Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 29, 2014, 05:10:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327684 Posts in 13414 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  xbox live can go suck it
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: xbox live can go suck it  (Read 3496 times)
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« on: November 30, 2010, 12:32:53 PM »

On the day my account expired I cancelled my service. The day after that they charge my credit card 75 dollars.

I called up the credit card and told them hellz no.

The kicker is I don't ever remember giving xbox my CC number. It's possible but I know for a fact that I bought a subscription card through amazon on a sale to sign up for gold.

I'm not even going to call microsoft, I'll let my cc company deal with that. they already changed my CC number and are sending me a new card.

I am aware they can replenish the account when it expires but i cancelled the damn thing, and even got a confirmation email.

Does anyone know if you even have to give a CC number when you start a gold account, especially if you just use a card and not sign up directly through xboxlive?

Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2010, 03:20:31 PM »

This is fucked. I never gave them my credit card at all.

Looking at my mermbership page it shows no info given for a CC and to top it off i'm still in a silver membership even though they charged me for a renewal.

FUCK
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2010, 03:33:42 PM »

Is it possible somebody else got their hands on your CC info?

John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2010, 03:38:38 PM »

$75 is also not a standard subscription value.  This may be something different than what you think it is.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2010, 03:43:01 PM »

I guess anything is possible in this day and age.

But I only buy shit online from reputable places like amazon and such. I never give out my number or do anything you shouldn't do with a CC

The description on my statement is also a pretty official looking microsoft charge, not something like "XBOXes.com Member$hip"

How the hell they got my account number is beyond me. I never bought anything directly from microsoft or on xbla. All my points and membership stuff was added through card redemptions
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2010, 03:44:23 PM »

$75 is also not a standard subscription value.  This may be something different than what you think it is.

I know they bumped it up to 59.99, I figured the difference was some bogus tax or other charge. I'm emailing them now. I don't have the patience right now for some menu-diving on the phone
Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2010, 03:47:32 PM »

Please refrain from double posting. You have an edit button, use it.
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2010, 03:20:39 AM »

Please refrain from double posting. You have an edit button, use it.

I don't. :(
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2010, 04:34:24 AM »

I wonder why.

Vanguard

I am America, and I hate JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2010, 08:04:29 AM »

I think it's because for Thoren, first thought = only thought.

Thoren: Astronomers fucking love stars and shit. Whitman was a bitch.
Hidoshi: Walt Whitman could beat you with both dicks tied behind his back.
daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2010, 09:30:40 AM »

I had a similar experience where I got a email notice from XBox live stating that they tried to charge my card but my card had expired. The next day my new card had a charge for Xbox live (the number is the same, just the expiration date is different). I never updated my info...so maybe they just guessed the new exp. date or even called the card company?
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2010, 10:32:40 AM »

It's pretty much standard practice for most phone companies, I know that.  You pay a month in advance as soon as you sign up.  The other 15 dollars or so was probably for the monthly usage up until the point of cancellation.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Masamune

XzMaSaMuNezX
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2010, 08:21:48 PM »

Protip : If you have to call Microsoft, go with any option that says you don't speak English.  This means you will get somebody who is bilingual.  Trust me, if you just say you speak English you're going to be talking to somebody from a foreign country with a nearly impossible to understand accent.  And I have no idea how you 'cancelled' your membership WITHOUT calling Microsoft.  I'm pretty sure that's not possible.  No really, even if they claim it is...IT'S NOT.

Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2010, 08:26:35 PM »

Protip : If you have to call Microsoft, go with any option that says you don't speak English.  This means you will get somebody who is bilingual.  Trust me, if you just say you speak English you're going to be talking to somebody from a foreign country with a nearly impossible to understand accent.  And I have no idea how you 'cancelled' your membership WITHOUT calling Microsoft.  I'm pretty sure that's not possible.  No really, even if they claim it is...IT'S NOT.

That's a pretty cool tip, I'll give that a shot. I kinda got lazy and didn't call but will call tomorrow. The CC company already took the charge off.

As far as cancelling... when your gold is about to expire a screen will come up on Live telling you so. Then you either have the option to renew on live or cancel. I picked cancel and got this

Dear YODA,

This mail is confirmation that your subscription to Prepaid 12M Xbox LIVE Gold has been cancelled on Thursday, November 25, 2010.

When your Gold membership expires you will become a Silver member, and as a Silver member of Xbox LIVE, you will still enjoy access to the Xbox LIVE Arcade, game demos, trailers, downloads, and your gamer profile.

If you want to reactivate your Gold subscription to take advantage of all the features that a Gold membership offers, please go to: http://www.xbox.com/extendmembership

Thank you for using Microsoft Online Services.

Xbox LIVE Team
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2010, 09:18:52 PM »

That's a pretty cool tip, I'll give that a shot. I kinda got lazy and didn't call but will call tomorrow. The CC company already took the charge off.

As far as cancelling... when your gold is about to expire a screen will come up on Live telling you so. Then you either have the option to renew on live or cancel. I picked cancel and got this

Dear YODA,

This mail is confirmation that your subscription to Prepaid 12M Xbox LIVE Gold has been cancelled on Thursday, November 25, 2010.

When your Gold membership expires you will become a Silver member, and as a Silver member of Xbox LIVE, you will still enjoy access to the Xbox LIVE Arcade, game demos, trailers, downloads, and your gamer profile.

If you want to reactivate your Gold subscription to take advantage of all the features that a Gold membership offers, please go to: http://www.xbox.com/extendmembership

Thank you for using Microsoft Online Services.

Xbox LIVE Team

Make sure you definitely call (also masa's tip is spot on).  Even if they remove the charge from your card, they may send you to collections and hurt your credit rating.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: