Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 25, 2014, 04:44:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327437 Posts in 13407 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Anyone plan on playing Cataclysm World of Warcraft?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Anyone plan on playing Cataclysm World of Warcraft?  (Read 7532 times)
Danku

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2010, 04:22:04 AM »

Anyone willing to use a Scroll of Resurrection on me? I feel like trying out WoW again, but I rather be safe than sorry and see how I feel when I'm on it. I probably will pay for a month and you get a free month in the process though. Worst case scenario, you don't get a free month and you lose nothing =D.

If anyone is interested, let me know. I don't have any plans for the weekend, so I want to try and play a bit and gauge how I feel.
Thank you!
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2010, 07:52:33 AM »

I can do that if you want one.
I'll need your email associated with your old account and your name.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 07:57:57 AM by Annubis » Logged
FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2010, 07:59:32 AM »

I can do that too. :)

Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2010, 08:24:10 AM »

*Incoming pack of seagulls addicted to WoW*
=P

EDIT: if you don't get this, go rent "Finding Nemo" RIGHT AWAY!
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 08:31:10 AM by Annubis » Logged
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2010, 01:39:18 PM »

The leveling has always been my favorite part of WoW, anyway.  Anything that shakes that shit up even a little will be a plus in my book...and that's definitely more than a little shake.

God damn it, I'm gonna have to buy this, aren't I? :P

Totally rolling Alliance though, nothing's gonna shake me from that, all my level 80 hordelings be damned.

Goddamn right you're going to buy this, but seriously, level some alliance, but fucking level your 80s! Come ON....You wanna come with me under the sea and kill some Nagas with a drive by? You wanna come save some big ass tree on a big fucking mountain?

Also, ret is kinda weird but RAD now.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
Danku

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2010, 09:30:18 PM »

Thanks guys! I'll be starting my Warlock when I get home tonight.
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2010, 10:29:50 PM »

No shit, when I read this, I went straight to Wowhead to see how paladins had changed since I last played.  I don't even recognize my favorite class anymore. :P

Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2010, 10:53:28 PM »

No shit, when I read this, I went straight to Wowhead to see how paladins had changed since I last played.  I don't even recognize my favorite class anymore. :P

The nicest thing I've heard about Paladins is that it's much easier to distinguish a good paladin from a bad paladin while playing.  They definitely got a big overhaul.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
XBL ID: Akanbe
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Twitter@AkanbeRPG
FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2010, 11:46:39 PM »

Maybe. But they still bubble and run. :P

Danku

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2010, 06:27:07 AM »

I am disappointed in WoW. I truly want to like the game every time I play, but it seems like the developers honestly don't give a crap about the player base. I'm no elitist and don't really know much about the game mechanics to complain about that aspect of the game. What I want to complain about is the lack of customization and content in the game.

This game has been out what, 6 years? Why has there been no sort of visual improvement to the original races yet? Why is there still no form of housing in the game? Why can't you name warlock pets? Why can't you change the color or at least choose the model of pets? Why are most mounts and armors simple re-colorings of old armors and mounts? Why is there such limited music in the game? No dyes? No new hairstyles? There are a million other things I can complain about..but I can't remember them all right now!

I know a lot of these things may not seem important, but this isn't a Free to play game, or a Pay to play with 300k subscribers. This is WoW, a game that easily makes over what, 1 billion dollars a year? I've had fun times with WoW and I only regret some of it, but I really don't see where my 200$-300$ dollars went. (Faction changes were like 90$ of this lol)

The way I see it, I'm just going to try my luck in the plethora of Free to Play MMO rpgs. I heard Runes of Magic is pretty solid, if not a little cash shop dependent.
FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2010, 08:08:45 AM »

Just thought I'd break some of this down to show the other perspective...

Why has there been no sort of visual improvement to the original races yet?

This one, I don't know. I'd assume it's a low priority thing. I know some of the developers have expressed interest in doing it in the future.

Why is there still no form of housing in the game?

Too impractical. Where would you git everyone's house? Or even just houses for guilds?

Why can't you name warlock pets?

This is intentional. The concept is you are just summoning and forming a contract with an already living, intelligent being. It has it's own name.

Why can't you change the color or at least choose the model of pets?

You can tame the colour you want. There are generally 2-3 per pet available.

Why are most mounts and armors simple re-colorings of old armors and mounts?

This is a fair complaint. But has gotten a LOT better with Cata and the most recent patch.

Why is there such limited music in the game?

Can't comment. I turn my down to hear in voice chat or play my own music. But I hear this is also better with Cata.

No dyes? No new hairstyles?

There are new hairstyles. But they can only be accessed from the barbershop. There is no real need for dyes. There are enough available colours.

---

But I do understand where you're coming from.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 08:13:44 AM by FlamingR1ft » Logged

Danku

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2010, 09:04:29 AM »

For having 2 80's I'm still kind of noobish, didn't even know there was a barber shop. After just browsing F2P games and their forums, none of them actually stand out in any way. It's annoying that WoW is the most stable and popular game in the market when it lacks so many features that other games do well. It does have it's moments, but I just wish after so many years and 3 expansions, they would get around to adding more features that spruce things up a bit. It's all just becoming so dull.
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2010, 09:34:26 AM »

Too impractical. Where would you git everyone's house? Or even just houses for guilds?

It's pretty funny that UO is still more advanced than the majority of other MMOs out there in certain aspects, like this one. I think with graphics taking more center stage than ever it's getting really impractical to actually have a physical house for everyone. I really want another MMO to try the UO model again though, but I know it probably won't happen.

But as far as WoW goes, I guess they could have an instanced house for each person like in games as FFXI. The big problem I have with it though, is that if you do that, it becomes unused because it's a huge hassle to get anyone to come to your house (There could be mechanics from needing to party with them to needing to specifically send invites to them, etc), which defeats the whole point.

Why is there such limited music in the game?

IIRC, WoW actually has a pretty large soundtrack. To be honest though, I've never really noticed many of the songs while playing myself. A lot of times the music is overtaken by the sounds of combat, because the music is more about the ambiance. The only song that really sticks out to me is the Lament of the Highborne variations.
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2010, 09:41:11 AM »

The leveling has always been my favorite part of WoW, anyway.  Anything that shakes that shit up even a little will be a plus in my book...and that's definitely more than a little shake.

Totally rolling Alliance though, nothing's gonna shake me from that, all my level 80 hordelings be damned.

Let me know where you are leveling Alliance and I will join you, I am interested in giving them a shot again.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2010, 10:05:04 AM »

Let me know where you are leveling Alliance and I will join you, I am interested in giving them a shot again.

I'll find us a good home. :P

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: