Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 21, 2014, 06:18:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341196 Posts in 13945 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  What's The Most Embarrassing Game You Have Bought?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: What's The Most Embarrassing Game You Have Bought?  (Read 3983 times)
Archendrus

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2010, 03:54:39 PM »

I'm in the Ar Tonelico boat too XD It's funny though, it's not exactly dirty, just almost over the line with the innuendo-laden dating sequences. The first two I ordered online so no worries there but, I was just checking up on some info on Ar Tonelico 3 and was thinking how awkward it's going to be to go pick it up at a store.  More than likely I'll have to pre-order it because Gamestop probably won't order a ton of copies otherwise.  So that's two future awkward moments to look forward to.  I'm actually banking on the fact that it's not a huge game and the person working will have never heard of it lol.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2010, 04:48:18 PM »

I'm actually banking on the fact that it's not a huge game and the person working will have never heard of it lol.

Haha, that's always fun. "Do you have Devil Survivor?" "Um... *looks on computer, can't find*" "Oh right, it's probably under Shin Megami Tensei. S-H-I-N M-E.... uh, just look under S. It's a DS game." That last part seemed to help them by leaps and bounds. I have the feeling my copy was the first one bought there. :P

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2010, 04:56:04 PM »

I tend to buy all my games online, embarrassing or not...

Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2010, 05:16:38 PM »

I'm actually banking on the fact that it's not a huge game and the person working will have never heard of it lol.

Haha, that's always fun. "Do you have Devil Survivor?" "Um... *looks on computer, can't find*" "Oh right, it's probably under Shin Megami Tensei. S-H-I-N M-E.... uh, just look under S. It's a DS game." That last part seemed to help them by leaps and bounds. I have the feeling my copy was the first one bought there. :P

same shit happened when i got strange journey lol
FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2010, 05:52:57 PM »

I worked for EB/GS for four years - the work is awful, the pay is crappy.  I wish I could show you guys the kinds of applications that we would get in.  Be lucky if you have a GS person who knows what they're doing - but beware, they're probably in college and are out as soon as they graduate.

You're spot on. I work at an EB. I actually get pretty decent pay, but the work is crappy. They expect a lot more than what they pay you for too. And yeah, most employees have no idea what they're doing.

Yeah I've noticed a lot more girls working there than in the past. But like my last post - they're kind of hit and miss in knowledge.

EB where I am now isn't bad - BUT I'm still waiting for them to call me and tell me Ghost of Sparta is in. :P

Never wait for them to call. Depending on how organised they are, you may never get a call. :P And, as much as I hate to say it, all the EB girls I have worked with (excluding my current manager) have no idea about games.

kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2010, 06:01:50 PM »

The funny thing is, when I used to pre-order, they ALWAYS called me right away. But I haven't pre-ordered anything in a while. Ghost of Sparta is the first one I've done since..I don't know, maybe a Fire Emblem title. But I wanted the soundtrack even if it's digital.  I'm gonna go now after I drop off my super-late report because it's got to be there by now.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2010, 06:08:03 PM »

The funny thing is, when I used to pre-order, they ALWAYS called me right away. But I haven't pre-ordered anything in a while. Ghost of Sparta is the first one I've done since..I don't know, maybe a Fire Emblem title. But I wanted the soundtrack even if it's digital.  I'm gonna go now after I drop off my super-late report because it's got to be there by now.

I know we've got it in stock. If Australia has it you guys MUST. Ha ha.

kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2010, 07:53:26 PM »

Indeed. Kratos has enough rage for this whole planet. ;)

......Ok, getting Ghost of Sparta was not embarrassing, but it was weird. They asked if I ws a mystery shopper! I guess I don't.... Look like a gamer? Like do I not dress like one? Did I look like I was from head office? I mean, I did ask about pre order bonuses but still...

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2010, 08:16:13 PM »

I'm still waiting for someone to say the Limited Edition Xbox 360 version of Agarest Wars with all the "booby prize" swag. 

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
ShadowLaguna

Rattle your goddamn head!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2010, 08:20:45 PM »

I'm actually waiting on Super Princess Peach.

As for me, I've never really had any embarrassing purchases. The closest I've gotten to that was when I bought Blue Dragon, and the chick behind the counter said "Cute game". Nothing embarrassing about that, though.

Wii Number - 1981 9892 1002 5530
Wild Armor
Observer
Contributing Editor

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2010, 08:22:09 PM »

I'm going to have to say Magna Carta: Tears of blood, the game that has women with obnoxiousnessly large thighs and men that are women.

EDIT: Enjoyed the music. Also, women's breast were roughly larger than their heads. If you can't imagine that, think of Soul Calibur's Sophitia. Her tits Keep on growing every new SC.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 08:27:26 PM by Wild Armor » Logged

Avatar Author's sig: Let me know if you know this author. :)
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2010, 08:27:54 PM »

Nah, the game Tea Society of a Witch has girls with the most disproportionately large thighs I've seen in a video game.  Methinks the artist who did the dialogue portraits had an insane thigh fetish, but a different guy drew the cutscenes since the girls looked more properly proportioned there.

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Wild Armor
Observer
Contributing Editor

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2010, 08:45:53 PM »

Nah, the game Tea Society of a Witch has girls with the most disproportionately large thighs I've seen in a video game.  Methinks the artist who did the dialogue portraits had an insane thigh fetish, but a different guy drew the cutscenes since the girls looked more properly proportioned there.

Never heard of the game, but I just took a look at an image and those are pretty big. I wonder if the artist for both games go out together for tea and talked about their fetishes for Large thighs on young girls. I'd believe that.

Avatar Author's sig: Let me know if you know this author. :)
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2010, 08:58:38 PM »

For some reason I felt embarrassed buying Kirby 64 when it came out.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2010, 09:12:07 PM »

I'm still waiting for someone to say the Limited Edition Xbox 360 version of Agarest Wars with all the "booby prize" swag. 

Ha, I forgot all about that. I'm SURE someone on these boards snatched it up.....

Reminds me of this guy I saw on the ferry who had that all-too-big Halo: Reach LE box. He was trying ot show it off to some girl.. who was like 'uh, okay.' It was kind of funny.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: