Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 03, 2014, 03:49:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330207 Posts in 13529 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Deathly Hallows
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print
Author Topic: Deathly Hallows  (Read 7949 times)
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: December 01, 2010, 02:13:25 PM »

Saw it finally - a review from someone who DIDN't READ the books (only first 2...but hey).

-Good movie overall
-Like many have said, camping could have been condensed a bit.  I get the build-up for some psychological tension, but too often it was looking at nothing.
-The Hermione/Harry dance scene was nice and suitable for the problems they have.
-The violence (poor Ron) was happily welcomed to something a bit more honest when screwing around with magic
-I didn't understand the old woman bit when they go into that town.  She just says stuff then *poof*, bad stuff happens.  I thought she would have been a good source for advice?
-Loved the 3 Brother's story - well down, perfect for the "wizards and witches" aesthetic.
-Is it just me, or is Luna Lovegood hiding either some serious weight gain or a pregnancy?  The first time you see her, you see her from the breast up.  THe second time, you see her in overalls (its common for filmakers to "hide" pregnancies/weight this way).  She looked a lot chubbier too (her arms, and a scene where she bends down to Harry).  tsk tsk tsk.
-Definitely slow, but probably flushes the characters out better
-Anyone find it awfully amusing how how Voldemort with his astounding power and mastery of dark arts, cannot kill Harry and friends, despite them ONLY attacking with magical toys (Hermione's bag of tricks that she stole from Felix the Cat), and Harry ONLY using "classroom" magic?  Haha; I mean, I think I'm numbed to what RPGs have done to me - but I'm surprised no one can summon some lightning, or a blizzard.  At least they have magic to turn on candles and flip pages in books. :P
-I didn't read the books, so any reason that Harry was drawn by that glowing deer?  Or was it a deus ex?

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: December 01, 2010, 02:38:28 PM »

The deer, why voldemort can't straight up murder harry, and that old lady are all explained.

The deer and voldemort parts would be spoilers but I can tell you about the old lady
old lady was killed and then turned into a puppet by voldemort as a potential trap for harry if he went there for clues. she didn't say anything in front of hermione because she was actually voldemort's monster snake in disguise. harry can actually talk to snakes since one of his ancient ancestors is some other guy that's considered a bad dude in harry potterland. if the old lady tried talking in front of hermione then she would've known it was a trap

the deer is interesting and gets revealed in the 2nd part of DH.

And as far as them always getting away, that stuff always seems more plausible in the books. Take LOTR for example. Reading that it seems to make sense how sam and frodo make it to the end. In the movie it seems like they're just lucky or all the enemies are retarded
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: December 01, 2010, 02:45:59 PM »

The deer, why voldemort can't straight up murder harry, and that old lady are all explained.

The deer and voldemort parts would be spoilers but I can tell you about the old lady
old lady was killed and then turned into a puppet by voldemort as a potential trap for harry if he went there for clues. she didn't say anything in front of hermione because she was actually voldemort's monster snake in disguise. harry can actually talk to snakes since one of his ancient ancestors is some other guy that's considered a bad dude in harry potterland. if the old lady tried talking in front of hermione then she would've known it was a trap

the deer is interesting and gets revealed in the 2nd part of DH.

And as far as them always getting away, that stuff always seems more plausible in the books. Take LOTR for example. Reading that it seems to make sense how sam and frodo make it to the end. In the movie it seems like they're just lucky or all the enemies are retarded

Strange, I thought retarded enemies were the epidemic in the Hollywood industry... James Bond flicks attest to this, he's a one man army in a world where no one can aim. :P

That and the common, as I dub kidus-bookus-afflictus.... where kids always win in the adult world. x) 

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: December 01, 2010, 02:52:05 PM »

Actually Yoda,

Harry can speak Parseltongue because of his link with Voldemort. It is actually Voldemort whos ancestor is Salazaar Slytherin.

Also, Dice. Harry knows far more than just classroom magic, and has been learning advanced magic since his very first year from when Hermionie would steal forbidden books from the library. Plus Loopin taught him advanced defence against the dark arts spells while he was a teacher there. Plus in Half-Blood Prince Dumbledore and Snape would teach him magic in private.

As for all your other questions, they are explained quite well in the books and there really isn't any obvious plotholes.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: December 01, 2010, 02:53:09 PM »

Damn. I just got "pwned" as the kids say

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: December 01, 2010, 02:57:09 PM »

Don't worry, Yoda. I'm sure I'm the one who comes off more pathetic in this situation.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: December 01, 2010, 03:02:11 PM »

Nah, you're cool.
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: December 01, 2010, 03:03:14 PM »

Don't worry, Yoda. I'm sure I'm the one who comes off more pathetic in this situation.

Not at all, you're awesomely informative (and I just found out "awesomely" is a word...).

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: December 01, 2010, 03:10:53 PM »

Awh. Yay! :D

Btw, I didn't really notice if Luna looks fatter or not. She looked the same to me.

She isn't pregnant though.

It would actually be a very good thing if she gained weight, because as a child she was in hospital for a while because of her anorexia. She actually wrote a letter to JK Rowling when she was in the hospital and it was Rowlings response that made her start eating again.

EDIT: Yeah, that's right, Dice. You just called an anorexic girl fat. Do you feel happy now? DO YA!?
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 03:24:55 PM by Starmongoose » Logged

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: December 01, 2010, 03:42:52 PM »

EDIT: Yeah, that's right, Dice. You just called an anorexic girl fat. Do you feel happy now? DO YA!?

I heard about the anorexia... kinda obvious.  She was a twig before.

Really?  Am I the only one who sees it?

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: December 01, 2010, 03:46:04 PM »

I think it's a weird illusion with the overalls...

Though, maybe? I dunno.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: December 01, 2010, 03:54:45 PM »

I thought the overalls were a bit odd and thought she looked strange in them.

In the wedding scene I thought she looked adorable as ever
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: January 24, 2011, 07:52:33 AM »

Actually Yoda,

Harry can speak Parseltongue because of his link with Voldemort. It is actually Voldemort whos ancestor is Salazaar Slytherin.

As for all your other questions, they are explained quite well in the books and there really isn't any obvious plotholes.

The only thing that bothers me is the time traveling thing. They could just use it to go back and kill voldemort when he was a kid. They say it's dangerous to use but Dumbledore let Hermione use it so she could attend several classes simultaneously for Christ's sake!

Meanwhile the director has confirmed that they changed the place where
Code:
Snape
dies. They better not mess this up, this is one of the most important scenes in the whole story and the demise of what is arguably the best character of them all.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: January 24, 2011, 09:58:14 AM »

Oh no they didn'!
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore