Author Topic: Anime/Manga Journal  (Read 586537 times)

Rook

• View Profile
Re: Anime/Manga Journal
« Reply #4065 on: Yesterday at 02:56:41 PM »

Watched? Very little. I tried the manga long ago and it wasn't really my thing.

I tried the magna too but really couldn't get into it. The anime is a lot better. Also the 1st season isn't unwatchable, its just OK (the episodes are actually better re-watched then initally watched because you know the characters), but there are some characters and plot lines that don't work. However the anime does a great job throwing away what doesn't work and keeping what does.

I would give it another shot. Its by far my all time favorite anime.

Rook

• View Profile
Re: Anime/Manga Journal
« Reply #4066 on: Yesterday at 03:06:38 PM »
But, but... I like the current season! It has Yuri!!! on Ice and that show makes me extremely happy every episode! Yuri is easy to relate to and all the characters are just so much fun to watch.

Drifters is the best kind of insane. Nobunaga is leading a small army of Links to free the dwarfs, make guns and destroy Hitler's fantasy kingdom, which is just a pitstop before the fight against not!Sauron.

Flip Flappers is the other kind of best kind of insane: coton candy coloured fever dream insane.

March comes in like a lion scratches my 'artsy fartsy drama about depressed a shogi player' itch.

Izetta: The Last Witch has also been entertaining.

There's a new season of Natsume, which is always nice.

Still watching Iron-Blooded Orphans, of course.

That said, winter is probably going to be good too. New Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinju!

Of all the stuff I watched over the past 2 years Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinju was the last anime that I ever thought would get a sequel.

Fall has been pretty good in my mind. The 3 animes I was looking forward too (Yuri, Sound Eupho 2 and Haikyuu 3) have all been very good. IBO and March comes in like a lion I"m just going to wait until they are finished. Natsume, I usually just watch in bits and pieces when I feel like it.

Also gigguk's re:zero parody needs to be watched by all. i have no idea how he found no many great VAs to do these things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuyxcKsFWhI

(link has bad language if you don't like that sort of thing)
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 03:13:28 PM by Rook »