Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 23, 2014, 03:09:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327202 Posts in 13394 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy XIV Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy XIV Journal  (Read 20285 times)
ShiningHero

Lawlerabs

lightbreakerec@hotmail.com Blazeddc
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2011, 12:13:00 AM »

I was originally going to wait till the PS3 version was released before coming back but with all the changes I figured I'd give the game another shot.

Now I just need to find a new linkshell. I don't suppose anybody here is in on Trabia and in a ls that is recruiting?
« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 01:23:36 PM by ShiningHero » Logged

Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2011, 02:34:21 AM »

One of my HNMLS mates helps run a new player LS called Moghouse. I can ask him about it for you. What level jobs do you have?
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2011, 02:49:51 AM »

For folks interested in checking the game out again. It would seem that Pleveling in party is now entirely possible and encouraged. If anyone is interested in a leg up, I'll be online Sunday evening helping some returning friends acclimatize and do some of the lowbie dungeons, anyone is welcome.

Edit- New and returning players interested in an active low-mid level LS can speak to Sanlord Maelon ingame about the LS Mog House.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 03:03:35 AM by Tenchi-no-Ryu » Logged
Tsi Aileron

113308759 TsiAileron@hotmail.com Tsi+Aileron TsiAileron
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2011, 12:36:02 PM »

I've been wanting to try the game again since all of the changes. I patched it up and logged in...I was just kind of lost and confused.

I might take you up on the offer if I have some free time Sunday. :)

ShiningHero

Lawlerabs

lightbreakerec@hotmail.com Blazeddc
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2011, 01:33:20 PM »

One of my HNMLS mates helps run a new player LS called Moghouse. I can ask him about it for you. What level jobs do you have?

My character information:

Character Name: BlueBlaze

Disciples of War
Sword 10
Axe 18
Hand to Hand 6
Polearm 5

Disciples of Magic
Conjury 6
Thaumaturgy 8

Disciples of the Hand
Alchemy 4
Smithing 9
Clothcraft 1

Disciples of the Land
Mining 9
Botany 2

http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/rc/character/status?cicuid=1737931

For folks interested in checking the game out again. It would seem that Pleveling in party is now entirely possible and encouraged. If anyone is interested in a leg up, I'll be online Sunday evening helping some returning friends acclimatize and do some of the lowbie dungeons, anyone is welcome.

Edit- New and returning players interested in an active low-mid level LS can speak to Sanlord Maelon ingame about the LS Mog House.

That sounds great. I should definitely be around this Sunday.

« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 01:35:44 PM by ShiningHero » Logged

Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2011, 04:29:02 PM »

That Ifrit model looks pretty cool, thanks for the pics.

Played for about 5 minutes to check out some of the changes they made. Dunno when they did it, but they made sheathe/unsheathing your weapon not make your character stop dead in his tracks. Thank god- that was possibly the most irritating thing about combat. I'm guessing the slow pace of battle is mostly due to the game being designed for a controller.

Guess I'll poke around a little more once I find some time.
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2011, 10:30:52 AM »

I dunno, there's alot more input lag with the controller as opposed to the keyboard, which seems to be virtually lagless. Its taking me some time to get used to it. My thoughts are that its slow on purpose so they can introduce haste and multi-hit weaponry at some point. You can now cast spells and use abilities without having to be in active mode too.
Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2011, 10:58:22 AM »

If this were still free to play, today would have been the day.  Ah well.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 11:03:24 AM by Fei » Logged

If you re-spec your elduhz and own a Vita - http://twitter.com/BSNursery
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2011, 11:56:03 AM »

Huh? As far as I know the game's still f2p, with no date in sight of when they'll implement a fee.

At this point I'm not sure if going back to a monthly fee is even feasible...it'd be an anomaly for sure- there's lots and lots of MMOs that go from p2p to f2p, but going the other way is slashing yourself to bleed players.

I dunno, there's alot more input lag with the controller as opposed to the keyboard, which seems to be virtually lagless.

At this point it feels a lot like any other MMO battle system, yeah. I'm under the impression the slow pace of battle has to do with how slow it is to have to scroll to each individual move to use them instead of simply pressing a number key.
Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2011, 12:07:28 PM »

The FFXIV site says it's $12.99/mo ... now I'm curious...

Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2011, 12:14:58 PM »

Officially it's still that much, but they still consider the game under the "free trial period"...so it's more like that the game has a monthly fee, but it's still in it's trial period...uh, something like that.

So the game's f2p at the moment, they just reserve the right at any moment to start charging you, but since they use a crappy convoluted points system for it by default, thankfully it will probably just cancel your account the second they begin charging, rather than not warning you and just start pulling money out of a card you tag onto the account.
Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2011, 12:20:22 PM »

I see.  How far will a buddy code get me, if I manage to obtain one?  It's either that, or buy the game right...

I'm trying not to invest too heavily because it might run poorly.  The collectors edition is only $20 at Gamestop, but I've already spent my random/fun money for this pay period.

Demon_Princess_Kay
Banninated

AnarchKay
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2011, 03:31:01 PM »

20 bucks. I might just get this. Regardless of how it is im sure ill get 20 bucks worth of playtime out of it.

Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2011, 08:46:14 PM »

Yup, the game is still in it's free to play mode. A buddy code will get you into the game, and keep you there till they start charging, which probably won't be anytime soon lol.
Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2011, 09:52:15 PM »

Well, I finally bought this game (apparently Gamestop realized that the game is getting better, and jacked the price of the CE to $29.99 from $19.99.... still a fair deal).

I'm really liking the amount of story so far.  I grinded sheep til level 7 just because it was fast and easy... there was no real reason to do it, which is why I liked doing it.

Is Trabia still a popular server?  One of my buddies created a character on Bodhum on a whim, but I'm not sure if he's gonna play for long, so I may try to move to Trabia (I definitely don't wanna buy a 2nd character).

Square-Enix said early December is when the subscription fee will kick in, so we'll see... I know I had to pick a subscription schedule when I registered...

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: