Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 22, 2014, 11:26:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341260 Posts in 13945 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  were you a good RPGfan this year? Xmas wishlist.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Print
Author Topic: were you a good RPGfan this year? Xmas wishlist.  (Read 5412 times)
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« on: November 21, 2010, 06:39:03 PM »

+1 asked me what I want for xmas.

I'm giving her a list of old rpgs:

Nocturne
DDS 2
Persona 3
Devil Summoner 1

As you can see I want to join the SMT party.

And before you accuse me of being a greedy fuck I said get one of those.

I might as for something different because I sort of need a break from the tried and true turn based flair.

So either dead space 1, dark cloud 2, or odin sphere.

What are you hoping for?
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2010, 12:00:18 AM »

Still debating but likely

Vanquish
Majin & The Forsaken Kingdom
Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition

Debating between
Golden Eye
Golden Sun

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2010, 12:11:06 AM »

were you a good RPGfan this year?

Fuck no I'm a douchebag.

That being said, I'll probably just try and get some plants for Christmas.

Honestly getting stuff for Christmas isn't really that thrilling anymore and I'd rather GIVE someone a gift except it's becoming increasingly apparent that I have no meaningful personal connections.

Humdinger.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2010, 12:17:02 AM »

I want 999. I think it looks awesome.

I also uh, want a DS since I used to borrow my mom's. For months at a time... Yeah, I've never had my own, and my mom got one before I did. Sad, no?

Oh and the new Mario All-Stars.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
TiamatNM

tiagol@live.com CursedTiamat
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2010, 12:19:16 AM »

I want Golden Sun DD and Devil Survivor (tho that came out last year).  I prettymuch bought everything else I wanted that came out this fall.

Now I just need to buy my brother a copy of Kirby's Epic Yarn for Christmas so I can play it on his Wii!!!
CastNuri
AMG A GIRL

There are no coincidences.

CastNuri
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2010, 12:26:21 AM »

Honestly getting stuff for Christmas isn't really that thrilling anymore and I'd rather GIVE someone a gift except it's becoming increasingly apparent that I have no meaningful personal connections.

Not sure if you're serious but if you're in the giving mood, there are more than enough charities out there who accept extra volunteers over Christmas. >_>

Don't celebrate the gift-giving season so I'll be getting no pressies! Might buy myself something at the sales, though. Like clothes. I'm wearing mine down to the thread and it's only going to get colder from here on out.

"It is a silly game where nobody wins. " ~ Thomas Fuller ~

http://castnuri.tumblr.com
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2010, 12:33:38 AM »

Might buy myself something at the sales, though. Like clothes. I'm wearing mine down to the thread and it's only going to get colder from here on out.

I love after-Christmas sales, only thing is you have to deal with crowds to get the best deals. Clothes, games, whatever. Our bookstore usually has a humongous sale and I stock up on Boxing Day.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Smiley Abuser

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2010, 01:39:18 AM »

I've been a very good RPGfan ^_____^

Me and my +1 are skint because we are moving back to Scotland (me on December 2nd, him on January 3rd) so we wont be getting each other presents and we have basically told everyone to help us pay our deposit on our new flat for Christmas :P

That being said I'm STILL probably going to be spending time looking at all the shit in the shops leading up to Christmas because Glasgow at Christmas time is INSANE.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2010, 02:21:30 AM »

I'm a good RPGfan.

Send me some fucking scotch.

Lagavulin plz
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2010, 05:30:15 AM »

I might put a few games on my list, but I think I'll stick to things I want for my new home.

I'm going to buy an Xbox game for my brother, through. Probably Fallout 3. His favourite Xbox games are Mass Effect 1, Mass Effect 2, Bioshock and Bioshock 2 and those are pretty much all he plays now that I've moved out and took my Xbox games with me. He needs something new. If I can't find a copy of Fallout 3 within my budget, I might get him Borderlands instead. Good choice? Am I a good RPGfan/sister?
Vanguard

I am America, and I hate JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2010, 08:56:27 AM »

My girlfriend and I usually limit each other to one gift, so I'm not sure it will be a video game. So far, I'm thinking it might be the Collected Poems of John Ashbery for my Christmas list. I'll have to poke around the internet to see if there's a game I would like to have.

Kaitlyn wants an iPod Nano, after she saw how fucking sweet they are. I'll probably get her that.

Thoren: Astronomers fucking love stars and shit. Whitman was a bitch.
Hidoshi: Walt Whitman could beat you with both dicks tied behind his back.
Perley
Gunslinger Extraordinare

You feelin' lucky, punk

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2010, 09:39:06 AM »

I have to concur with Mesh; I love to give but really don't have much preference in receiving.

Since I'm not a Christian, Christmas is basically a consumer holiday for me. It has no deeper meaning and this whole concept of giving and being together is something we should all be doing all year round and not just use this time of year as an excuse to do so or more of it. Thus I have no real affiliation with this time of year. It's just another day to me, much to the dismay of my family.
MindCandy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2010, 09:47:29 AM »

Nier and Batman

Can someone direct me to a thread with good Wii Rpgs? I have 2 games for that system and would like to add to the collection a bit.

Currently playing:
Xbox 360 - NIER
Wii - Metroid Prime 2: Echos (trilogy version)
PSP - Disgaea
DS - SMT: Devil Survivor
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2010, 10:46:29 AM »

I might put a few games on my list, but I think I'll stick to things I want for my new home.

I'm going to buy an Xbox game for my brother, through. Probably Fallout 3. His favourite Xbox games are Mass Effect 1, Mass Effect 2, Bioshock and Bioshock 2 and those are pretty much all he plays now that I've moved out and took my Xbox games with me. He needs something new. If I can't find a copy of Fallout 3 within my budget, I might get him Borderlands instead. Good choice? Am I a good RPGfan/sister?

Fallout 3 can be got for cheap my friend.

http://www.amazon.com/Fallout-3-Game-Year-Xbox-360/dp/B001REZLY8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1290440683&sr=8-1

I too like giving gifts. But i'm not going to be getting any rpg-ish gifts for people

Vanguard

I am America, and I hate JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2010, 05:13:19 PM »

Though, since we're on the topic, my RPG wishlist is as follows:

Chrono Trigger
Dragon Quest IV
The World Ends With You

Thoren: Astronomers fucking love stars and shit. Whitman was a bitch.
Hidoshi: Walt Whitman could beat you with both dicks tied behind his back.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: