Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2014, 07:19:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338007 Posts in 13838 Topics by 2212 Members
Latest Member: WhiteWishes
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  What's The Most Embarrassing Game You Have Bought?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: What's The Most Embarrassing Game You Have Bought?  (Read 3963 times)
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2010, 10:38:04 PM »

Pretty much anything from gamestop, really, for various reasons.

<Me> Do you have Bloodmoon?
<Phoneclerk> Bloodmayo?
<Me> :|

<Me> When is Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne coming out?
<Clerk>Shumi Ami Tassen?

Also every time I go to a Gamestop these days they're like freaking daycares. It's nothing but old grandmas buying games for their grandkids and like, goddamn nine year olds running around in wifebeaters. Hundreds of them. I basically can't go to Gamestop these days without feeling alternatively like a pedophile and a manchild.

Also, Viva Pinata for the DS from a non...gamestop. I mean on the one hand it's a game about forcing animals to fuck so you can sell their children. On the other hand it looks like it's for little girls. Either way, we lose.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Danku

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2010, 01:31:15 AM »

Pretty much anything from gamestop, really, for various reasons.

<Me> Do you have Bloodmoon?
<Phoneclerk> Bloodmayo?

<Me> When is Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne coming out?
<Clerk>Shumi Ami Tassen?

Also every time I go to a Gamestop these days they're like freaking daycares. It's nothing but old grandmas buying games for their grandkids and like, goddamn nine year olds running around in wifebeaters. Hundreds of them. I basically can't go to Gamestop these days without feeling alternatively like a pedophile and a manchild.

Also, Viva Pinata for the DS from a non...gamestop. I mean on the one hand it's a game about forcing animals to fuck so you can sell their children. On the other hand it looks like it's for little girls. Either way, we lose.
Lol, I've had that problem with Shin Megami games too.
It sounds like you need to buy your games from Amazon or something. If my gamestop wasn't so close and my friends didn't work there, I don't think I would go. I also like your description of Viva Pinata.
Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2010, 03:55:31 AM »

If my gamestop wasn't so close and my friends didn't work there, I don't think I would go.

Personally, I love the meijer that opened closeby here a few years back for letting me buy games with my groceries. Sure, gotta go to gamestop for niche stuff, but I'm glad for any chance to not give them my business without inconveniencing myself. Point to a game and without trying to sell me anything else he gives it to me. No, not the expensive collector edition I didn't ask for, the one I pointed to. Or maybe the one next to it, but hey, honest mistake :P
MindCandy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2010, 01:01:53 PM »

Shin mega ten games are always rough. Nobody knows what they are.

Currently playing:
Xbox 360 - NIER
Wii - Metroid Prime 2: Echos (trilogy version)
PSP - Disgaea
DS - SMT: Devil Survivor
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2010, 01:05:39 PM »

Shin mega ten games are always rough. Nobody knows what they are.

Yeah, it's always easiest if you're just looking for a Persona. Of course, when I went to go get Persona 3: FES I forgot the subtitle even though it's three letters long. Good thing it was so popular, I didn't really need to remember anyway. :P

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2010, 03:51:54 PM »

I use to work/manage a small private game store in new york, in a mostly mainstream gamer environment, which mean a lot of Call of Duty games and a lot of sports titles and very little anything fun. One time I was playing an old Ratchet and Clank game on my PS3 (it was a PS2 one, going commando I am pretty sure), and some guy came in and watched me for just a minute. He then said, and I quote, "Dude how old are you, 6? Go play a real game like Modern Warfare". At first, I was embarrassed for being called out on my gaming tastes, but I then turned around to see him. This fucking guy walked into my store in a wife beater, pants falling right off his ass, a sideways hat, and was probably 22. I went from embarrassed to outright pissed off. I say to him hey, how long you been playing video games. He tells me he started playing during playstation, but only got into it with Ps2. I asked him what stuff do you play, he says shooting games and sports games. I asked if he ever played anything that wasn't a sucky piece of crap and he says huh. I spend 4 minutes trash talking his selection of games he likes, and then promptly kicked him out and said he can't come back til he plays something that doesn't suck. He said fuck this store, I don't wanna come back.

For the next 4 weeks, he would try to come in, and I would stop him at the door, asked what he played, and then boot him cuz it was always Cod. Finally, he comes in at the end of June 2 years ago (while I still worked there, place has closed since) and tells me hey, I tried out that game you were playing that day (it was actually Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction, but eh) and said...well he didn't like it much, but he tried it out and worked on it. He enjoyed using the sniper rifle weapon whose name skips my mind at this moment, and I promptly said welcome back to the store.

Now I know that was a long story that pretty much dwindled off topic, but it's to make a point. People are stupid about things for no reason. Don't be embarrassed about what you like, cuz odds are more people like it than you realize, or are just too bullheaded to try it otherwise. Since then, I have walked into gamestop and bought the queerest, kiddiest, dirtiest, silliest titles with nothing more than a grin on my face. If I ever get questioned or looked at oddly for it, I just say hey, stop preteneding to be a gamer when the extent of your gaming library is Call of Duty 3 for xbox 360. This normally offends people enough that i feel better.

TASTY!
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Smiley Abuser

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2010, 03:56:40 PM »

I only get embarrassed by games when someone who doesn't play RPGs is in the room with me, and there is an emotional moment going on.

God, that's awkward.

-.-
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 03:59:44 PM by Starmongoose » Logged

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2010, 04:03:42 PM »

Last time I went to a gamestop I'm looking at the PC games (trying to find an old copy of NOLF2, basically) and this clerk walks up and he's like "Can I help you with anything?" So I'm all, "No thanks." Usual routine.

Only he doesn't piss off. He just starts reading off the recent releases.

I walked away.

(What's funny is that I don't remember where the hell this gamestop even was. I think it's the one right off campus. Wait no it's the one in clintonville. Derp).

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2010, 04:25:04 PM »

I find that GameStop is hardcore pimping out used games, and pre-ordering stuff like CoD: Black Ops these days. Getting Ghost of Sparta, the girl started talking REALLY fast to the point where I barely managed to make out most of what she said, and it was basically her cramming in 'would you like to pre-order any other upcoming titles' 'your total is 34.79' (I actually misheard this as 44.79 because she was going so fast, so I thought for a minute that she forgot to take off my $10 deposit) 'would you like the $3 guarantee' and maybe another spiel or two in there - all without taking a breath. But she was the one who thought I was a mystery shopper so maybe she was nervous. :D

NANOMACHINES, SON.
CastNuri
AMG A GIRL

There are no coincidences.

CastNuri
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2010, 05:00:28 PM »

I only get embarrassed by games when someone who doesn't play RPGs is in the room with me, and there is an emotional moment going on.

God, that's awkward.

This.

"It is a silly game where nobody wins. " ~ Thomas Fuller ~

http://castnuri.tumblr.com
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2010, 06:34:04 PM »

I remember someone at RPGFan telling me a story about how he was playing Ys music on his guitar, someone else asked him what it was because it fuckin' rocked, but when he said it was from a game the other guy was all crestfallen. 

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2010, 07:09:31 PM »

Well, the only thing I can think of is playing Nier with my wife in the room, whenever kaine was on the screen she was like WTF?
Oh, and while playing P3FES I had all the girls wearing swimsuits and she was like "why are they wearing swimsuits?"
LOL, it was hilarious.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
MindCandy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: November 06, 2010, 11:37:15 PM »

God, that's awkward.

-.-

Heh, I was playing through Magna Carta 2 when a friend stopped over. Told him I jsu had to get to a save point. What I didn't know is that about 15 min of dialogue was between my current position and that save point.

Anybody who has played that game can tell you, every one of those cut scenes is awkward, even without the romance factor.

He also kindly pointed out that one of the male characters was had more skin exposed then the female characters.  Damn you Korea!

Currently playing:
Xbox 360 - NIER
Wii - Metroid Prime 2: Echos (trilogy version)
PSP - Disgaea
DS - SMT: Devil Survivor
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: November 07, 2010, 12:03:07 AM »

I've said this many times, but Azel in Magna Carta: Tears of Blood looks a LOT like this cute girl I dated once. 

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: November 07, 2010, 02:15:54 AM »

Whenever I played Star Ocean 3 in the living room I switched the voices off. It still looked stupid. Thanks Albel!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: