Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 31, 2014, 12:27:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
335235 Posts in 13726 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 36 Print
Author Topic: The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky  (Read 68134 times)
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: April 02, 2011, 09:20:44 PM »

It would suck if we not to get the 3rd game, I want to hear "Hermit's Garden", "Determination of Fight" and "Overdosing Heavenly Bliss" in action. :(
beach1

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: April 02, 2011, 10:02:34 PM »

I started playing this, and I'm loving it!
badsanta

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: April 02, 2011, 10:07:50 PM »

So am I; so am I. ^__^
beach1

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: April 02, 2011, 10:13:37 PM »

So am I; so am I. ^__^

Seriously, the music, the graphics, the main characters, the setting/NPCs, the gameplay, the charming, lighthearted feel, etc everything is gelling together so well. I haven't felt like this about an RPG in a loong time. :)
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: April 02, 2011, 11:07:32 PM »

So trying to keep spoilers light, I'm in Chapter 2, bout midway I'd say, about to participate in a certain play for story progression. All I have to say is......Princess Cecilia.

God damned japanese disrespect for male leads.

TASTY!
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: April 03, 2011, 02:31:37 AM »

Just started chapter 3, definitely better than most of the other games I've played recently (outside a handful).It's amazingly long considering it's a PSP title, myself bordering about 25 hours now. Woulda liked some cutscenes, but it doesn't deface the game's value. Music's catchy and the fighting is simple, though a couple of fights went from being a 3 to an 8 on the difficulty scale, though still beatable. It's 1000 times better than the first three Legend of Heroes titles, which were generic trash with no real gripping story, characters or music. I'm pleased with this game. Now if you'll excuse me, more TITS for me (ahahahahahaha).

TASTY!
Commander Jubby Shepard
What do you call a kid with no arms and an eye patch? Names.

If you come back you will find me a very grave man

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: April 03, 2011, 02:45:51 AM »

I'm not quite sure if this question is within the bounds of this thread, but I've managed to convince my friend to buy Hexyz Force and TitS. Now which should I make her buy first? She really wants to get Hexyz Force because she loves Yggdra Union, but I want to convince her to buy TitS. Overall, which is a better game and why?

Sorry if my post seems a bit... garbled or something. I'm not thinking straight right now.

If it'll hold Jello, Utah will put Jello in it.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: April 03, 2011, 03:34:09 AM »

I'm not very far in TitS yet, but I would say that it's the better game.  Hexyz Force seemed pretty generic and forgettable to me.  And BTW, I really liked Yddgra Union.  Hexyz Force and Yggdra union may be from the same developer but they don't have anything to do with each other.

TitS is very dialogue-heavy, though.  It's not epic save-the-world kind of dialogue, but it is--for the most part--well-written, which is what makes it enjoyable.  It's a pretty standard RPG setup only you can have an actual short conversation with every random NPC you talk to instead of just two sentences pointing you to the next objective.  Whether you not you actually want to spend hours talking to NPCs is a matter of taste.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: April 03, 2011, 04:12:50 AM »

It's amazingly long considering it's a PSP title, myself bordering about 25 hours now.

It does help that it's a PC title that, as far as I understand, wasn't really changed beyond adding battle voices and the necessary visual downgrade. Does make me wonder about the size of Zero no Kiseki, an entry that's actually native to the PSP, but given what worked with the original trilogy it wouldn't surprise me they'd keep on making some of the biggest RPGs you'd find on a handheld.

Also: those prior three weren't the first three in the series. Hell, they weren't even the first ones localized, the very first game came here on the Turbo CD, but hearing the dub that's best ignored too. Doubt it aged very gracefully anyway.
RpgN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: April 03, 2011, 05:47:11 AM »

I'm so glad to see you guys enjoying the game. It is a lot of fun and polished all around. There is a new demo of it on the Japanese store where you can save. I played that for over 4 hours (and still not done) and just decided to stop and get the EU version for Xseed's hard work. But the EU version is still not released :(

I come in peace :)
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: April 03, 2011, 09:41:05 AM »

Hijinks with Gamestop and how they lost a customer
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: April 03, 2011, 10:13:23 AM »

It's amazingly long considering it's a PSP title, myself bordering about 25 hours now.

It does help that it's a PC title that, as far as I understand, wasn't really changed beyond adding battle voices and the necessary visual downgrade. Does make me wonder about the size of Zero no Kiseki, an entry that's actually native to the PSP, but given what worked with the original trilogy it wouldn't surprise me they'd keep on making some of the biggest RPGs you'd find on a handheld.

Also: those prior three weren't the first three in the series. Hell, they weren't even the first ones localized, the very first game came here on the Turbo CD, but hearing the dub that's best ignored too. Doubt it aged very gracefully anyway.

And that's if you only want to count the Legend of Heroes series instead of the Dragon Slayer series of which Legend of Heroes 1 is a numbered entry of (the fifth one to be exact). The fourth Dragon Slayer title Drasle Family is otherwise known as Legacy of the Wizard, a game you can find on the NES. Faxanadu is a side story of Xanadu, Xanadu being the second Dragon Slayer. And Dragon Slayer 1 is known for revolutionizing the JRPG genre in a way that wouldn't be surpassed until Dragon Quest 5 or 6 years later. There are currently at count 8 games for the series. Dragon Slayer, Xanadu, Romancia, Drasle Family, Legend of Heroes, Sorcerian, and two others I can't remember off the top of my head. Of the six games I just named, Dragon Slayer and Drasle Family are the only ones without additional games set within or aside of the main game.

The tl;dr is that its complicated.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #297 on: April 03, 2011, 02:33:15 PM »

Yeah, I'm really not going to factor in the whole Dragon Slayer umbrella, but for anyone curious just check the chart I linked to a few pages back. It is kind of interesting however that only the second LoH game was actually skipped entirely, and depending on our fortune with the next several Trails games it could well be the only one to never see release here.
insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: April 04, 2011, 04:41:30 AM »

It would suck if we not to get the 3rd game, I want to hear "Hermit's Garden", "Determination of Fight" and "Overdosing Heavenly Bliss" in action. :(

Genuine Devil
Masquerade of Lies

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: April 04, 2011, 02:36:56 PM »

I played through the TG cd game back in the day. The game was just OK, but some of the music was fantastic, and I still listen to it to this day.

I want this game, but I still need to play the Ys games first.

Playing: TWD Season 2, Alan Wake
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 36 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: