Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2016, 09:37:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Check out the latest RPG news!
239127 Posts in 7108 Topics by 2358 Members
Latest Member: BeardyMcBeardface
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Ys VIII
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print
Author Topic: Ys VIII  (Read 2835 times)
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: April 15, 2016, 09:51:22 PM »

[redacted-- something about Lord Monarch/Dragon Slayer I meant to post in the LoH thread]
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 01:27:29 AM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: April 16, 2016, 02:51:44 AM »

[redacted-- something about Lord Monarch/Dragon Slayer I meant to post in the LoH thread]

I was wondering if you meant the Lord Monarch series with Mon^2.

As for your original question, I wouldn't be surprised. Falcom's pretty okay with referencing their other games in their own games. Then again, the Poms feel like a Trails in the Thing, which only happened well after Lord Monarch. I do know that the fairy in Nayuta is a Pom.

Also, I too hope that Xanadu Next's upcoming Steam port (it was either Steam or Mobile, I forget which) fixes the font (it will probably get fixed either way).

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: April 16, 2016, 10:48:39 AM »

The thing with LoX, and I'm approaching this as someone who can't read Bosnian or w/e language it's in, is that all the Hanjia have this black outline around everything in them, so there's like... strange character-internal kerning because of this.

http://s1359.photobucket.com/user/ShinjuForest/media/Eiyuu%20Densetsu%20Intent/06_zps675899cb.gif.html

And then some of them just turn into blobs, like the one at the start of the middle line, and I'm sure this isn't an issue for native speakers, but I'm not so. (Also apparently this is Dragon Slayer, but the font is the same).

Anyway what I actually wanted to say about Ys story stuff is that:

- On the one hand, everything prior to Ys 6 was reasonably short so the roteness wouldn't be as problematic and I think ultimately worked well with the concision (and then Ys 2 Complete being... sort of verbose for its length was one of the things that <some verb for annoyance, idk fill in the blanks> me about that).

- I don't think the roteness was really as bad in like 3 or DoY on the grounds that 3 was the first one in the series that had ADOL GOES TO PLACE AND FINDS THINGS, and then DoY was made by Hudson so it's a little different anyway. It sounds like a 7 and Celceta, and I guess 8 now, stuck too closely to what 6 did, although I never played any of those because they're exclusives to systems that Sony hated.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 12:05:39 PM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: