Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 30, 2014, 07:27:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327766 Posts in 13420 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Rockman Online
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Rockman Online  (Read 4009 times)
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2010, 04:06:31 PM »

Official Japanese website: http://www.capcom.co.jp/megaman_universe/

Inafune even said in an interview that the whole "cataclysm theory" where MM, Light, Roll and everyone gets murdered by a wild Zero wasn't what he had in mind.

...what.

Who came up with that "theory"?  How COULD you come up with that "theory"?  The games directly contradict everything about it!  Zero wasn't even COMPLETED until well after Wily and Light's deaths, as when Zero self-completed and awoke Sigma and the Maverick Hunters were already around, and that was almost a thousand years after Light/Wily time.

People on the internet need to pay attention before spouting off these kinds of wild theories.

You see, there's people who think that the whole Mega Man series has a "timeline" like the Zelda games.
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2010, 05:14:32 PM »

I fail to see how your comment connects to what I said at all.  I never said anything about there not being a timeline, I said the so called "cataclysm" theory was complete and utter bull because the games directly contradict it.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2010, 07:23:32 PM »

I kinda assumed that RMO morphed into MMU, but duly noted. I will make a new thread for it if your modness would see fit to lock this thread.

I don't intend to lock as long as conversation stays to RMO or at least reasonably related, namely the X continuity talk. I'd still rather have a separate thread for Mega Man Universe though.
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2010, 11:45:57 PM »

I don't recall them ever saying in any of the games that Zero self-completed. The last time I recall there being any sort of connection whatsoever to the original series was X4, where they just had that flashback where Sigma goes to fight Zero...that doesn't indicate when Zero was awakened or anything like that.

As far where the silly Cataclysm theory came from, it's probably from the Bob and George comic.

I don't really see how connecting a colorful, cartoony and sometimes campy series with X can result in anything but disaster anyway. I think its best left to our imaginations.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2010, 12:10:43 AM »

The last time I recall there being any sort of connection whatsoever to the original series was X4, where they just had that flashback where Sigma goes to fight Zero...that doesn't indicate when Zero was awakened or anything like that.

I don't know/remember about the rest, but there definitely were tie ins to the classic series in X5.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2010, 11:12:23 AM »

I'll make that thread when there's more information out there than just that trailer.

They've been hinting at Zero being one of Wily's creations since the end of X2, although the hint was incredibly vague given how many doctors there were at the time.

Then again if you're looking for any sort of connection to the original series, the X series was goddamn littered with them. Nevermind X1's opening specifically referencing Dr. Light but every X game save Command Mission had those upgrade capsules and everyone of them had Dr. Light give instructions on how to use the upgrades contained therein.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2010, 12:40:46 PM »

Zero WAS Wily's final creation.  This was confirmed in several of the games.
Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2010, 07:23:03 PM »

I can see this game being very similar to Dungeon Fighter Online, which is fine with me.  Having said that, I don't see how a Megaman game would benefit from 2-4 player simultaneous play, given its strict left right jump movement (versus Final Fight or DFO letting you move up and down too) but even then, I replayed Megaman games just for fun... now imagine if each replay had a chance of dropping phat loot to trade in between runs.  That would be cool in my opinion.

If you re-spec your elduhz and own a Vita - http://twitter.com/BSNursery
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2010, 11:02:38 AM »

I only was referring to the reference in X2. I am well aware of it being spelled out as clear as day in the PSX games.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2010, 01:54:17 AM »

Some new stuff has been out since, but it doesn't seem to be widespread.

The trailer that was released a while ago looked surprisingly good, but given that this is a Korean developer I'm not so sure it reflects anything in the actual game really well.

Which brings me to some gameplay footage, which looks...really dull. Graphically, looks alright, but not too interested gameplay-wise after seeing that. Reports have said you can play as Megaman, X, Zero, Protoman, Bass, and others.

This is most probably a Korea-only release, and it's probably best it stays that way, since it doesn't look particularly interesting.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 01:55:50 AM by Hathen » Logged
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2010, 02:38:18 AM »

Zero was Wily's final creation, but there's nothing in the games that say he self completed, and the flashbacks in his mind where he's standing among dead bodies with blood in his hands fuels the cataclysm theory in many fans' eyes.

Your theory is just as "bull" as every other fans', because there's no real evidence pointing to anything.

Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2010, 01:19:54 AM »

the flashbacks in his mind where he's standing among dead bodies with blood in his hands fuels the cataclysm theory in many fans' eyes.

When Zero first awoke out of his capsule, he had the "Sigma" virus in him, and he went berserk and killed a good number of people and reploids.  It wasn't until Sigma and his team of hunters fought Zero that he snapped out of it, but of course, Sigma had then contracted the virus and went missing, later showing up as the leader of the Maverick forces.

THAT is the flashback Zero is always having, it has nothing to do with killing anyone in Light/Wily's era, and anyone who thinks otherwise is purposefully ignoring things that are explicitly spelled out in the game.  It's canon that Wily and Light never actually got to see their final creations completed and activated.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2010, 01:40:52 AM »

When Zero first awoke out of his capsule, he had the "Sigma" virus in him, and he went berserk and killed a good number of people and reploids.  It wasn't until Sigma and his team of hunters fought Zero that he snapped out of it, but of course, Sigma had then contracted the virus and went missing, later showing up as the leader of the Maverick forces.

THAT is the flashback Zero is always having, it has nothing to do with killing anyone in Light/Wily's era, and anyone who thinks otherwise is purposefully ignoring things that are explicitly spelled out in the game.  It's canon that Wily and Light never actually got to see their final creations completed and activated.

I know about the first part, but where is the second part "spelled out" in the game? Where is it said in canon that Wily never saw Zero come to fruition? I don't remember at all, so you'll need to elaborate on this for me.

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: