not embarrassing, but it was weird. They asked if I ws a mystery shopper! I guess I don't.... Look like a gamer? Like do I not dress like one? Did I look like I was from head office? I mean, I did ask about pre order bonuses but still...
Dincrest
Analogy spouting
RPGFan Editor

I approve of this nonsense!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2010, 08:16:13 PM »

I'm still waiting for someone to say the Limited Edition Xbox 360 version of Agarest Wars with all the "booby prize" swag. 

"Me Grimlock not nice dino!  Me Jecht!"
ShadowLaguna

Rattle your goddamn head!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2010, 08:20:45 PM »

I'm actually waiting on Super Princess Peach.

As for me, I've never really had any embarrassing purchases. The closest I've gotten to that was when I bought Blue Dragon, and the chick behind the counter said "Cute game". Nothing embarrassing about that, though.

Wii Number - 1981 9892 1002 5530
Wild Armor
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2010, 08:22:09 PM »

I'm going to have to say Magna Carta: Tears of blood, the game that has women with obnoxiousnessly large thighs and men that are women.

EDIT: Enjoyed the music. Also, women's breast were roughly larger than their heads. If you can't imagine that, think of Soul Calibur's Sophitia. Her tits Keep on growing every new SC.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 08:27:26 PM by Wild Armor » Logged
Dincrest
Analogy spouting
RPGFan Editor

I approve of this nonsense!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2010, 08:27:54 PM »

Nah, the game Tea Society of a Witch has girls with the most disproportionately large thighs I've seen in a video game.  Methinks the artist who did the dialogue portraits had an insane thigh fetish, but a different guy drew the cutscenes since the girls looked more properly proportioned there.

"Me Grimlock not nice dino!  Me Jecht!"
Wild Armor
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2010, 08:45:53 PM »

Nah, the game Tea Society of a Witch has girls with the most disproportionately large thighs I've seen in a video game.  Methinks the artist who did the dialogue portraits had an insane thigh fetish, but a different guy drew the cutscenes since the girls looked more properly proportioned there.

Never heard of the game, but I just took a look at an image and those are pretty big. I wonder if the artist for both games go out together for tea and talked about their fetishes for Large thighs on young girls. I'd believe that.
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2010, 08:58:38 PM »

For some reason I felt embarrassed buying Kirby 64 when it came out.
kyuusei
Editor Emeritus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2010, 09:12:07 PM »

I'm still waiting for someone to say the Limited Edition Xbox 360 version of Agarest Wars with all the "booby prize" swag. 

Ha, I forgot all about that. I'm SURE someone on these boards snatched it up.....

Reminds me of this guy I saw on the ferry who had that all-too-big Halo: Reach LE box. He was trying ot show it off to some girl.. who was like 'uh, okay.' It was kind of funny.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: