Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 21, 2014, 07:03:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341197 Posts in 13945 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 36 Print
Author Topic: The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky  (Read 70682 times)
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #360 on: July 19, 2011, 12:55:06 AM »

Anyone else have a crush on Jessica Chavez?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HD4SE4BF2q8

Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #361 on: July 30, 2011, 09:10:22 AM »

I'm going to get a psp sometime this week and get th is game. Frem the reviews I absolutely love the depth and style.

Hopefully we can get more of these, at least on the vita.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Smiley Abuser

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #362 on: July 30, 2011, 09:18:54 AM »

I'm going to get a psp sometime this week and get th is game. Frem the reviews I absolutely love the depth and style.

Hopefully we can get more of these, at least on the vita.

Personally, at the start I felt like I had my doubts about where it was going, but since I stuck with it - it has become my absolute favourite RPG on the PSP.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #363 on: July 30, 2011, 12:07:09 PM »

Yeah, the game starts out quite slow but I fell in love with it by the end.

Klyde Chroma
LVL 12. Obsessive Compulsive Fruity Assassin

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #364 on: August 05, 2011, 05:33:34 AM »

I don't know what I can say that hasn't already been said but none the less, I feel compelled to throw in my 2 cents... LoF:TitS is by far, one of the most engaging titles I've play in years.... Maybe I am just a sucker for all the classic-rpg elements... Maybe I am taken in with the fact that it brings me back to my youth playing sega cd and snes.... But in any event the fact remains, this title pulls togeather all that was awesome about RPG's 10-15 years ago and does so with grace.

I don't write reviews for things because there are plenty enough to formulate an educated idea about most games before we ever lay our grubby mits on em'. In this case however I really wanna just touch upon a few points to hammer home just how superb this title is.... To begein the gameplay is top notch in my oppinion- a classic RPG battle system with enough depth to keep you motivated while simple enough to keep you moving. The Arts and Craft systems work beautifully with a balanced difficulty to make their use necessary without ever seeming to become  cumbersome or an overtly daunting means of prepping your team for battle..... The story is one of those tales which is engaging because of the increase in scale.... that is to say, with logical motivation, our heroes go from small-time fetch quest types to shoulderring the responsability of saving a nation in a very literal sense as well as political. Best of all EVERYTHING happens logically and your never left with the distinct notion that anything unravelling is far-fetched or just too far out there to buy into (this is a big gripe I have with most current stories)..... The dialogue is fabulous as well, with natural speech exchanged with clever sprinkles of levity in just the right spots. My only complaint thus far (50 hours in) is that a few of the dialogue sequences are a bit longwinded, however they are necessary to the development of things so I find it forgivable..... The music score and soundtrack was decent enough to make the cut and onto my iphone to jog to everyday for the last month or so, nuf' said about that.... Graphically I suppose the title might prove a bit dated but that too, in light of this titles strong suits, is very easy to look past......

All in all this game has a magic to it I find remniscent of old working designs titles.... I feel almost like I did when I played the first Lunar for sega cd and had a feeling I really discoverred something magical and worth experiencing... The long and short of what I am saying is GET THIS GAME IF YOU HAVE NOT ALREADY DONE SO!! I can't imagine any fan of JRPG's being the least bit dissapointed in this one and I am pretty freakin' critical..... Well thats all I have to say.... but in truth words don't do this one justice...

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.

Aurian

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #365 on: August 05, 2011, 11:29:06 AM »

I really enjoyed this too, and it was my first Legend of Heroes game. I am really hoping that the sequel is made and comes out to N.A.

Are the older ones worth picking up or are they missing the polish, dialogue and CHARM of this one?
DPB

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #366 on: August 05, 2011, 11:39:54 AM »

I've never played them, but by the sounds of the reviews Namco ran the dialogue through an auto-translator and left it at that.
Klyde Chroma
LVL 12. Obsessive Compulsive Fruity Assassin

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #367 on: August 05, 2011, 12:37:16 PM »

I heard really bad things about the earlier titles, but after experiencing this I can't help but wonder.... I'll be tracking em down and trying them for myself when I conclude Trails in the Sky.... well that is, only if I finish before Disgaea 4 comes out..... Otherwise they may have to be stalled on my "to play" list for a month or two :)

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.

badsanta

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #368 on: August 06, 2011, 09:32:26 AM »

Yeeeeaaahh... As someone whose played the previous games... you're better off just leaving them be.
supersonic
Prefers JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #369 on: August 06, 2011, 11:11:59 AM »

I played (and finished) LOH II Prophecy of the Moonlight Witch, which is actually the first game in the trilogy, and if you can live past the simplistic gameplay and bland translation I think there's a decent chance you will have fun. The story is OK and the various characters are actually pretty endearing.
Chronix112
Yasunori Mitsuda / Genso Suikoden fanboi

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #370 on: August 06, 2011, 12:34:40 PM »

I played (and finished) LOH II Prophecy of the Moonlight Witch, which is actually the first game in the trilogy, and if you can live past the simplistic gameplay and bland translation I think there's a decent chance you will have fun. The story is OK and the various characters are actually pretty endearing.
Saying the translation it is just bland is being very, very, nice.
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #371 on: August 06, 2011, 12:48:37 PM »

Are the old translations hilarious Engrish or just lame?
Chronix112
Yasunori Mitsuda / Genso Suikoden fanboi

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #372 on: August 06, 2011, 01:07:00 PM »

like a combo of Engrish and machine translation, Its bland "my brain hurts" Engrish.
badsanta

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #373 on: August 06, 2011, 01:43:09 PM »

"I didn't have eaten a unusual today"

Does that answer your question?
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #374 on: August 06, 2011, 02:30:24 PM »

"I didn't have eaten a unusual today"

Does that answer your question?

Also solid:

"It's a treasure chest."

YES
NO

Wait, what?

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 36 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: