Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 16, 2014, 01:43:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331370 Posts in 13571 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  RPGs this gaming generation_I went with a PSP!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: RPGs this gaming generation_I went with a PSP!  (Read 3686 times)
Anime & RPGl and

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2010, 11:23:26 AM »

I started playing the first Star Ocean on the PSP and I must say I think it looks amazing...graphics are great. Combat is cool, overall exploration is fun. The only downfall is text that comes up in boxes is far too small. Is there any way to enlarge? Also, the psp is so loud when it reads the discs which seems quite frequently. What is up with that?
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2010, 12:30:04 PM »

Also, the psp is so loud when it reads the discs which seems quite frequently. What is up with that?

Welcome to PSP ownership.

If it really bothers you, get a big memory stick and buy stuff off the PSN.

Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2010, 12:30:59 PM »

Also, the psp is so loud when it reads the discs which seems quite frequently. What is up with that?

It's the failure that is UMD. I suggest headphones, the PSP's speakers suck anyways.

EDIT: PSN works too, but not all games are on there.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2010, 01:10:22 PM »

I don't think it's that bad (the noise).
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2010, 01:39:38 PM »

Me too, but I still adore my headphones.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2010, 01:44:12 PM »

Some games are worse about it than others too, I normally use headphones and Ys VI STILL got to me, while Ys Seven and Oath were pretty good in spite of the fact they constantly stream data.
Anime & RPGl and

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2010, 09:46:20 AM »

Anyone been playing or have played Knights in the Nightmare? Can't really tell if this is a good one to pick up. Thoughts?
Banestar

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2010, 09:53:19 AM »

Check out the RPGFan Random Encounter Podcast Episode 13 OR check out our reviews: http://www.rpgfan.com/reviews/Knights_in_the_Nightmare/index.html http://www.rpgfan.com/reviews/Knights_in_the_Nightmare_PSP/index.html.
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2010, 08:40:03 PM »

I got Knights in the Nightmare but one thing keeping me away from it so far is the tutorials. They are so long and complex.
You know when you're in that moment you want something a little less innovating ? But I'll get to it.

dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: December 10, 2010, 08:01:11 AM »

Looks like in the end you wasted everyone's time lol.
Anime & RPGl and

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: December 10, 2010, 10:31:48 AM »

Looks like in the end you wasted everyone's time lol.

Not really at all. I really like the PSP, BUT have found that I like tv console machines better. Plus, not sure what it is but after having a DS lite and now a PSP I have to say that the DS seems like a better quality machine. The PSP kinda feels cheap. Don't get me wrong I think the technology behind the machine is great. However, the could or should have done something to silence the sound coming from the UMD reader. Far too noisy. I more than likely will keep the machine...there are several games I'm enjoying on it, just not as much as say my old PS2.
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: December 10, 2010, 11:35:29 AM »

You made a thread in The Bazaar that you're going to sell your PSP. That's all the argument I need.
TiamatNM

tiagol@live.com CursedTiamat
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: December 10, 2010, 11:51:12 AM »

You made a thread in The Bazaar that you're going to sell your PSP. That's all the argument I need.

LOL you're right

Farron:  I'd encourage you to keep at it.  The tutorials are really long and I could see it turning people away, but there's never been a game like that so some kind of long tutorial is going to be needed.  Maybe they should have put in a cliffnotes version >_>  I could help if you got questions but would be better in another topic or something
« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 11:55:49 AM by TiamatNM » Logged
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: December 10, 2010, 03:05:28 PM »

Not really at all. I really like the PSP, BUT have found that I like tv console machines better.

The PSP can do TV out, you know.

Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: December 10, 2010, 08:52:56 PM »

I got Knights in the Nightmare but one thing keeping me away from it so far is the tutorials. They are so long and complex.
You know when you're in that moment you want something a little less innovating ? But I'll get to it.

The tutorials are confusing and they turned me off at the onset as well, but once I got into the main missions, it was a lot more fun. But trust me, you'll want to review the tutorials if you want to do well. Just try to keep at it, IMO, it's worth it.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: