Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 23, 2014, 04:34:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331989 Posts in 13599 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  The Walking Dead
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 3075 times)
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« on: November 28, 2010, 05:32:48 PM »

I've been waiting for someone else to make a topic on this one but to my surprise no one has.  This series is easily my new favorite on the tube.  I'm enjoyng it just as much as the graphic novels for sure.  Maybe more.  It really sucks that there are only 2 or 3 episodes left in the season but at least the next one will have around 13. I find myself getting really stressed out watching it because the sense of urgency for the characters is amazing. In a time where Zombies are EVERYWHERE and it's getting very tiresome, it's nice to have a show like this bring back the fear.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2010, 10:07:30 PM »

I super duper hate the fact that I don't have cable right now. Episode 5 is airing right now and I can't watch.

Also I love this show like crazy. The pilot episode was all kinds of good.

Britton

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2010, 11:06:40 AM »

I didn't think they'd be able to make a series about Zombies that wouldn't become "same-y" after 2 or 3 eps, but they did. This is an amazing series. It's a bummer next week's episode will be the last for almost a year.
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2010, 03:50:28 PM »

^Tell me about it!  October!?  Really!?!?

Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2010, 10:44:22 PM »

Just watched last ep of this sesason. *need* more. I'm cravin' it like a zombie craves man-flesh.

Oct 2011? Fer realz? That's awful. I seriously think this will be my favorite "horror" (film TV etc) ever.

Masamune

XzMaSaMuNezX
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2010, 02:04:56 AM »

So I watched Season 1 of the show prior to reading the first complete book of comics and I have to say I don't really like the direction they are taking the show.  Maybe my opinion will change after reading the next 2 books.  Don't get me wrong, the first few episodes were great, but the last few just kind of seemed like filler.  I also read they fired all of the writers from season 1, although I don't really know why.  I know it's fairly normal to get new writers in between seasons, but to fire ALL of them?  Seems odd.

Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2011, 07:46:51 AM »

Thought I'd mention that there's a buzz going around that we may not have to wait until October for season 2.  It may start up in July.  :D
Hope it's true.

Redeemed

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2011, 08:19:00 AM »

In the meantime, I recommend checking out the British miniseries Dead Set. It's pretty short, but fun while it lasts!
Ivalice Alliance
Valendia Knights of the Peace

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2011, 03:24:43 PM »

I have The Walking Dead Season 1 Pre-ordered on Blu-Ray and it comes out in just a few weeks!!!

Currently Playing-Re-visiting Wii and Xbox 360 games (finish backlog)
Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
Sorrows Saturn

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2011, 04:38:54 AM »

I'm not the kind of person who would want the adaption to be exactly the same as the comic, but...I really did not like the changes they made to the story.

Most of the new characters were useless, a certain thing didn't happen to a certain best friend, and episode 4 was just unnecessary.

Aside from all that though, I really enjoyed it. I give it a 8/10.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 04:41:00 AM by Sorrows Saturn » Logged
Ivalice Alliance

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2011, 02:47:26 PM »

I should have it in the next day or so :)

Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
K73SK

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2011, 12:58:29 AM »

Watched it on TV and felt it was worth buying the DVD...Got the 1st season on DVD for $15 :D

Like Legaia? Check out my fan-site: http://www.legendoflegaia.net
Ivalice Alliance

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2011, 02:04:43 PM »

I need to start reading the rest of what ive missed from the comic up this point.

Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2011, 10:48:44 AM »

I read an interview by Robert Kirkman where he talks about the differences between the comics and TV show. He pretty much said he wanted it to be two stories with similarities set in the same backdrop and yet still have many differences. Either way I love them both. The comics (graphic novels) are so very well written that I am totally immersed in the characters and storyline and the TV show was, I felt, very, very well done as well. I cannot wait for season two!

Everything's Eventual
Ivalice Alliance

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2011, 12:59:13 AM »

It seems like October will be forever for us to get Season Two but yet at the same time, April is almost over and time does fly for me which is good/bad depending on what is approaching....

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: