Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2014, 08:06:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332777 Posts in 13635 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  The Helper Monkey
| | |-+  Playstation 3 shit, yo.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Playstation 3 shit, yo.  (Read 1264 times)
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« on: November 28, 2010, 10:37:42 AM »

So I'm buying myself a PS3 for Christmas because I'm going to die alone because I have no friends or family.  At least, no friends or family that can afford to drop $300 on my ass, so I don't even count them.

Am I correct in assuming that the thing is just gonna show up with A/V cables and no component or HDMI or fucking VGA or anything else?  Am I also correct in assuming that the controller that comes with it is wireless?  I need to pre-invest in some more rechargeable batteries if this is the case. :P

Y'all can feel free to recommend me some games too. :P  The bundle comes with Uncharted 2 and some other shit I've already forgotten about, I already know I'm grabbing a copy of MGS4 even though I've already read about that glorious clusterfuck, and I'll probably get the new Assassin's Creed for it.  I'm mainly looking for recommendations for old shit that wasn't released on the 360.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2010, 01:23:52 PM »

Am I correct in assuming that the thing is just gonna show up with A/V cables and no component or HDMI or fucking VGA or anything else?  Am I also correct in assuming that the controller that comes with it is wireless?  I need to pre-invest in some more rechargeable batteries if this is the case. :P

Yes, and yes. However, rechargeable batteries will do you no good since the battery's built in, but it'll come with a USB cord for charging.

My top recommendation would be Demon's Souls, easily. I thought the difficulty claims were blown somewhat out of proportion (though I DID make liberal use of my guide and online resources), and it's a type of dark fantasy I don't see out of games often, certainly not those from Japan. Beyond that, I really enjoyed inFamous but opinion's somewhat mixed there.
Chronix112
Yasunori Mitsuda / Genso Suikoden fanboi

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2010, 06:37:55 PM »

Yeah, pick up Demon Souls and Valkyrie Chronicles . You can get both of those at around 20 bucks each and you can find a cheap HDMI cable on ebay for 6-10$
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2010, 08:15:00 PM »

Buy the first Uncharted, is not too expensive and is one of the best exclusives of the console.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2010, 10:11:30 PM »

If you enjoy shooters, Resistance is pretty good. Killzone 2 is decent but I really hated it.

Valkyria Chronicles is excellent but rage inducing. I can see you putting a hole through your wall if you play it - I NEVER get violent when playing games (the most I do is curse like a sailor on some), but Valkryia Chronicles incited rage so great that I smashed my heater and broke it. :(

You can't go wrong with Ratchet and Clank either. Not system sellers but fun as hell.

Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2010, 12:19:10 AM »

Probably going to buy one with the Xmas sales too.
The goal is to have one when AT3 comes out.
I just wished we'd get the better version of Vesperia for PS3. Even though I bought the 360 one, I'd buy it again.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: