Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 21, 2014, 01:12:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319300 Posts in 13036 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage  (Read 1455 times)
Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2010, 03:54:07 PM »

Meh. I am probably one of the biggest FOTNS fans alive, but I hate Musou games. If you want a good HnK game play the PS2 fighting game or the DS comic-game

I can get behind the DS game, but the PS2 fighter? Seriously? I find this game a much more rewarding and honest-to-the-source-material experience.

Gen has it right: It's visceral. Every hit is meaty and pleasantly fulfilling. I really hope that some DLC is made at some point, because this is already a good start and I can see it being easy to expand upon with the Dream mode.

You didn't like the PS2 fighter? It's incredibly fun and It has so much fanservice to the manga it's insane. Shin even has a special suicide move. YURIAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! Arc System Works knows how to game a decent fighter.

ASW does do good work, but FotNS isn't their shining moment. It's incredibly broken. Fun? Sometimes. But not the deeper level of fun I expect out of a competent fighter.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2010, 04:32:20 PM »

I want to pick this up, really I do, but I hate Dynasty Warriors-style games. Ninety nine nights, Warriors series, hell even final fight and streets of rage beat em ups get me bored shortly after starting....unless you add 2 player. I could hate the living hell out of the original dynasty warriors, but if a buddy asked em to roll with him on it, I'm there.

That being said, my post is already dead...

TASTY!
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: