Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 23, 2014, 11:36:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327221 Posts in 13398 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Time to unwind...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Time to unwind...  (Read 479 times)
Perley
Gunslinger Extraordinare

You feelin' lucky, punk

View Profile Email

Ignore
« on: November 26, 2010, 08:11:01 AM »

Ah yes December. One of the times when university students across North America start to hunker down and hibernate for a couple weeks prepping for exams. There are those that don't go to any classes and cram their asses off for a couple days and ace the finals and those that go to every class and pay attention (or half pay attention as I do :P) and do just as well. Either way they have something in common, they both have a need to come down off the study highs and clear their heads once in a while. So if you're in university now, what is that you do to unwind from studying so you don't go bug eyed looking at a page all day? If not, then if you were in university at some point, what did you do to unwind? Additionally for those of you with jobs/careers, what do you do to unwind after a long day of work? Anything unique or interesting perhaps?

I doubt I'm unique in that I like to have a nice drink after a long session of studying, either with friends or just Norm'ing it up in the campus pub and chat with the staff. I also like to numb the mind for a bit watching youtube or TV (Big Bang Theory for the win). Every once in a while I like to head to the cardio room at the campus gym and run on the treadmill for a half hour. Nothing like blaring the trance and getting a good workout to clear my head. Sometimes too I get so frustrated that I just feel the need to stream-of-consciousness write for a bit to get it out.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2010, 08:27:17 AM »

Oooo.  Hmm.  Typically, I just seem to study relative all day.  Drink break (likely unalcoholic) in betweem,or what TV show is on for the week I like.  Otherwise, *while* studying, I tend to take a break and just draw a bit (you should see the amount of pictures in my drawing folder done on lined paper).  I take a video game break sometimes at the end of the night, when my brain is fried and the last thing it CAN do is stay numb by playing a game haha

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Vanguard

I am America, and I hate JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2010, 10:15:03 AM »

I never had to really do any intense studying during my university days. Then again, my degree actually says, "Bachelors of the Arts in Writing and Literature." That doesn't mean I didn't spend vast swaths of time pouring over dozens of books, but I was rarely tested on anything. On average, I was reading something like 500-700 pages a week and my brain could get pretty tired. Here's a list of things I did to relax:

Go to the campus studio and rock out with some friends. All of my college friends were musicians and when we hung out we usually would end up playing music.

When it was snowing, Connor O'Neils, this local Irish pub, had $2 Irish Coffees. We spent a lot of time there.

If I got burnt out on sitting in my dorm/apartment or the library, I would hike the foothills of the Rocky Mountains and do homework on one of the peaks (last year they were a five minute walk from the apartment I lived in).

When I lived in the dorms my friends and I all got Nerf guns and we would run around the hallways and stairwells blasting each other and many a passerby. Good times.

Other than that, I would usually just walk around and listen to music.

Thoren: Astronomers fucking love stars and shit. Whitman was a bitch.
Hidoshi: Walt Whitman could beat you with both dicks tied behind his back.
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2010, 10:59:00 AM »

Oooo.  Hmm.  Typically, I just seem to study relative all day.  Drink break (likely unalcoholic) in betweem,or what TV show is on for the week I like.  Otherwise, *while* studying, I tend to take a break and just draw a bit (you should see the amount of pictures in my drawing folder done on lined paper).  I take a video game break sometimes at the end of the night, when my brain is fried and the last thing it CAN do is stay numb by playing a game haha

What do you study?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: