Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 20, 2014, 11:09:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341116 Posts in 13941 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Deathly Hallows
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print
Author Topic: Deathly Hallows  (Read 9048 times)
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2010, 11:43:42 AM »

The story is brilliant, the characters are brilliant. Snape's story arc, specially the way it ends is one of the very best parts of the books. His motivations, his past, his struggles and that incredibly touching moment at the very end... To think that all those references at the fact that Harry has his mother's eyes were a build up for that specific moment...
The whole world and lore is so fleshed out, the films only scratch the surface. I hope DH part 2 turns out to be the best Potter film ever because the ending of this amazing story deserves it.
So many characters die in the last book, watching some of those on the screen will be heart breaking.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2010, 02:38:09 PM »

Out of those movies, I really liked 1 and 2 (3 was good-ish, I liked 2 most)
I read books 4, 5, and 6 and ended up hating their movie counterparts (especially 4 since it cut out an ending part with some bitchy woman getting what she deserved and also helped Robert Pattinson become a heartthrob)
These last few movies have had too many minor characters
Chris Columbus was perfect for this series.

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2010, 03:01:37 PM »

Going tonight.

Whisk me away Luna Lovegood!
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2010, 01:04:13 AM »

Very good adaption of the book. Soundtrack is a bit weak (not nearly as good as 5) but everything is very well done. It's a bit slow, but if follows the book so stfu about it being slow.

out of Yoda faces
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Smiley Abuser

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2010, 01:12:59 AM »

We were going to see it today, but I ended up getting sick :( Typical.

Apparently the cinema was mobbed anyway, so I doubt we would have gotten tickets.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2010, 01:16:30 AM »

For those having read the books
the way they present the tale of the 3 deathly hollows is amazing. i was taken for a loop and i'd see it again just for that scene

that's not really a spoiler but i'm playing it safe.
CastNuri
AMG A GIRL

There are no coincidences.

CastNuri
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2010, 11:56:21 AM »

Saw it last night (I donned a spiffy witch's hat, twas great). :P

I enjoyed the film, thought it was faithful to the book and I'm glad that there was a fair share of humor despite the dark undertones. It felt a little dragged on but I think that's just because the first half of the book was kinda dragged on. Definitely a set-up for the more exciting finale.

Pretty much agree with your 'spoiler' Yoda, that caught me by surprise too.

"It is a silly game where nobody wins. " ~ Thomas Fuller ~

http://castnuri.tumblr.com
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2010, 12:28:02 PM »

the parts of HBP where harry and dumbledude are questing for tom riddle's past, and the parts of TDH where they're looking for clues and horcruxes are my favorite parts of the whole series.

They messed up HBP bigtime in my opinion, but so far 7 is well done.

CastNuri
AMG A GIRL

There are no coincidences.

CastNuri
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2010, 12:39:21 PM »

I think that the scenes in HPB were more clear cut (excepting the Riddle bits) and TDH feels more muddled, in terms of camera movement and scene-switching. It works because it reflects Harry's lack of direction while he's searching for the Horcruxes.

"It is a silly game where nobody wins. " ~ Thomas Fuller ~

http://castnuri.tumblr.com
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2010, 05:27:14 AM »

Watched it yesterday and really enjoyed it, it's my favorite since Azkaban. I'm glad they weren't afraid to show a bit of violence when it was needed. I was also impressed with how explicit the kiss between
Code:
the Harry and Hermione that come out of the locket
is, even though the scene is done with CG and not the real actors I was surprised by it.
Though the film is dark there are some excellent moments of humor, especially with Ron when they infiltrate the ministry.
Some people say it drags a bit in the middle but I really enjoy the interactions between these 3 characters, the parts where they are completely isolated from the world and their friendship is really put to the test because of all those negative feelings was great for me in the book and I enjoyed it here too, the
Code:
dance scene
with Harry and Hermione is beautiful, I really love the relation between those 2 characters, Hermione has been my favorite character pretty much since the beginning.
Code:
Dobby's death
broke my heart all over again.
To anyone considering bringing their children to this movie be aware that the teen rating is warranted.
The soundtrack was also great.
I have high hopes for part 2 now.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2010, 11:01:35 AM »

Oh I loved the end of the movie. It left you with the same feeling that Empire Strikes Back did, or Two Towers even.

sandiny0ursh0es

sandiny0ursh0es
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2010, 01:01:59 PM »

I saw it on Friday night... it's definitely a movie made strictly for the fans. It's a good thing I listened to the audiobook recently so that I had somewhat of a refresher course of what happened, because if I hadn't I feel like I would've been lost. The movie feels like it moves super fast and I feel sorry for anyone (like my +1 and a couple of my friends) that just watches the movies and isn't really a HP fan.

I personally thought HP7A was okay. Excited for the second one though as lots of shit goes down and loose ends get tied up. I'm more a fan of the first 3 movies, much like a lot of people on here it seems.

Also, I HIGHLY recommend listening to the audiobooks for this series. Jim Dale is friggin phenomenal in his performance of the books, it's like re-experiencing the HP world in a whole new way.

Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2010, 09:41:18 PM »

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Smiley Abuser

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2010, 09:49:40 PM »

what?

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2010, 09:53:05 PM »

I saw it this weekend and loved it. I haven't read the books and I've only seen Half-Blood Prince and Sorcerer's Stone, along with Deathly Hallows. I want to read the books now, so my girlfriend is going to buy me the box set for V-Day :)

"Oh, a hunter..."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: