Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2014, 12:13:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319247 Posts in 13035 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy: Case Zero - The Heroes of Zardoz Marathon
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy: Case Zero - The Heroes of Zardoz Marathon  (Read 4284 times)
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2010, 11:58:22 PM »

Oh, this is the thread for the Marathon. I thought it was another Fan game.@_@ Count me in! I can start in...well, now, I'm already playing through the first, though I'd need to put the Wii in my room again.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2010, 07:27:51 AM »

I barely have enough time to finish one RPG. There's no way in hell I could finish 12 or more.

The only ones I'm interested in replaying are VI,VII and IX. I still need to play XII.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2010, 07:36:34 AM »

I barely have enough time to finish one RPG. There's no way in hell I could finish 12 or more.

The only ones I'm interested in replaying are VI,VII and IX. I still need to play XII.

To be fair, he is only talking about 1-6

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2010, 07:55:31 AM »

Nobody remembers that Final Fantasy V has a "sequel", right? Legends of the Crystals, the animu.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2010, 08:11:34 AM »

Nobody remembers that Final Fantasy V has a "sequel", right? Legends of the Crystals, the animu.

Be odd to add that to the assignment of "complete RPGs 1 through 6...and anime" haha

And to watch it...meh.  A weird ass attempt to animate the game...  And one word: assplosion.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2010, 09:41:21 AM »

To be fair, he is only talking about 1-6

That's more reasonable since those aren't as long if you just go for a straight shot to the end. I wish the only copies of FFVI weren't for SNES and GBA. I know there's the PSX version, but let's be honest, the load times for menus and in battle for that version aren't the best.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Vanguard

I am America, and I hate JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2010, 10:28:54 AM »

Yeah and even used copies of FFVI for the GBA are a little pricey. I might try to track it down as the only version I played was on the PSOne and I remember the load times really ruining the experience for me.

Right now I'm still playing DQIX and I think I'm right at the end. However, I still all this extra shit to do, like max out some vocations, go crazy making alchemical stuff, and exploring some grottos.

Thoren: Astronomers fucking love stars and shit. Whitman was a bitch.
Hidoshi: Walt Whitman could beat you with both dicks tied behind his back.
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

a+dark+eclipse
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2010, 10:52:37 AM »

I'm only doing I-6

Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2010, 10:54:57 AM »

I'm only doing I-6

I can get I and II on my iPhone???  I sold the DS 3 off when I got fed up of dying at a boss and never being able to save.  IV got really hard later on.  ANd I technically have V and VI in the bag.  I'm a quarter in already!

Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

a+dark+eclipse
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2010, 11:02:58 AM »

Yeah and even used copies of FFVI for the GBA are a little pricey. I might try to track it down as the only version I played was on the PSOne and I remember the load times really ruining the experience for me.

Right now I'm still playing DQIX and I think I'm right at the end. However, I still all this extra shit to do, like max out some vocations, go crazy making alchemical stuff, and exploring some grottos.

Woah nice tip on the load times.

How bad can that be though? I mean I pretty much have to get that anthology for V anyway, right?

Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2010, 12:04:28 PM »

When you guys get to Rydia's scenario in FFIV: After Years, I'll join in.  I have a feeling you aren't going to though.

*smashes monitor*

If you re-spec your elduhz and own a Vita - http://twitter.com/BSNursery
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2010, 01:33:03 PM »

Woah nice tip on the load times.

How bad can that be though? I mean I pretty much have to get that anthology for V anyway, right?

For 16 bit graphics?  They're ridiculously long.  Loading an SNES system should be peanuts for a properly emulated game, and especially since it was on a console up in the generation chain.  Worst of all, is the original SNES "loaded" in no time at all anyways.

You can definitely lose heart with that.  It got pretty bad cumulatively. 
FF8/Chrono Cross was a pretty bad offenders for that as well when it came to battle loading (they swamp you with pretty pans of the battle field, then smooth transitions, etc.)

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2010, 01:36:05 PM »

FF9 was pretty bad for load times as well, when a random encounter started you would be watching a black screen for 2-3 seconds with the music playing in the background, then it would pan the battlefield, then the characters would appear.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
hell_snake

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2010, 02:32:04 PM »

FF9 was pretty bad for load times as well, when a random encounter started you would be watching a black screen for 2-3 seconds with the music playing in the background, then it would pan the battlefield, then the characters would appear.

Yeah... it was pretty bad. That's one problem FFXII got rid of completely.

"An unanswered question is better than an unquestioned answer"
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2010, 03:14:14 PM »

Funny, I've never had much of a problem with the load times in FF8, FF9, or much of any game, for that matter.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: