Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2014, 05:29:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334830 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 36 Print
Author Topic: The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky  (Read 67632 times)
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: February 13, 2011, 01:00:30 PM »

Reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated

For a game with so much text, I wonder what the story is? There must be a lot of random exposition for the world and characters too I guess.
Chronix112
Yasunori Mitsuda / Genso Suikoden fanboi

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: February 13, 2011, 01:33:06 PM »

Reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated

For a game with so much text, I wonder what the story is? There must be a lot of random exposition for the world and characters too I guess.
Wow, that seems more like a visual novel then a rpg with that much raw text.
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: February 13, 2011, 01:45:38 PM »

What makes the series so appealing is that it's a really fleshed out world with a ton of lore.  That's also why there's so much text.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: February 19, 2011, 06:44:41 PM »

http://vgmdb.net/album/23273

A Super Arrange Version album by Falcom, yummy. :9
Anime & RPGl and

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: February 21, 2011, 08:12:09 AM »

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky looks like an awesome game, but I'm confused. I just discovered that there are 3 other Legend of Heroes games that preceded this one. The others all received rather poor reviews so my question is why is there so much anticipation for this game to be released with the recent track record of the series? I put this on my wishlist but I'm seriously wondering if I should even now consider it based off the other games which I didn't know existed. Any thoughts?
ShiningHero

Lawlerabs

lightbreakerec@hotmail.com Blazeddc
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: February 21, 2011, 09:09:54 AM »

If I remember correctly the poor reviews were mainly due to bandai namco's awful translation. I could be wrong as I have yet to take the wrapping off of all three games.

« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 09:21:31 AM by ShiningHero » Logged

TurnBasedDude
Ys Man
Rainbow Club Member

hotshot562@hotmail.com Alcazard0 emmy_sols
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: February 21, 2011, 09:12:10 AM »

All I know is this, Namco ported over the three previous games in Japan, and heavily altered the gameplay around for the worse. Later Namco/Namco Bandai USA brought over the same game, and did a very sloppy translation on top of all that, so it was quite lose-lose. Reputation of this trilogy aside, these games are ported by Falcom themselves, leaving all the original things intact, and XSeed is much more competent in localization, hence, the anticipation.

Xbox Gamertag: Gig01
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Zapper101
Chronix112

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: February 21, 2011, 09:17:03 AM »

If I remember correctly the poor reviews were mainly due to bandai namco's awful translation. I could be wrong as I have yet to take the wrapping off of all three games.
^This. It was one of the most poorly localized game series ever.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 21, 2011, 12:03:33 PM »

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky looks like an awesome game, but I'm confused. I just discovered that there are 3 other Legend of Heroes games that preceded this one. The others all received rather poor reviews so my question is why is there so much anticipation for this game to be released with the recent track record of the series? I put this on my wishlist but I'm seriously wondering if I should even now consider it based off the other games which I didn't know existed. Any thoughts?

In addition to what was already said, a lot of importers swear this is inherently better than the Gagharv trilogy. The fact it's being competently translated will just make the gulf in quality that much wider here.
Chronix112

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: February 21, 2011, 12:16:36 PM »

Some parts of the translation was embarrassingly bad. When you have to read the text, and have to rephrase it in your mind so that it makes sense then yeah.......... fuber translation.  Proofread they did not do,or it hey did, it was the most half-assed job ever.
badsanta

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: February 21, 2011, 01:19:27 PM »

Some parts of the translation was embarrassingly bad. When you have to read the text, and have to rephrase it in your mind so that it makes sense then yeah.......... fuber translation.  Proofread they did not do,or it hey did, it was the most half-assed job ever.

"I didn't have eaten a unusual today." Just a small sample folks...
insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: February 22, 2011, 05:22:18 AM »

I pre ordered it probably a week ago
Who else has it preordered?
No way I'm gonna miss out on tits (pun intended) because of it going out of stock or some shit like that.

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
badsanta

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: February 22, 2011, 08:21:51 AM »

I pre ordered it probably a week ago
Who else has it preordered?
No way I'm gonna miss out on tits (pun intended) because of it going out of stock or some shit like that.

I too, have it pre-ordered. If anyone wants it, their best bet is to pre-order, considering that it doesn't exactly have a rabid following the likes of certain other titles and companies, to say the least.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 03:13:22 PM by badsanta » Logged
supersonic
Prefers JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: February 22, 2011, 09:09:00 AM »

Pre-ordered the limited edition as soon as it was announced.
beach1

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: February 23, 2011, 01:35:51 AM »

I pre-ordered a copy of the limited edition, but it cost nothing, so there's a chance they won't get a copy since only the regular edition showed up on their computer at the time. Hopefully they get a copy. If not I'll try to pre-order one from another store.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 36 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: