Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 22, 2014, 07:05:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
337983 Posts in 13836 Topics by 2212 Members
Latest Member: WhiteWishes
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 36 Print
Author Topic: The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky  (Read 69120 times)
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #405 on: September 28, 2011, 01:48:29 AM »

Necroing the thread for some good news.

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/09/27/the-legend-of-heroes-series-is-coming-to-playstation-vita-in-spring-2012/

The tl;dr is that having this ported to the PSV significantly increases our chances of seeing this localized.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #406 on: September 28, 2011, 02:03:46 AM »

It's listed as rumor on Neogaf, and using DNS on the URL didn't reveal the same IP as Falcom, so I'm going to wait and see there. If it's for real I may split it though.
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #407 on: September 28, 2011, 03:40:34 AM »

I need a better source for these things. *sigh*

Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #408 on: September 28, 2011, 03:40:45 PM »

That's pretty awesome, if true.  Zero no Kiseki is a different storyline than TiTS, right?   If so, Xseed has its work cut out for them. 

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #409 on: September 28, 2011, 04:37:53 PM »

That's pretty awesome, if true.  Zero no Kiseki is a different storyline than TiTS, right?   If so, Xseed has its work cut out for them. 

From what I've heard it's supposed to be a prequel of sorts.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #410 on: September 28, 2011, 04:57:36 PM »

It's not, some (probably mild) spoilers proved that isn't the case. Still, it's a new story entirely if not the start of a new arc (it's effectively Legend of Heroes 7 I believe) set in a place separate from the rest of the series.

Anyways, it sounds like this really is official, which is good.
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #411 on: September 28, 2011, 05:14:33 PM »

That's pretty awesome, if true.  Zero no Kiseki is a different storyline than TiTS, right?   If so, Xseed has its work cut out for them.  

It's not, some (probably mild) spoilers proved that isn't the case. Still, it's a new story entirely if not the start of a new arc (it's effectively Legend of Heroes 7 I believe) set in a place separate from the rest of the series.

Anyways, it sounds like this really is official, which is good.

News to me. I was under the impression that it took place prior to the events of Sora no Kiseki but in a different part of the world with only a few callbacks.

But then, I don't go looking up plot details for these games now that there's a chance that we could see them out here.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #412 on: September 28, 2011, 06:27:22 PM »

But then, I don't go looking up plot details for these games now that there's a chance that we could see them out here.

Checking out some of the music on Youtube did that for me instead.
badsanta

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #413 on: September 28, 2011, 08:50:42 PM »

Just an FYI for you folks; yes, Zero no Kiseki is not a prequel, but neither is it an entirely new story. From what my sources keep telling me, (as in, people who imported and played the game,) it's.. not exactly a direct sequel, but it's still very much related. Think of it as another installment in a continuing series; you have a somewhat new cast,
Code:
(oh, by the way, Estelle and Joshua are in this one too, just no longer the leads,)
 a new setting, and a new plot-focus, but it also continues a number of reoccurring plot-points from first three games. In short, while you could enjoy it on it's own, you'll get a lot more out of it you play the original Sora no Kiseki trilogy, and doing so is pretty much recommended.

ADMIN EDIT FOR REAL: Wow, messed up there.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 10:14:14 PM by badsanta » Logged
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #414 on: September 28, 2011, 08:56:03 PM »

Playing it safe there and marking that as a spoiler... much like I avoided mentioning that in my own posts.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 11:48:07 PM by Eusis » Logged
badsanta

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #415 on: September 28, 2011, 09:06:34 PM »

Just an FYI for you folks; yes, Zero no Kiseki is not a prequel, but ''neither'' is it an entirely new story. From what my sources keep telling me, (as in, people who imported and played the game,) it's.. not exactly a direct sequel, but it's still very much related. Think of it as another installment in a continuing series; you have a somewhat new cast,
Code:
(oh, by the way, Estelle and Joshua are in this one too, just no longer the leads,)
a new setting, and a new plot-focus, but it also continues number of reoccuring plot-points from first three games. In short, while you could enjoy it on it's own, you'll get a lot more out of it you play the original Sora no Kiseki trilogy, and doing so is pretty much recommended.

ADMIN EDIT: Playing it safe here and marking that as a spoiler... as I did in my own posts.

I tried to do that... but the entire rest of the post after the spoiler gets Spoilered Out as well, no matter what I do.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #416 on: September 28, 2011, 09:55:29 PM »

I tried to do that... but the entire rest of the post after the spoiler gets Spoilered Out as well, no matter what I do.

... Shit, I clicked Quote rather than Edit by mistake. Sorry about that, though just copying what I did should've been easy enough.

But, yeah, this sounds like it's PROBABLY more akin to playing each Suikoden.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #417 on: September 29, 2011, 02:02:35 AM »

It's official.

This does greatly increase the chance of seeing it localized.  Assuming the Vita doesn't flop, anyway.  Though Xseed is going to be busy with Trails in the Sky for a while...

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #418 on: September 29, 2011, 02:28:41 AM »

This does greatly increase the chance of seeing it localized.  Assuming the Vita doesn't flop, anyway.  Though Xseed is going to be busy with Trails in the Sky for a while...

Ahh, good, it's EVENT voices. Meaning they didn't go all out and possibly make it even more impractical to localize than the original was. Though there's probably still enough VA that it'd be a pain to localize if it has as much as, say, a Persona game.
beach1

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #419 on: September 29, 2011, 04:50:43 AM »

TBH I'd prefer it if the original voice acting was kept with subtitles, since I love some of the voice actors for the game judging from the trailer.

Great news. Hope we do see this series come to the US.

Edit: A Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky OAV is coming out this fall. I'd have loved if it was a whole tv series, but this is still better than nothing. I hope it's good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUYgjabz1I4
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 04:56:27 AM by beach1 » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 36 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: