Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2014, 09:43:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334809 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 36 Print
Author Topic: The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky  (Read 67586 times)
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: March 30, 2011, 11:32:43 AM »

Sora no Kiseki was supposed to be one (very big) game anyway. So, is not like Falcom wanted to do a trilogy from the beginning with this.
badsanta

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: March 30, 2011, 12:13:57 PM »

Sora no Kiseki was supposed to be one (very big) game anyway. So, is not like Falcom wanted to do a trilogy from the beginning with this.

Actually, it was, but the original idea wasn't nearly as humongous as it turned out to be. Falcom kept thinking of things to add to the story though, so much that they just couldn't reasonably put it all in one game. This resulted in splitting their mammoth tale into two distinct smaller- yet still very connected - ones, or the first two games of the trilogy. Yes, not all three; just the first two. The third game mainly came about because the first two games ended up being relatively popular. And with that in mind, FC and SC would make up the main story/ies of the trilogy; the 3rd is more of a giant expansion-pack, or epilogue. (But still supposed to be quite good.)

And let's not get started on Zero and Ao just yet...
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 06:38:35 PM by badsanta » Logged
insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: March 31, 2011, 12:05:28 AM »

I have a couple of questions.
This looks like an SRPG, not just a traditional one, I mean battles are fought on grids.
Or is that just for show?
AND
That backtracking thing makes me think of SO3.
So does it have a world map for getting around or areas with monsters between towns and dungeons like SO3 has?

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
beach1

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: March 31, 2011, 02:20:24 AM »

I have a couple of questions.
This looks like an SRPG, not just a traditional one, I mean battles are fought on grids.
Or is that just for show?
AND
That backtracking thing makes me think of SO3.
So does it have a world map for getting around or areas with monsters between towns and dungeons like SO3 has?

It's not an SRPG, but the battles are kind of like "SRPG-lite." You can move around on the grids like an SRPG and you have to be near enough to your enemies to attack and do certain moves, but I don't think it matters if you attack them from their back or sides and vice-versa (I'm not sure about this though).

There's no world map, it's like SO3 with areas with monsters between towns and dungeons.
Anime & RPGl and

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: March 31, 2011, 09:31:51 AM »

Has anyone been able to pick this title up and actually start playing it? I have it preordered but haven't received it as of yet. More thoughts and opinions would be great and the review here on RPGFan sounds quite promising.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: March 31, 2011, 12:04:25 PM »

I got it.  They gave the Premium Edition, so I'm walking around with the stupid Bracer Pin and all that.  Unfortunately, my brother has the PSP, so I sit and wait.  Got Valkyria Chronicles for a stupid cheap price to keep me company (tough game!  I like!).  One thing I hate about PSP, is the internet isn't much fun to use, and last time the PSP was with him for a while, a perma-scratch, a thick one, blurs that part of the screen nicely....!!!  BASTARDO.  ANd tha'ts my story...  sorry.

I may take the money I had on my pre-order for Red Dead Redemption - since the world loves it. =)

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: March 31, 2011, 01:29:41 PM »

Has anyone been able to pick this title up and actually start playing it? I have it preordered but haven't received it as of yet. More thoughts and opinions would be great and the review here on RPGFan sounds quite promising.

A bit late, but Siliconera posted their "review."  They don't give scores, though.

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/03/31/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-in-the-sky-playtest-falcom-flies-high/
fates

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: March 31, 2011, 06:31:51 PM »

Pretty excited about this, but at the same time, concerned about the future of the trilogy here.

XSEED already said they don't know what to do about the 2nd game, which due to two UMDs, can't be put to PSN (not even Falcom could do it), and they don't know what will become of UMD by the time the game is ready.

Hope they at least try a UMD release.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: March 31, 2011, 06:35:21 PM »

Actually, when I think about it I figure the chances of Trails in the Sky 2 still hitting stores are pretty good. Systems rarely just keel over dead upon the release of a successor, and we still don't know for sure when the NGP hits. If they can get it out in March at least (though it took over a year to translate this it seems...) then I imagine chances are good it'll hit shelves still. The third game's another story, but with the story more or less resolved in 2 and the fact 3 and the rest are 1 UMD I imagine we're clear there.
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: March 31, 2011, 06:43:28 PM »

I may take the money I had on my pre-order for Red Dead Redemption - since the world loves it. =)

Pre order?
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: March 31, 2011, 07:12:37 PM »

My biggest concern is: For how long is the PSP going to be relevant in the market after the NGP is released?
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: March 31, 2011, 07:25:13 PM »

Just asked XSEED if they had figured out how to release the next in the series, apparently they are still working on it.

"Still working on that part. It's a tricky one, to be sure..."

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
fates

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: March 31, 2011, 07:40:26 PM »

Actually, when I think about it I figure the chances of Trails in the Sky 2 still hitting stores are pretty good. Systems rarely just keel over dead upon the release of a successor, and we still don't know for sure when the NGP hits. If they can get it out in March at least (though it took over a year to translate this it seems...) then I imagine chances are good it'll hit shelves still. The third game's another story, but with the story more or less resolved in 2 and the fact 3 and the rest are 1 UMD I imagine we're clear there.

I agree with this. Really, the only thing that makes me uneasy is XSEED's comments themselves. It's like they don't want to entertain the possibility of a UMD-only release.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: March 31, 2011, 08:43:55 PM »

Well, the PSP is no PS2 in terms of market penetration, especially in the west (actually in Japan it's a totally different story...).  The thing is the shelf space dedicated to PSP games has already shrunk quite a bit and there isn't even a successor yet.  My local gamestop (that I barely ever visit, mind you) doesn't even have a section for new PSP games anymore.  They have used PSP games and will stock a couple of new releases but you have to ask the guy to get them from behind the counter.  Imagine what it's going to be like after the NGP releases.

Though to be frank I've never understood the technical issue with making a downloadable version of a two UMD game.

MindCandy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: March 31, 2011, 10:37:31 PM »

How much can a UMD hold anyway? It can't be that much...

Currently playing:
Xbox 360 - NIER
Wii - Metroid Prime 2: Echos (trilogy version)
PSP - Disgaea
DS - SMT: Devil Survivor
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 36 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: