Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 25, 2016, 08:55:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Check out the latest RPG news!
238834 Posts in 7101 Topics by 2356 Members
Latest Member: Ninja Bear
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Recently watched Episodes of TELEVISION BOX offerings!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] Print
Author Topic: Recently watched Episodes of TELEVISION BOX offerings!  (Read 233103 times)
EmeraldSword

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1860 on: May 17, 2016, 03:58:06 PM »

Arvis, I agree. I read an interesting article surprisingly on IGN with the creator of the show Jonathan Nolan on last night's theme that you would probably like.

Code:
[url=http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/05/17/person-of-interest-producers-break-down-shaws-big-return-and-reunion-with-root]http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/05/17/person-of-interest-producers-break-down-shaws-big-return-and-reunion-with-root[/url]

Formerly OG, OrsonFury. Playing: Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright.
Arvis
Prudish Gerontophobe

Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1861 on: May 17, 2016, 05:12:52 PM »

Arvis, I agree. I read an interesting article surprisingly on IGN with the creator of the show Jonathan Nolan on last night's theme that you would probably like.

Code:
[url=http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/05/17/person-of-interest-producers-break-down-shaws-big-return-and-reunion-with-root]http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/05/17/person-of-interest-producers-break-down-shaws-big-return-and-reunion-with-root[/url]

Yeah, interesting, for sure.  Still, I think this episode is (and hopefully, will continue to be) the only POI episode I will always be critical of.  One of the comments in that article said it better than I ever could:
Code:
"Don't break your hands applauding yourselves, writers. You wrote a sex scene and a cheap "it's all a dream" twist. All featuring a relationship that was always super one sided, but hey sure lets jump in bed together post surgery..."

Current RPG - Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright
Klutz64
I Like Wacky Hats

Tactically Engaged in Espionage Action

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1862 on: May 17, 2016, 09:31:36 PM »

Re: Tonight's episode of The Flash

Though it may make me sound sadistic, I kind of like

Code:
Caitlin's PTSD

as a new element, and hope it continues to add some flavor to her character into S3.

On the other hand, the whole "All dopplegangers are a mirror image of their other selves" loophole was complete and utter bullshit that would only make any sense if there were only 2 Earths, which they've already mentioned is not the case in the show's own established lore.

My Blog - It's about gaming stuff. You can read it if you want. No pressure. I mean, there's a link there you just have to click on, but... y'know... whatever.
Current Post: Grand Re-re-r-e-re-opening!
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1863 on: May 18, 2016, 12:07:20 AM »

Re: Tonight's episode of The Flash

Though it may make me sound sadistic, I kind of like

Code:
Caitlin's PTSD

as a new element, and hope it continues to add some flavor to her character into S3.

On the other hand, the whole "All dopplegangers are a mirror image of their other selves" loophole was complete and utter bullshit that would only make any sense if there were only 2 Earths, which they've already mentioned is not the case in the show's own established lore.
Well, I will defend the logic that earth 1 and earth 2 seem to share a lot of opposing elements...so the concept that ...nah I can't even defend that. Poor writing at its finest.

TASTY!
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1864 on: May 18, 2016, 01:23:17 AM »

Castle/Agents of SHIELD: Screw it! Its close enough, I'm still gonna make that Laputa joke. Edition. [Spoilers Inbound]

Code:
Really feels like the network execs pulled an override with that final scene. Not that the final episode itself was all that good, it really needed to be another 30 minutes longer, but considering that the ending itself only works as a Thriller Novel series ending homage, it kinda just made the whole thing feel last minute. It really didn't help things that the second to last episode was a fucking exorcist/hail Satan episode.

As for Shield, while I'm kinda disappointed that they let a perfect opportunity for a Phoenix expy go by (I mean, it could still happen (fucking comic book stories)), I can settle for Maximum Magneto instead. As for the Death Flag Tag, that I got with my #2 pick (it became painfully obvious once Sky started craving the Hive again).

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
EmeraldSword

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1865 on: May 19, 2016, 12:27:18 PM »

Just found #SmoakLadies on Twitter where I can drown my sorrows for the lols of this season on Arrow. Other than Felicity and Donna Smoak drama taking up too much screen time, there were more arrows drawn in last night's episode of Arrow and Diggle on the run.

Arvis
Prudish Gerontophobe

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1866 on: May 19, 2016, 12:49:19 PM »

So, as disappointing as Person of Interest 5.04 was, 5.05 "Shotseeker" completely redeemed the show.  Awesome twists, great tension, and plot progression!  And Fusco got to be completely awesome, which I always enjoy.

EmeraldSword

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1867 on: May 24, 2016, 02:51:11 PM »

So some random GoT thoughts after last weekend's episode spoiler-free:

HOLD THE DOOR! Sir Jorah needs to get himself to a CVS stat. Littlefinger needs a new line of business, like pronto. Not dropping names here, but the Starks are long overdue for replenishing the direwolf litter. Greyjoys gonna need a bigger boat. Spider needs to beware the Lord of Light. "A girl" needs to do S-O-M-E-T-H-I-N-G, yes, anything will do. Bran needs to get to da choppa and while he's at it get some more of those mystical magic hand grenades; they'll come in handy.

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1868 on: May 24, 2016, 11:54:54 PM »

Season 2 finale of the flash...

Just...wow...like not ground breaking or emotionally painful (maybe a little), but fuck...next season is gonna be weird...

TASTY!
EmeraldSword

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1869 on: Today at 11:46:31 AM »

next season is gonna be weird...

Rumors are already circulating about some Flashpoint Paradox story arc. I don't know enough about the comics or animated movie/cartoon releases to add any input here. The season finale, I'll admit was a little underwhelming, but there were some good parts as well. I wonder what the Flash did that may have resulted in altering Arrow or Supergirl (I guess they're shared now in the multiverse?). Speaking of Supergirl, I watched the pilot episode and couldn't get beyond the cheesiness, so I may have to pass on that one.

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1870 on: Today at 12:31:06 PM »

next season is gonna be weird...

Rumors are already circulating about some Flashpoint Paradox story arc. I don't know enough about the comics or animated movie/cartoon releases to add any input here. The season finale, I'll admit was a little underwhelming, but there were some good parts as well. I wonder what the Flash did that may have resulted in altering Arrow or Supergirl (I guess they're shared now in the multiverse?). Speaking of Supergirl, I watched the pilot episode and couldn't get beyond the cheesiness, so I may have to pass on that one.
Supergirl improves a lot later in the season, but getting there is a chore.

If it is gonna be ala flashpoint paradox, Supergirl wouldn't be impacted at all, and arrow would only be affected if they decided to follow things in Flash's newly modified world, assuming they don't intend to make it permanent.

TASTY!
Arvis
Prudish Gerontophobe

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1871 on: Today at 02:28:22 PM »

Latest episodes of Person of Interest are really building to something amazing.  Enjoying the usual level of compelling storytelling, but with a brisker pace.

Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: