Author Topic: To the Moon [Now Available!]

Kevadu

• Some guy
    • View Profile
Re: To the Moon [New preview trailer released!]
« Reply #45 on: October 13, 2011, 07:42:55 PM »
I *might* be able to get it to Xbox Live eventually. o: Also going to try for Mac & Linux port sometimes next year.

Bring it to Linux and I will give you money!

Sagacious-T

• Official Pony Thread
    • View Profile
Re: To the Moon [New preview trailer released!]
« Reply #46 on: October 13, 2011, 10:10:22 PM »
I *might* be able to get it to Xbox Live eventually. o: Also going to try for Mac & Linux port sometimes next year.

@Saga: Hm true, it does seem rather Flash-like and out of place. I'm going to try to see if I can work out a better fit; thanks for the suggestion!

^o^

you should reward me with an mp3 of the full version of "everything's alright" >:)

Reives

• View Profile
    • Freebird Games
Re: To the Moon [2nd preview trailer released!]
« Reply #47 on: October 16, 2011, 09:34:23 PM »
Heheh, when it comes out perhaps!

Wild Armor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 17, 2011, 03:40:19 PM »

There is no perhaps. Just BandCamp it and upload the link. I'll donate to the cause. :3

Sagacious-T

• Official Pony Thread
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 17, 2011, 05:38:19 PM »

I'm practically already your publicist here!

Sagacious-T

• Official Pony Thread
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 07, 2011, 08:59:56 AM »
It's out!

Reives

• View Profile
    • Freebird Games
« Reply #51 on: November 07, 2011, 02:16:22 PM »
It is!

Launch trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9Vo4m2yiIo
Launch poster: http://www.freebirdgames.com/images/To_the_Moon-launch-poster-lrg.png

Sorry for the delay here; I totally got buried by all the launch things. And now my sleeping schedule totally got flipped. :P I'll start sending some PMs of review copies and the like now!

Wild Armor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: To the Moon [Now Available!]
« Reply #52 on: November 08, 2011, 08:11:11 PM »
Saw the trailer. Game of the year. ;)

Dincrest

• Foot-in-Mouth disease
  • RPGFan Editor
  • Overuser of analogies, similes, and metaphors
    • View Profile
    • RPGFan
« Reply #53 on: November 13, 2011, 05:27:27 PM »
While all the cool kids are playing Skyrim, I'm playing this.  (Granted, I've never been much of an Elder Scrolls fan, so I wouldn't be playing Skyrim anyway:P)

As for the Xbox Live Indie Marketplace thing, in my warped little mind if a crummy game like The Fall of Gods can make it to XBL, then a great game like To The Moon should.   
"I think I'm losing it.  I'm pulling out my hair trying to figure out what couch defines me as a person.  This is freaking madness.  This is hopeless.  This... my perfect little habitat here, and I still don't even know who I am."  - from Dow Jones and the Temple of Doom by Burnt By The Sun

John

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.rpgfan.com
« Reply #54 on: November 15, 2011, 10:19:51 AM »
As for the Xbox Live Indie Marketplace thing, in my warped little mind if a crummy game like The Fall of Gods can make it to XBL, then a great game like To The Moon should.   

It's a little bit more complicated than that.  If I have my facts straight, XBLIG games must be created in XNA.  I'd guess if Freebird is building from the ground-up for PC, their code is likely written in straight C++.
THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL

GrimReality

• Dark Lord of Nostalgia
  • OK, options aren't SO bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 15, 2011, 10:56:13 AM »
Wow. I just read both reviews, and I am SO wanting to play this NOW. Sounds exactly like what I've been looking for in games for a long time now. I guess I'll just have to play it on my computer. I'll download it tonight! Thanks guys!
Playing: DA: Inquisition
Reading: The Backyard Parables

Indinera

• Game Designer
    • View Profile
    • Aldorlea Games
« Reply #56 on: November 15, 2011, 12:37:15 PM »
While all the cool kids are playing Skyrim, I'm playing this.  (Granted, I've never been much of an Elder Scrolls fan, so I wouldn't be playing Skyrim anyway:P)

It's actually pretty complicated to port a RM game to XBL. I know because I'm trying to do it for Millennium - A New Hope (hopefully you'd like that as well ^^).
The structure of a RM game, especially one with many script modifications, is not naturally exportable because it has to be converted into a language specific to XBL.
Regardless of the quality of The Fall of Gods, Geex did actually quite a good job exporting his game.
Aldorlea Games (Laxius Force, Millennium, Asguaard, Dreamscape, 3 Stars of Destiny and more!) - http://www.aldorlea.com

Maxximum

• RPGFan Editor
  • Fills you with determiantion
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 15, 2011, 02:01:41 PM »
Heh, a front page feature and two reviews at once, not too shabby. Looks pretty fantastic for an RM game (which I assume it is), well done.
NOW PLAYING:
I can't tell you

Indinera

• Game Designer
    • View Profile
    • Aldorlea Games
« Reply #58 on: November 15, 2011, 02:07:13 PM »
It definitely is one.
Aldorlea Games (Laxius Force, Millennium, Asguaard, Dreamscape, 3 Stars of Destiny and more!) - http://www.aldorlea.com

Dincrest

• Foot-in-Mouth disease
  • RPGFan Editor
  • Overuser of analogies, similes, and metaphors
    • View Profile
    • RPGFan
« Reply #59 on: November 15, 2011, 05:34:13 PM »
Indy- I figured that, but it doesn't stop me/us from wishful thinking, ya know? 

Maxx- yes, it is an RPGM game, but it's one of the best out there.  The freeware stuff by the dev is pretty slammin' too. 
"I think I'm losing it.  I'm pulling out my hair trying to figure out what couch defines me as a person.  This is freaking madness.  This is hopeless.  This... my perfect little habitat here, and I still don't even know who I am."  - from Dow Jones and the Temple of Doom by Burnt By The Sun