Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2014, 12:59:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
337994 Posts in 13836 Topics by 2212 Members
Latest Member: WhiteWishes
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Will there be a Lunar 2 on PSP?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Will there be a Lunar 2 on PSP?  (Read 4851 times)
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2010, 12:50:05 AM »

Honestly, it's not that big of a loss if we don't get it. Lunar:SSSC is the superior game and nothing about Lunar 2:EB improved upon the original in any way.

*ducks for cover*

How about better outtakes? XD I mean seriously. To this day I have never seen in any movie or game an outtake that trumps:

"I am Zophar! Master of Sh*fog horn*!"
xXMelancholiaXx

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2010, 05:08:15 AM »

Honestly, it's not that big of a loss if we don't get it. Lunar:SSSC is the superior game and nothing about Lunar 2:EB improved upon the original in any way.

*ducks for cover*

How about better outtakes? XD I mean seriously. To this day I have never seen in any movie or game an outtake that trumps:

I loved Ghaleon's voice actor.

"What a delightfully inept showing that was for the good team. With them out of the way, I now can claim the title of supreme emperor...no, it's ruler!"

Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2010, 01:13:42 PM »

I'm amazed at the hype, personally.  Like Dragon Quest, I find these titles to be too plain and based on too many archetypes to be interested in them.

The phrase, "cliched, but well done," is how I would describe Lunar: SSSC. Even though the characters are super-archtypal, they're very well done. Between the anime cut scenes and the voice acting, you really got to know them much more inimately than most other RPGs.

That and the humor sums up my reasons for enjoying Lunar: The Silver Star.

I'd also like to note that I played Lunar and FF for the first time two years ago, and I still enjoyed them.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2010, 10:13:41 PM »

*ducks for cover*

The one where Lucia's voice actress goes absolutely postal is delightful.

蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
Bill

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2010, 05:57:58 PM »

In addition to poor sales, the PSP remake got pretty bad buzz in Japan.

It's quite a contrast to the glowing praise we see out here.......I'd guess that the future of the series does lie in overseas fans.
Chronix112
Yasunori Mitsuda / Genso Suikoden fanboi

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2010, 08:48:33 PM »

In addition to poor sales, the PSP remake got pretty bad buzz in Japan.

It's quite a contrast to the glowing praise we see out here.......I'd guess that the future of the series does lie in overseas fans.
Besides the updated graphics and nice arranged ost, it really wasn't that great of a remake. The loading times were bad.  I also hated the fact they made it laughably easy,removed the world map and dramatically shrunk the town sizes.
ALUCARDfromHELLSING

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2010, 03:29:41 PM »

Besides the updated graphics and nice arranged ost, it really wasn't that great of a remake. The loading times were bad.  I also hated the fact they made it laughably easy,removed the world map and dramatically shrunk the town sizes.
They removed what...? I downloaded demo but haven't played it yet seems like I should before buying it.
I never played Lunar 2 so I'd love to buy it for psp (+ psone version is SO overpriced on eBay now), but if sales are bad why should they bother porting/releasing Lunar 2. Not like it was more popular than 1st.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2010, 03:46:09 PM »

The world map being removed really isn't a big deal when you consider the state of them in the PS1 game. Towns on the other hand, that stings a bit.
Britton

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2010, 09:33:00 PM »

I was a fan of the original Lunar and Lunar 2. Wish I still had those old Sega CD games... Anyway, I rebought the PS1 rereleases and saw that the games were rereleased on almost every system under the sun. Do these games on the other systems offer anything really new to the games?
Chronix112
Yasunori Mitsuda / Genso Suikoden fanboi

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2010, 06:42:19 AM »

They removed what...? I downloaded demo but haven't played it yet seems like I should before buying it.
I never played Lunar 2 so I'd love to buy it for psp (+ psone version is SO overpriced on eBay now), but if sales are bad why should they bother porting/releasing Lunar 2. Not like it was more popular than 1st.
The game is by no means a bad remake, just not a great one  It was just no where near as dramatic of a change as the PS1 version was. I would advise you to download  PSN  version instead of buying the umd, if you are planning to get it. I have heard that cuts down on the loading times a bit. I am impressed that Xseed kept most of the Working Design script intact, that was the number one thing I was worried about.

I was a fan of the original Lunar and Lunar 2. Wish I still had those old Sega CD games... Anyway, I rebought the PS1 rereleases and saw that the games were rereleased on almost every system under the sun. Do these games on the other systems offer anything really new to the games?

The main notable thing added to the story was a few flashback scenes . They also added a new special attack system to the game that made an already easy game a joke if you use it. The battles are so easy that they might as well made it a Visual Novel. I always hoped Game Arts would have made a real prequel to the first game and showed us why Alex idolized Dyne so much.....instead we get a billion remakes/updates.
ALUCARDfromHELLSING

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2011, 06:54:13 PM »

The game is by no means a bad remake, just not a great one  It was just no where near as dramatic of a change as the PS1 version was. I would advise you to download  PSN  version instead of buying the umd, if you are planning to get it. I have heard that cuts down on the loading times a bit. I am impressed that Xseed kept most of the Working Design script intact, that was the number one thing I was worried about.
I finally managed to play demo. I must say it looks and sounds Gorgeous. So I think I'll get it in the end (and most probably premium ed). The only thing I can complain is difficulty. Why the hell it's so easy? I remember I died like 3 times in the first dungeon when I played it on PSone 10+ years ago. Yes, I wasn't great gamer back then, but it's just way to easy. It was simply impossible to die in the first dungeon... oh well it looks gorgeous after all...

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2011, 07:54:19 PM »

It doesn't get any harder later on, sadly...slow as heck, too.

Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2011, 10:33:47 PM »

The difficulty was my main issue with the PSP version.  The graphics are beautiful, the music is beautiful - but I love Iwadare so I'm more than a bit biased, and I enjoyed the small amount of additional background story placed throughout the game.

But by "difficulty" I don't just mean battle difficulty, I mean dungeons in general.  The dungeons are more linear and it's practically impossible to get lost. Towns felt smaller, but I think that's mostly because Alex is larger in comparison.
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2011, 11:14:44 AM »

I don't know if this was posted anywhere on RPGfan, but there isn't going to be a Lunar 2 remake for the PSP.

http://www.siliconera.com/2010/12/30/no-lunar-eternal-blue-remake-on-psp-remaining-lunar-novels-coming/

"Oh, a hunter..."
Robert Boyd

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2011, 12:45:40 PM »

The load times & the easier difficulty were annoying, but the dealbreaker for me on the PSP remake was the fact that the music would stop everytime the game loaded. The great music is half the reason you play a Lunar game and that just ruined the experience for me.

I'd love to see the PS1 Lunar: EB get a PSN release, but apparently the rights to it are a big legal mess so it seems unlikely.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: