Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 30, 2014, 07:05:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327766 Posts in 13420 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 36 Print
Author Topic: The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky  (Read 62861 times)
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: March 29, 2011, 07:23:33 PM »

It'd probably have been OK to recommend them anyway if the translations were more solid; I'd have probably actually played through the one I have in anticipation, but instead it seems like it'd be a pointless effort.
McMarbles

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: March 29, 2011, 09:15:59 PM »

Gamestop won't have my order in 'til Thursday. :(

McMarbles. Nice to meet y'all.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: March 29, 2011, 09:53:53 PM »

Gamestop won't have my order in 'til Thursday. :(

McMarbles. Nice to meet y'all.

Pleasure is all mine, I assure.

I'm kinda blue thinking about this series.  We won't see the 2nd installment till at least next year, and they're going to be about 4 titles ahead by then... x_X
Kinda dizzying.  It also kinda smell to not get a full story in a game, especially spaced far apart (the .hack track record is extremely admirable considering).  I wonder if poor sales will deter them from continuing the series though.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: March 29, 2011, 09:55:48 PM »

Review is up.

http://www.rpgfan.com/reviews/Legend_of_Heroes_Trails_in_the_Sky/index.html

NANOMACHINES, SON.
badsanta

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: March 29, 2011, 10:33:53 PM »

It also kinda smell to not get a full story in a game,

According to my sources, (including, but not limited at all to, the RPGFan review,) Trails manages to pull off having a mostly complete, standalone story, while also building up enough material for the next game. You won't be getting half of a game here; one part of a larger whole, yes, but you should be getting a complete enough tale in this case.
Nel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: March 29, 2011, 11:42:08 PM »

Will pick it up tomorrow. My GameStop didn't even call me about my pre-order coming in this time, which is strange because they've done it for every other game.

I've been wanting to play this game for years. So glad it's finally here.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: March 30, 2011, 12:25:33 AM »

"Alongside Estelle is her adopted brother Joshua, a calm and rational fellow who usually stops Estelle from d"

I assume there was more to that sentence...

TurnBasedDude
Ys Man
Rainbow Club Member

hotshot562@hotmail.com Alcazard0 emmy_sols
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: March 30, 2011, 12:31:21 AM »

Yeah, was my oversight and did get fixed, but got too late in the initial posting. Feel free to point and laugh. :p

Edit: And there, I see the fix.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 12:36:02 AM by TurnBasedDude » Logged

Xbox Gamertag: Gig01
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Zapper101
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: March 30, 2011, 07:51:57 AM »

Have I mentioned how excited I am to play this game? Wheee. Lucky PSP's aren't region locked. If the import store in Glasgow doesn't have it i'll have to buy it from somewhere else.

TurnBasedDude's review practically just made it a must have for me - the games drawbacks aren't something I would consider a major flaw compared to other people and it's highlights are usually my favourite things about JRPGs.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: March 30, 2011, 08:18:28 AM »

Man, this game sounds a lot like Mother 3 in some aspects. But the fact that is the first part of the trilogy almost kills all my interest to play it. There's nothing worse than a "To Be Continued..." screen before a well-executed cliffhanger with a preview to the next chapter, ugh the pain.

I really hope that the game gets good sales though.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: March 30, 2011, 08:46:40 AM »

Man, this game sounds a lot like Mother 3 in some aspects. But the fact that is the first part of the trilogy almost kills all my interest to play it. There's nothing worse than a "To Be Continued..." screen before a well-executed cliffhanger with a preview to the next chapter, ugh the pain.

I really hope that the game gets good sales though.

Badsanta there responded to my similar concern that apparently there is a nice story (*with* wrap up) in THIS title...  So, not that they're actually independent, but they allegedly do fine on their own.

I'm kinda worried about gameplay now haha
I don't want a game that's pure plot & characters.  I gotta read the full review, barely have had a chance.!!

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: March 30, 2011, 11:16:42 AM »

TurnBasedDude's review practically just made it a must have for me - the games drawbacks aren't something I would consider a major flaw compared to other people and it's highlights are usually my favourite things about JRPGs.

This is the same for me. A rich character driven narrative? Yes please! And from the sounds of it, this game is long enough that by the time I'm done with it, I'll probably want a nice break, which will make the wait time between this one and the 2nd Chapter not so bad.
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: March 30, 2011, 11:23:50 AM »

Eh, I was thinking about getting this but the whole cliffhanger thing the review mentioned kinda killed my enthusiasm for the game. Japan has way too many damn cliffhangers or open ended plot hooks in their anime; most of which never get resolved. So my bitter experiences from that are bleeding over here and making me wish nearly and dearly for more games that neatly wrap up all their plots and have a "Sequel be damned" attitude.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: March 30, 2011, 11:26:57 AM »

It's still being touted as a single complete, meaty story, plus it doesn't come off as being like some of these other games out there that seem to have cliffhangers just because they kinda wanna make a sequel someday. Or guarantee there's demand for it.
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: March 30, 2011, 11:31:12 AM »

I got that part. But the fact that there "is" a cliffhanger and one that theoretically you'd have to wait what...4-5 years to get resolved (assuming one year per title if I'm reading everything right and taking into account the Japanese storytelling tendency of dragging out a plot as long as possible)...yeah, no dice. XP Well written, well intentioned, or not; sequel hooks are not my thing right now.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 36 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: