Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2014, 04:10:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331801 Posts in 13585 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 36 Print
Author Topic: The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky  (Read 65880 times)
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: March 31, 2011, 10:41:20 PM »

How much can a UMD hold anyway? It can't be that much...

1.8GB. And the PSP actually has a very respectable number of units sold; it isn't the Saturn of handhelds or anything here, more like the N64 or GC (and it's outsold the SNES globally). Problem is no one's apparently buying any games for it.
fates

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: March 31, 2011, 10:44:41 PM »

PSP has Monster Hunter in Japan, it's not going anywhere over there for this year at least. Not to mention they still have some new game being announced.

Though, what the PSP has in it's favor here is that most JRPG fans, this game's target, have PSPs. They likely won't be tossing them either. It can still work.

My guess about the 2 UMD problem would be the transition. They've done it with PS1 games though, so... I dunno. Maybe UMDs have some weird thing going on about that.

EDIT -- Eusis hit a pretty big point though, PSP has an obscene piracy problem. Even then though, XSEED seems to have a pretty decent committed buyer base.
Lucca
AMG A GIRL

SUGAR PEAS!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: April 01, 2011, 12:13:59 AM »

I just played about 10 minutes of this and already I totally adore Estelle. She's a Genki girl done right.

I still can't believe I'm playing this game. I've been wanting to play this game since 2004.

MindCandy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: April 01, 2011, 12:20:15 AM »

1.8GB. And the PSP actually has a very respectable number of units sold; it isn't the Saturn of handhelds or anything here, more like the N64 or GC (and it's outsold the SNES globally). Problem is no one's apparently buying any games for it.

That's better than I thought. I would have guessed 1.5

Which means we have a portable game that's somewhere between 2 and 3 gigs.  That's pretty damn big. Is it FMV heavy? I mean the screenshots don't make it look too content heavy (data size speaking) I'm no deigner so that's speculation on my part, but it's really not too fancy looking.

I did like what I saw in the screenshot of the first game. I like the art style. I don't know if it's the colors they used or the 16/32 sized characters or what, but it's cool.

Currently playing:
Xbox 360 - NIER
Wii - Metroid Prime 2: Echos (trilogy version)
PSP - Disgaea
DS - SMT: Devil Survivor
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: April 01, 2011, 12:26:37 AM »

I'm getting a Crimson Gem Saga vibe from this, in that nothing stands out as overtly original, but everything is done well.

Would that be correct?

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: April 01, 2011, 12:29:04 AM »

That sounds more like Hexyz Force. I'm getting more a Lunar vibe from what I've seen heard, something that isn't particularly original or unique (especially by today's standards) but is likable and charming enough to win a lot of people over. Well, the ridiculously detailed setting is something Lunar doesn't have, but only Bioware's stuff seems to compare in that regard.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: April 01, 2011, 12:37:29 AM »

That sounds more like Hexyz Force. I'm getting more a Lunar vibe from what I've seen heard, something that isn't particularly original or unique (especially by today's standards) but is likable and charming enough to win a lot of people over.

That was actually what I meant, but I guess my impressions of Crimson Gem Saga are wrong.

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: April 01, 2011, 12:57:46 AM »

That sounds more like Hexyz Force. I'm getting more a Lunar vibe from what I've seen heard, something that isn't particularly original or unique (especially by today's standards) but is likable and charming enough to win a lot of people over.

That was actually what I meant, but I guess my impressions of Crimson Gem Saga are wrong.

It had to be sad.  Crimson Gem Saga had the worst ending to a game ever.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: April 01, 2011, 01:34:21 AM »

Worse than Eternal Sonata?

Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: April 01, 2011, 01:37:01 AM »

Worse than Eternal Sonata?

ES pulled random Japan-magic, and unfortunately ruined a historical character by flamboyantizing the fuck out of him (imagine lying on your death bed to dream up anime video game, I'd die happy, but not for the right reasons). Crimson Gem just ended and offered a wiener epilogue and "hopes" of some sort of sequel. 

I hate shitty endings.  ...and sad ones.

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: April 01, 2011, 01:44:54 AM »

Picked this up yesterday.

Typing this post is taking away from my playing of it, so bye bye.

TASTY!
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: April 01, 2011, 05:40:39 AM »

That's because nobody is selling them. I either have to go to the right GameStop or maybe the local outlet retailer and hope for the best for this. A lot of retailers just simply consider the system dead or have KH:BbS and a few shoveware titles and nothing else.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: April 01, 2011, 11:30:16 AM »

That's because nobody is selling them. I either have to go to the right GameStop or maybe the local outlet retailer and hope for the best for this. A lot of retailers just simply consider the system dead or have KH:BbS and a few shoveware titles and nothing else.
Retailers all got smacked for the PSP Go fiasco, selling people a system and games that didn't work for it. I know local spots really suffered for it, but major retailers just laughed it off (fuck you shitstop). I think more than anything, this is what affected the huge decline in PSP UMD sales...people not wanting to carry them.

TASTY!
Anime & RPGl and

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: April 01, 2011, 12:11:09 PM »

My local gaming store plus most department stores I frequent have little to no psp selection. Gaming store, like what has been said earlier by another, has mainly only a used selection. From a realistic standpoint I don't know if this second chapter is going to see the light of day here in the states. Don't get me wrong...I really want the rest of this trilogy to come out but with the psp vanishing more and more from stores I don't see how. I notice the difference every month I'm in the stores...less and less to choose from. If the next game is over a year out in terms of a development process then how is it possible we'll see it released? Not only that, why would XSeed tackle such a large project on a system (that at the time of this game's production) was dying and now to be just about finished and a year from now the NGP will be the system to concentrate on.

Thanks XSeed for bringing the title to us fans...please bring the rest of the trilogy.
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: April 01, 2011, 12:23:35 PM »

It'd be nice if they could release the last two together or something then - despite the pain in the ass and unrealistic-ness of the request.  But as you say, PSP's day seem quite numbered despite the few Japanese developers that are really trying and keeping it alive.  I still say it's a pretty good system, damn shame the thing was so easy to hack.

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 36 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: