Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2014, 03:45:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
318971 Posts in 13029 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Job thread.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Print
Author Topic: Job thread.  (Read 10186 times)
PaleRobbie
Podcast Host
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 08, 2010, 01:53:11 PM »

Yup, I was working with Dr. Ralf Gothe on the 12GeV upgrade for JLab.  My thesis was focused on the magnetic field shielding for the PMTs.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2010, 01:55:06 PM by PaleRobbie » Logged
Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: December 08, 2010, 07:13:28 PM »

I design cabinets.  That doesn't mean I do interior design or anything though.  When a kitchen is ordered through the company I work for, there are always a few funky cabinets that our software can't render automagically, which is when I bust out the AutoCAD and draw each individual part, holes and grooves and all, and send it to production.

I have an associates degree, but they are paying me (and paying for me) to go take classes at the tech school so I can stay current with the software.  Also, I have to dress nice and can't fart in front of others.  HUGE pluses.

The weekend rockstars are in the toilet, practicing their lines...
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 08, 2010, 08:12:10 PM »

I WIN!  We have $0.40 wing nights!!
I could never be a vegetarian, the options on the other side are too wonderful.

I barely get smashed anymore, I only get tipsy or drink sociably.  I hate some of the idiots that come into where I work... Guaranteed a good portion of paychecks are spent where I work by regulars.
I love chicken, fish, steak, etc. I couldn't give that all up.

And yeah, I dislike getting totally drunk. Tipsy or buzzed is fine, but being smashed is quite embarrassing and the hangovers are not worth it 99.9% of the time.

Yup, I was working with Dr. Ralf Gothe on the 12GeV upgrade for JLab.  My thesis was focused on the magnetic field shielding for the PMTs.

Sweeet, giga-elctron volts. Yeah. That's all I understood. :P Oh and magnetic fields.

I'm an astrophysicist! Except not really. I'm still getting my degree sadly. Going to try and do a work term somewhere other than school though. Apparently my options are here, Vancouver, Hawaii, Chile....

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Logick

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: December 13, 2010, 08:36:29 PM »

I'm a programmer for a game company most people hate here(I don't blame them why) >.>

"If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing."
~Malcolm X
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 13, 2010, 08:46:24 PM »

Activision?

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Logick

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: December 13, 2010, 10:58:07 PM »

Activision?

I wish, then I'd possibly get a raise and you know do something interesting.

"If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing."
~Malcolm X
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 14, 2010, 12:37:34 AM »

Ha, point taken.

Squenix?

NANOMACHINES, SON.
ShadowLaguna

Rattle your goddamn head!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: December 14, 2010, 03:09:07 AM »

I'm a programmer for a game company most people hate here(I don't blame them why) >.>

EA Games?

Wii Number - 1981 9892 1002 5530
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: December 14, 2010, 04:16:09 AM »

Namco Bandai?

Logick

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: December 14, 2010, 04:29:00 AM »

I won't answer where guys, I don't want people bothering me about stuff I know nothing about, I'm just a grunt who knows nothing outside of his team.  And I'm not an official rep for the company, so I can't speak about it. 

Can we leave it at that?

~Malcolm X
ShadowLaguna

Rattle your goddamn head!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: December 14, 2010, 06:25:27 AM »

Well, if it's for a company that most of us hate, then chances are, we won't be at your doorstep with a Buster Sword threatening you to reveal the company's secrets.

......Or will we?

Wii Number - 1981 9892 1002 5530
Logick

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: January 15, 2011, 03:35:12 AM »

Today was my last day, and yeah Leyviur was right(since he knew already :P).  Don't ask me about a certain RPG brand, I know nothing, and didn't know anyone who would know anything.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 06:36:05 AM by Logick » Logged

~Malcolm X
Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: January 15, 2011, 10:52:20 AM »

Namco Bandai is an indie dev?

The weekend rockstars are in the toilet, practicing their lines...
Logick

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: January 15, 2011, 04:52:09 PM »

Namco Bandai is an indie dev?
I'm going indie.  I just had to leave my non indie job :P

~Malcolm X
Ivalice Alliance
Valendia Knights of the Peace

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: January 23, 2011, 02:57:45 PM »

I work at a rather large hospital in my city.  I've worked as a Medical Records Clerk since September of 2006.  I basically had no money before going in, I had my Mom and grandparents buy everything and my Father who was paying child support but that ended when I turned 18.  Anyways, I'm making a good amount of money now and I was scared in the beginning of 2010 because HCA (corporate assholes) were planning on changing our jobs. People hate there cheese being moved,lol!  I'm now a slave working for a heartless corporation but I really have no choice because there is nothing else to go and work for unless I move.  I would like to move to Maine or somewhere like that.  My job is very easy.  I pick up patients discharges, that includes ER visits, Outpatient Surgeries, Clinic visits, Cardiac/Respiratory,Physical/Wound Healing Therapy.  I bring all these back to my department and go through each chart and put each paper in order, tag them with barcode labels and put in a tote to send to Richmond, Va for them to scan into the computers for all doctors/transcriptionists to view.  It's easy but very boring /tedious. I've been doing this for almost two months now and I hate it,lol!  I wish I was doing what I planned on back in 8th grade which was around 2000 and that's working for Squaresoft,lol!

Currently playing: Dark Souls II (PS3)
Waiting on: Drakengard 3, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: