Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2014, 04:48:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334718 Posts in 13708 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  No one hitting AssCreed: B?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: No one hitting AssCreed: B?  (Read 4094 times)
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2010, 05:05:53 PM »

Bought it for my bro for Xmas, will probably play some of it, too.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2010, 05:38:10 PM »

Those are the best type of gifts. :P
Bought FFX for my brother... he moved out and it's still here haha

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2010, 06:03:52 PM »

Those are the best type of gifts. :P
Bought FFX for my brother... he moved out and it's still here haha

Funny, I've been trying to convince my bro to play that very game.

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2010, 09:46:33 PM »

So I suppose you two are... *Puts on sunglasses* ... assbros?

YEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2010, 09:58:13 PM »

So I suppose you two are... *Puts on sunglasses* ... assbros?

YEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love this forum.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2010, 10:58:17 PM »

My theory is that only people who played the first game directly after it's release (and the glorious hype train) felt really burned. I played it last fall, and while I saw it's faults, I didn't really find anything hateable about it. I think if it hadn't been hyped to death, people would have played it for what it was, and generally said, "oh, this game is kind of cool, a bit repetitive, but some really interesting things". Instead it's, "OMG this game isn't the second coming of Pizza Jesus the Third!" I dunno, maybe I'm wrong, but I really had some fun with it, far removed from it's initial hype. No question the second was far better and improved (instant GOTY material), though.

You also paid way, way less than they did. Even if they had realistic expectations they still paid $60 for the game, and if they didn't feel they got their $60 worth of entertainment they're going to be disgruntled.
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2010, 11:07:47 PM »

My theory is that only people who played the first game directly after it's release (and the glorious hype train) felt really burned. I played it last fall, and while I saw it's faults, I didn't really find anything hateable about it. I think if it hadn't been hyped to death, people would have played it for what it was, and generally said, "oh, this game is kind of cool, a bit repetitive, but some really interesting things". Instead it's, "OMG this game isn't the second coming of Pizza Jesus the Third!" I dunno, maybe I'm wrong, but I really had some fun with it, far removed from it's initial hype. No question the second was far better and improved (instant GOTY material), though.

You also paid way, way less than they did. Even if they had realistic expectations they still paid $60 for the game, and if they didn't feel they got their $60 worth of entertainment they're going to be disgruntled.

I have that problem with a lot of game's nowadays.  They take so long to make for just 20 hours of gameplay, and ringing in at $60-$70.  I like a lot games with extra options and play modes.

Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2010, 11:19:24 PM »

I have that problem with a lot of game's nowadays.  They take so long to make for just 20 hours of gameplay, and ringing in at $60-$70.  I like a lot games with extra options and play modes.

More replayability would be preferable over length, yes. I miss Game+ and hidden secrets that you could miss on your first playthrough that netted you awesome rewards. Does Assassin's Creed have those?

Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: November 29, 2010, 07:44:31 PM »

More replayability would be preferable over length, yes. I miss Game+ and hidden secrets that you could miss on your first playthrough that netted you awesome rewards. Does Assassin's Creed have those?

Can't speak for Brotherhood yet (though from what I've played, it's easy to get sidetracked doing various other things that you may or may not find rewarding) but AC2 doesn't have too much.  The only real sidequests in AC2 are the extra dungeons to get the best armor and weapon in the game.  The extra dungeons are so-so depending on how much you like crawling around extra dungeons.  No real replay value, but you can continue to play after you beat the game.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2010, 02:38:01 AM »

Unexpectedly beat it last night (the end comes quick, and almost suddenly - then it plays in a nice chain that can't have you stop).

EPIC ending.  I know some won't like it.  But the reveal and the remaining mysteries have will have me reading every post on any new game coming up (hopefully, not a sidestory title).

I was SUPER happy that this moved the plot along.

Code:
Using the Piece of Eden was a nice treat to the series, helping to explain why so many sought it.  It was interesting to see how it could make the enemies turn against each other, fully submit themselves, or simply be killed by it.  Many unanswered questions.  The "stab" scene is somewhat eluded to by Subject 16 and Juno [the irony in her name and who she kills is beautiful], and rumours about its meaning make sense.  It seems to the big speculation is.... [spoilers??] apprently Lucy's non- first civilization blood and human hybrid (that permit assassin's to be agile, quick, and have that infinite vitality) would be tainted because of the sort of feeling Lucy and Desmond have.  Desmond needs to find "eve" to keep that hybrid-god-human blood strong.  Not confirmed, obviously, but I thought it was a cute rumour.  Subject 16's bare reveal doesn't spell too many good things though. 

The series kinda makes me sad when it swaps to the modern-day part... a sort of one-sided struggle, and foreshadowing of many bad events kinda makes me gloomy.

The part with Cesare had me confused...he made a big deal out of nothing at the end?

That, and subject 16's puzzles, for some reason, creep me the fuck out.
(maybe the combination of creepy sounds, colours, and conspiracies that break apart the world as nothing but conspiracy for power hungry men)

AJR
Totally groovy

Oh, this burning beard.

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2010, 10:33:57 AM »

Gawd damn. I'm loving this game.

Earth-2.net is a website where I occasionally type words about entertaining pieces of media.
Booboo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: December 21, 2010, 04:50:59 AM »

If anyone is remotely addicted to MP, hit me up on psn: Raging_booboo.

Also the next game will surely take place in 18th century France, and prolly a female assassin

kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 21, 2010, 02:39:37 PM »

The fact that so many of these games are 20 hours or less is why I rarely buy them at launch. When they drop to 30-40 they're much more enticing.

Free works too. I JUST got AC2 for my birthday. I can't wait to play it, though I have to wait til I get back to my apartment and the PS3.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: December 21, 2010, 07:35:48 PM »

Also the next game will surely take place in 18th century France, and prolly a female assassin

I just did an indepth google search, and came up with nothing conclusive of the sort. There are quite a bit of rumors flying about, and the French Revolution is definitely one of the most prominant, but so is WW2 Germany, which Ubi has also hinted at. Don't believe anything until they make a formal announcement, because Ubi is having fun toying with the fans, and the fans are loving it.

I just hope that we get a lot of modern day parkour as well. I think that's probably pretty much a given seeing as that the whole goal of the series is to turn Desmond into the perfect modern-day assassin, I just hope they hope save it until the 11th hour and give us only 10 minutes.

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
Booboo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: December 22, 2010, 05:15:04 AM »

I just did an indepth google search, and came up with nothing conclusive of the sort. There are quite a bit of rumors flying about, and the French Revolution is definitely one of the most prominant, but so is WW2 Germany, which Ubi has also hinted at. Don't believe anything until they make a formal announcement, because Ubi is having fun toying with the fans, and the fans are loving it.

I just hope that we get a lot of modern day parkour as well. I think that's probably pretty much a given seeing as that the whole goal of the series is to turn Desmond into the perfect modern-day assassin, I just hope they hope save it until the 11th hour and give us only 10 minutes.

The following may be SPOILERS and since I'm not clicking with the spoiler tags on this forum I did my job and warned the peeps:

1) At the end Shaun mentioned the masonic eye and the phrygian cap and both appear on the declaration of independence, 18th century, France. This is also mentioned in the game guide for ACB
2) The baron de Valois has a whole chapter for himself so it may be a hint on the things to come
3) Mont Saint-Michel is a citadel in France and I don't find a good reason why it's in the MP maps, since all are from Italy, so another hint
4) Ubisoft is a french company and Ubi Montreal is a french subsidiary so I'll consider this also
5) The women rights declaration would make a female assassin in that period so plausible and it's a chance they have to fructify.
6) WW2 has been ruled out by some Ubi CEO or manager at some point and I'm too lazy to link it here.

SPOILER END.

Also, Ive played AC1 on PC but then again all my life I've played pc games and turned to consoles last gen and I'm reconsidering getting AC1 on PS3 but I'm afraid it's going to freeze like crazy, even if they released that freeze patch so I'd like imput from guys which have it on that platform.

Also, it really depends on how you play, Kyuusei, because the first playthru of AC2 took me about 40 hours and ACb about 50, but then again, I'm a big fan of the franchise and I like to mess around with everything that's being thrown at me, even collecting chests, and considering ACb has MP, it gives it unlimited replay value.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 05:18:04 AM by Booboo » Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: