Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 23, 2014, 04:35:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331989 Posts in 13599 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  To the Moon [Now Available!]
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Print
Author Topic: To the Moon [Now Available!]  (Read 10815 times)
Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: November 24, 2011, 03:52:03 PM »

IF they can. This is an RPGMaker game, so they may be bound to Windows like it or not. With that said I imagine it's a fairly simple engine to emulate in function, given Zeboyd games and Ash, and it isn't unheard of for indie RPGMaker games to be remade into the developer's own engine (Corpse Party).

I'm fairly sure Ash was done with RPGMaker. At least, they used some of the stock art from RPGMaker. My girlfriend is playing an RPGMaker game right now, Deadly Sin, and I noticed that many of the enemy graphics are the same. So maybe the Ash team ported the engine over to iOS?

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 24, 2011, 04:06:59 PM »

If my two year old netbook (Windows 7, lulz) can run this, I'm down.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
hell_snake

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: November 24, 2011, 04:09:22 PM »

After reading Neal's and Dave's reviews, I couldn't turn a blind eye to this particular title like I always do to these games. This is the first RPGM game I've ever sat through from start to finish, and I loved it! So, thanks a lot guys :D

But of course, I should really be thanking the team at Freebird Games for those splendid 4 hours I've spent with To The Moon. And even though I found the gameplay aspect to be pretty weak I appreciated the exclusion of unnecessary battles.

Do I have to say anything about the story at this point? I thought it was intriguing, down to earth and heartwarming. I liked how the writer mostly opted for giving you enough hints to form your own conclusions rather than explaining everything in full detail. And the soundtrack is definitely an excellent fit. One other thing that really added to the effectiveness of the story was the attention to some rather subtle details. Like the movement of River's eyes, for example.

All in all, I highly recommend it. It's only 4 to 5 hours long, so it's a nice break from Skyrim or Dark Souls or whatever EPIC game most of us are playing right now. Besides, each one of these very rare occasions when a game tells a worthwhile story should be celebrated by all gamers.

"An unanswered question is better than an unquestioned answer"
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: November 26, 2011, 01:34:36 PM »

Is there any chance this comes to PSN or XBLA?

(If this has been asked I apologize, I haven't been in this thread)
Tailzo
RPG fan from Norway

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: November 30, 2011, 12:29:15 AM »

Reives; your game is really nice. I love the writing, story and atmosphere of it.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: