Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 23, 2014, 01:34:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329493 Posts in 13500 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy: Case Zero - The Heroes of Zardoz Marathon
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy: Case Zero - The Heroes of Zardoz Marathon  (Read 4561 times)
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: January 20, 2011, 12:09:27 AM »

Well I played for about 45 min. Ventured too far east and got killed. The distance of about 4 paces changed the monsters I fought from hornets to vampires who dealt like 100 damage and charms.

D'oh!
Lazlowe1984
Restricted Members

Centurion

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: January 20, 2011, 01:03:59 AM »

Too much for me unfortunately.I have little time as it is for gaming and I can't squeeze out marathon at the moment

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: January 20, 2011, 03:21:11 AM »

Oooooh, hey sailor~

Yeah, I'm offically moving into my new flat on Feburary 5th, so that's when I'll finally get back to my RPGing. Oh how I miss it. I'll probs just speed through FF1 since I've fallen behind.

Haiku:

Wanderer Returns
Bastard Bird Stole My Money
Yoda, Spare Change?

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: January 20, 2011, 12:46:27 PM »

I have to say... FF2 is pretty interesting. I was surprised to see some good innovation here for a game this old.

What I like:
~Playing the PSP Anniversary edition the graphics are improved even more so than FF1 was previously. Game looks like a top notch 16bit-er. And there's enough of an improvement from FF1psp ->FF2psp to make it feel like two different games
~Learning key phrases and then asking various NPcs about them. Sure not all the NPCs have responses for all the phrases but it adds something more than running up to people and mashing a button to get through text
~DUAL WIELDING. You can dual wield weapons with seemingly little penalty. My one dude has an axe and a broadsword going and he's fucking shit up. This also helps level crap up faster
~Music: love the battle theme and I'm glad to see new tracks all around. Esp after playing some of the DQ re-releases on the DS which both seem to have the exact same music...which shares a bit of DQ8 as well
Archendrus

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: January 20, 2011, 05:24:39 PM »

Oooohhh this is the FF whose leveling system makes everyone do frowny faces.  I am making a frowny face as well because I'm forced to attack myself in order raise mah hp'z.  And mp doesn't seem to raise unless you cast spells in battle, out of battle cures don't count. 

I'm gonna keep at it though, I loves me some old school. The keyword thing is a pretty cool addition and the tunes are good =D
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: