Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2014, 01:03:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319176 Posts in 13033 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  There's no MMO like your first.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: There's no MMO like your first.  (Read 4999 times)
Masamune

XzMaSaMuNezX
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2010, 09:54:06 PM »

I realized that my I had played another MMO before SWG..

Graal Online. Haha, it was originally called Zelda Online, it's a total ripoff of the Zelda: Link to the Past turned into a MMO. I was in elementary school playing it and I would wait like 10 minutes for my 56k modem to connect to the servers.

Graal Online.  Suddenly everything about you is perfectly clear to me.  :]  I played Graal for years, I was an FAQ and eventually the Game Coordinator Admin.  It wasn't even a game, so much as an online chat room in a Zelda-esque world.  What a waste of time, except for this really hot chick I met on there.

My first true MMO was EQ, but I got bored after 2 hours and quit.  So I'll say FFXI.  Best time I've had playing an MMO, largely in part because of the RPGFan Linkshell.  As almost everybody has said, I don't think I can ever duplicate the feeling I had when playing the game.  I still remember the intro music as the camera panned over Valkurm Dunes.  Good times.

The Daltony
Ask me about Shining Force III

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2010, 11:53:29 PM »

Runescape.

I played this game for so long when I was in middle school. Doing runs out into the Wilderness with friends I knew in school. Dueling people in the arena for kicks. There was so much fun stuff to do when I started and having never played an MMO before, it was magical. Just running off and finding new areas, only to run for my life from stuff that would stomp me down was some of the most fun I've had with a game.

Looking back on it, it probably wasn't the best game ever. But damn was it fun when I was a kid.

Reives

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2010, 05:48:38 PM »

I think it was something called Tibia. Looking back, I think social dynamics were actually a big part of the hook for that game; you could PK anywhere without any restrictions back then, and when you die you lose all your items and 10% of total life time experience pts. There were a lot of hardcore wars, and I think I've even seen some nasty server-wide wars that were like Americans vs. Brazilians (literally); tense stuff. 

Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

a+dark+eclipse
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2010, 06:35:28 PM »

I've yet to play an MMO. Mostly because my PC is for shite, also I'm afraid of being sucked in.

My cousin is one of those people that works works and commutes for about 10hours or so a day and plays WoW for 7 or so each day.

Danku

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2010, 03:35:27 PM »

Dark Ages of Medenia! I believe RPGfan gave it like a 30% and the reviewer had a seizure after playing it, but it was my first MMO and I played it off and on for like 4years. The pvp in that game was excellent, because it was purely player skill based, (instant skills and mostly spells) kind of like League of Legends. I wouldn't call it a great game or anything, but it was fun and I made like 5000$ selling gold and items in the whole time I played it. For a kid only in the 7th grade when I started, that helped =).
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2010, 10:16:34 PM »

Phantasy Star Universe was my First, at least the first that I got into. My real first was either Runescape or Furcadia, neither of which suited my tastes at all. I liked it a lot when I first played it, but I never spent that many hours on it since I got yelled at for playing it into the wee hours of the night.=P I prefer Phantasy Star Online and Final Fantasy XI now, and spent a lot of my free time on them way back when.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Danku

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2010, 01:58:41 AM »

I easily put 300 hours into Phantasy Star Online on the Dreamcast. Great game. PSU didn't really hook me in, so I only played it like 5hours. Hopefully the third installment is going to be awesome and bring it back to the roots a bit.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: