Author Topic: Recently Viewed Movies Episode 2: The Vampire Bites Back

Rook

• View Profile
Re: Recently Viewed Movies Episode 2: The Vampire Bites Back
« Reply #4905 on: Yesterday at 06:50:35 PM »

Kingsglaive is better than FFXV imo. I don't think any of the plot threads from Kingsglaive are picked up by FFXV either, so don't get your hopes up on that. I do think Kingsglaive is a great watch though even if it is connected with FFXV (which I don't care for).

The animation was extremely good for a movie I'm assuming made on a budget. I saw it in the theaters unfortunately the dubbing was bad and I had to stain my ears to hear any of the characters talk sort of the way XCX was when there was music playing. So I think I missed a lot.

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
Re: Recently Viewed Movies Episode 2: The Vampire Bites Back
« Reply #4906 on: Yesterday at 07:57:38 PM »
Like Disney needs to be hit by a 2x4 repeatedly while a choir screams

THEY. DON'T. NEED. TO. BE. EXACTLY. LIKE. THE. ANIMATED. STUFF!!

To be fair, there was a small amount of new stuff (that was more miss than hit since while I liked the added bits about Belle's parents, stuff like the Enchantress popping up outta nowhere at the end, or Mrs. Pots husband being one of the village people were just unnecessary). The new music was probably from the Theater version which was probably added to spice up the otherwise melancholy-fest that the back-half of the Animated version was, but the melancholy-fest was the reason why I liked the original version to begin with.

Also, did they get the Beast's VA to reprise his role? Because it sounded a lot like him (I ended up missing the credits to check). Olaf playing LaFool was a solid pick though, while Hermione playing Belle was okay when the music was playing, but her talking scenes sounded like she was getting ready to inform Harry or Ron about some Wizard-Fact. Also, whoever they got to play Mrs. Pots was no J.B. Fletcher.
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.