Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2014, 04:32:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334409 Posts in 13701 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Ensuring a "true" ending in P3P
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Ensuring a "true" ending in P3P  (Read 11082 times)
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2010, 11:59:59 PM »

That and the killer is! *sniper shot*
*falls down in puddle of own blood*
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2010, 12:49:10 AM »

Persona 4 had probably the best ending....nothing bad happens!

Having your family, home, friends, familiar settings, and lover/s ripped out from under you twice within a year is nothing bad? XD Maybe my views are a bit biased due to personal experience but I see that as one of the worst things that can happen to someone.

AWMYGAHD PLZ USE SPOILER TAGS OR SOMETHING

That would be nice. If someone would bother to code this forum's posting mechanic with a little button that inserts the Spoiler coding, whatever it is. ~.~;

I'm at least trying to be vague as possible to where people who've played the games should be the only ones who understand the context.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 12:52:51 AM by ZeronHitaro » Logged
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2010, 01:08:27 AM »

It's the # button. It WAS changed to spoiler a long time ago, but that was a few board revisions back. Hopefully Mark can implant a more elegant solution in the future.
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2010, 01:09:46 AM »

Code:
Testing

Son of a...if the pop up text from highlighting it would be changed from "Insert Code" to "Insert Spoiler Tag" that would actually do just nicely I think. Less confusing.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2010, 07:11:36 AM »

Dunno if I said this before, but I remember reading that FES was made because Japanese gamers didn't like the ending of the original P3. Also, it seems that Atlus received a crapload of emails with complaints...

The ending of P3P can be changed by doing the S.Link with Shinji, right?
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2010, 11:50:23 AM »

What ultimately happens to Shinji can be changed by completing his S.Link.  It has no bearing on the actual ending of the game, from what I understand.

And I don't really think there was another way to interpret P3's ending unless you just weren't paying attention.  They're pretty clear about it, they just don't actually spell it out in words.  It's like how you have to try pretty hard to misinterpret the "blackout screens" after each of the female S.Links final scenes.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2010, 12:03:04 PM »

The last 2 hours of FES are one of the best parts of the whole game. There's a very unexpected turn of events.
You also get a flashback for each character at the end of every dungeon. I thought it was worth it. But then again, I love this game way too much so don't take my word for it.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2010, 05:42:53 PM »

Can one buy FES and just start right on "The Answer" (the FES portion) without doing the main game again?

Draak

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2010, 06:46:32 PM »

Can one buy FES and just start right on "The Answer" (the FES portion) without doing the main game again?

Yup, that's what I did.

About P3P ending: It's still the same, but you can choose a maxed SLink SEES member to be with the MC during the last scene. Too bad it's only available in NG+.
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2010, 10:54:47 PM »

What ultimately happens to Shinji can be changed by completing his S.Link.  It has no bearing on the actual ending of the game, from what I understand.

Would've appreciated a PM with further details on this.

Just reached Oct. 4th / 5th in the game and didn't have Shinjiro's SLink maxed yet (was at 7 I think...).

I know I only asked about a true ending, but a heads-up here would've been important. Everyone in the thread was like "yeah Shinjiro's fate changes based on his SLink status" but I figured I had til endgame to do something about it.

Pretty damn frustrated at this point. Don't feel like continuing what was a really great experience. sigh...

(staff is allowed to be emo now and then. don't give me a hard time over it.)

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2010, 11:07:53 PM »

Just reached Oct. 4th / 5th in the game and didn't have Shinjiro's SLink maxed yet (was at 7 I think...).

I know I only asked about a true ending, but a heads-up here would've been important. Everyone in the thread was like "yeah Shinjiro's fate changes based on his SLink status" but I figured I had til endgame to do something about it.

Pretty damn frustrated at this point. Don't feel like continuing what was a really great experience. sigh...

Completely slipped by mind, honestly. 

Same thing happened with me when I didn't recruit Glenn in Chrono Cross...

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2010, 12:04:44 AM »

What ultimately happens to Shinji can be changed by completing his S.Link.  It has no bearing on the actual ending of the game, from what I understand.

Think of it this way. You're playing the "true" game as is. Changing Shinjiro's fate is equivalent of a New Game+ path in a NIS Game. It gives you a new toy to play with on a 2nd play through while pursuing a plot that really isn't canon.

You're still in for the same experience if you were playing P3, P3 FES, or P3P Male MC route.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 12:06:28 AM by ZeronHitaro » Logged
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2010, 05:05:27 AM »

Altering Shinjiro's fate changes literally nothing about the game except for a couple lines of dialogue.  I mean, there's also the bonus of having the maxed S.Link bonuses, but in terms of storyline there's no real impact one way or the other.  In fact, NOT finishing the S.Link causes the canon storyline to occur, so you're seeing the plot as it was originally intended.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2010, 07:25:09 AM »

Yeah, don't worry about the Shinjiro thing. The change is very negligible.

Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2010, 07:45:47 PM »

I was trying to max all SLinks in one playthrough without walkthrough.

I'm in November now and I'm really close. I might just be able to pull it off. Minus Shinjiro.

But y'all are right. I've cooled down, and I will probably NG+ to finish up social links, maybe go for 100% persona compendium, etc.

And after that, I'm-a go out and buy FES.

Can't believe I ignored this game for so many years.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: