Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 22, 2014, 04:05:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
337927 Posts in 13834 Topics by 2212 Members
Latest Member: WhiteWishes
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Fallout 3 (not new vegas!)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Fallout 3 (not new vegas!)  (Read 576 times)
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« on: November 20, 2010, 12:32:58 PM »

Since RPGs are the best games to go back to years after they come out I didn't think starting a new thread for a question would be a biggie.

I couldn't get into this game for some reason the 1st time I played it. I think it's because I made a shitty character and set off in the wrong direction and ran out of ammo and shit.

I'm well into the game now and have the ability for power armor, but I hate the -2 hit to my agility.

Anyone have a good tip for a good armor to get?

Also, one of my achievements didn't unlock and I'm uber-pissed
Lazlowe1984
Restricted Members

Centurion

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2010, 02:09:41 PM »

I recommend the Chinese Stealth Armor found on the Operation Anchorage DLC.

Also I recommend waiting for the brotherhood outcasts to die in one of their routine patrols.Then pick up the armor left over and fix it up with any repairmen in the region.

Finally I recommend you find the Alien blaster just in case you come across any difficult enemies

D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2010, 02:30:08 PM »

The power armor you get from Operation Anchorage doesn't have the agility hit, but I think the only stat boost it gives is some radiation resistance.  That doesn't really matter though, because it still has a high defense and it's practically indestructible.  The only drawback is that you have to go through that shitty DLC to get it. :P

There are other power armor variants out there.  The tesla armor, that suit that shoots you full of Med-X when you need it, etc.  If you want power armor, there are a good many options for you.  They're not all easy to find, mind you, but they exist. :P

Personally, I only use power armor if I'm doing close combat.  If I'm using small guns or energy weapons, I go with the ranger armor you get from helping Reilly.  The defense isn't far off from power armor and you don't get the agility hit.

PotRoast

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2010, 12:25:59 AM »

Kudos for going back.

I kept thinking while I was playing the game how exciting it would be to go back and make a new style of character to play through the game again. But every time I start a new save it only takes 45 minutes for me to be bored out of my mind. I really have no idea how I got so into it in the first place.
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2010, 01:36:06 AM »

If I get any DLC type shit it'll be the dvd that has broken steel and point something or other. I need the level cap boost and that set can be gotten for cheap as hell on amazon.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: