Author Topic: The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky

Annubis

• ee yan~☆
    • View Profile
Re: The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky
« Reply #615 on: March 11, 2016, 08:59:09 PM »
FC and SC are actually on sale on Steam right now BTW.

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky
9.99$ USD (-50%)
http://store.steampowered.com/app/251150/

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC
20.99$ USD (-30%)
http://store.steampowered.com/app/251290/

Spoony Mage

• I aim to misbehave and to please.
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Shoot to kill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: March 11, 2016, 09:54:02 PM »

http://gematsu.com/2016/03/legend-heroes-trails-sky-3rd-coming-west-pc-2017

Fixed that for you.

This is really happening!  Yay for Xseed coming through!  :D

EDIT: Because I misread the announcement as one for Cold Steel III...
« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 09:58:28 PM by Spoony Mage »
Support Silent Protagonists!
At least SOMEONE knows when to shut up!

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: March 11, 2016, 11:05:10 PM »

http://gematsu.com/2016/03/legend-heroes-trails-sky-3rd-coming-west-pc-2017

Fixed that for you.

This is really happening!  Yay for Xseed coming through!  :D

EDIT: Because I misread the announcement as one for Cold Steel III...

Yeah. Its amazing. We might actually see Zero and Blue come out here after all.
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Kevadu

• Some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: March 11, 2016, 11:21:06 PM »
I imported Zero and Ao (Evolution versions) already because I figured they would never be localized.  Though I still haven't gotten around to actually playing them though...

It does kind of make me wonder what Xseed would do about voice acting if they did actually pick those up though.  I mean, the TitS games didn't really have it (OK there were 'battle voices' but that was it) so they didn't have much to worry about, but Zero and Ao (especially the Evolution versions) are positively loaded with it, and they seem much too niche to make reproducing that in English even remotely feasible.  But Xseed don't seem to be big fans of subtitle-only releases, plus there are going to be licensing issues with the VAs...

Lard

• View Profile
« Reply #619 on: March 11, 2016, 11:26:03 PM »
How nice of them to force me to buy the first two games over again if I want to carry my save over to the third game.

Pretty dick move.
I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.

Kevadu

• Some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: March 11, 2016, 11:40:27 PM »
Oh for the love of...

You should have noticed the ship you were on was sinking.  The signs weren't subtle.  Frankly it's a small miracle they supported a PSP game even this long.

But if you're really concerned about having clear data from the previous games, you can just download a save file from the intertubes.  Maybe it's not 'your' data but no one will ever have to know.  Clear data only unlocks a handful of things in these games anyway.  Mass Effect it ain't.

Lard

• View Profile
« Reply #621 on: March 12, 2016, 12:16:49 AM »
Then why bother to release the second one for psp but not the third?

That is just retarded.

Dice

• I'm fart and I'm smunny
  • AMG A GIRL
  • RPGFan and Dice forever...
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt site!  Come, stay, laugh, cry.
« Reply #622 on: March 12, 2016, 01:43:22 AM »

That is just retarded.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=198166397&postcount=244
First bullet from XSeed peep.
(I'm guessing the "we tried but can't, long story" is basically hand waiving for money/support for an older game).  It took about 4 years to get the second game here, they're not exactly selling super well, so I can't in good conscious be upset about this even though my FC and SC were handheld.  I'm sure there's someone willing to fight the fight, but it ain't me.
http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!

Towns Car Marty

• i'm sorry in advance
  • RPGFan's Resident Dirtbag
    • View Profile
    • MisanthroPop
« Reply #623 on: March 12, 2016, 05:43:23 AM »
I imported Zero and Ao (Evolution versions) already because I figured they would never be localized.  Though I still haven't gotten around to actually playing them though...

It does kind of make me wonder what Xseed would do about voice acting if they did actually pick those up though.  I mean, the TitS games didn't really have it (OK there were 'battle voices' but that was it) so they didn't have much to worry about, but Zero and Ao (especially the Evolution versions) are positively loaded with it, and they seem much too niche to make reproducing that in English even remotely feasible.  But Xseed don't seem to be big fans of subtitle-only releases, plus there are going to be licensing issues with the VAs...

The PC versions aren't the Evolution reduxs, so no voice acting there. Problem solved! Although I'd love to play these games in English on the go :(

That is just retarded.

I imagine Sony has something to do with this. "OK, you can release a PSP game in 2015, but 2017? I don't think so."

I'm just happy it's coming at all. Sad it's not portable, but I can live without my old-save bonus items.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 05:46:35 AM by Towns Car Marty »
how's my posting? call 1-800-pee-pee-poo-poo

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #624 on: March 12, 2016, 05:49:36 AM »
I imported Zero and Ao (Evolution versions) already because I figured they would never be localized.  Though I still haven't gotten around to actually playing them though...

It does kind of make me wonder what Xseed would do about voice acting if they did actually pick those up though.  I mean, the TitS games didn't really have it (OK there were 'battle voices' but that was it) so they didn't have much to worry about, but Zero and Ao (especially the Evolution versions) are positively loaded with it, and they seem much too niche to make reproducing that in English even remotely feasible.  But Xseed don't seem to be big fans of subtitle-only releases, plus there are going to be licensing issues with the VAs...

The PC versions aren't the Evolution reduxs, so no voice acting there. Problem solved! Although I'd love to play these games in English on the go :(

Though knowing XSeeD, they'd probably try to lobby for the voice files anyways (or at least the means to implement their own).

Towns Car Marty

• i'm sorry in advance
    • View Profile
    • MisanthroPop
« Reply #625 on: March 12, 2016, 05:52:32 AM »
What makes you say that? They didn't do that with SC, and the full-voice version of that was already out.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #626 on: March 12, 2016, 06:10:34 AM »
What makes you say that? They didn't do that with SC, and the full-voice version of that was already out.

For one, not yet playing SC. For another, they seem like they try to go above and beyond the call of duty in terms of releases, though that is not to say that they're going to do it or even try all that hard, and all of this is academic anyways due to neither Zero or Blue being on the table quite yet. And finally, while they didn't add voices to SC, that doesn't mean that they didn't add any bells or whistles to the release (granted, VA work is in an entirely different league compared to 'bells and whistles', but hey "Stay Positive! Amirite?").

Or in short, when I previously posted the word 'try', I meant it in the spirit of giving something "ye' olde college try". Chances are, yeah, there's no way in hell they'd even pull for that, especially after SC's lukewarm sales. And frankly, the fact that we're even having this line of discussion in the first place is a goddamn miracle.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 06:13:06 AM by Aeolus »

Towns Car Marty

• i'm sorry in advance
    • View Profile
    • MisanthroPop
« Reply #627 on: March 12, 2016, 08:03:26 AM »
Ahh I getcha. Well, I can live without voices :)

Lard

• View Profile
« Reply #628 on: March 12, 2016, 08:03:59 AM »

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=198166397&postcount=244
First bullet from XSeed peep.
(I'm guessing the "we tried but can't, long story" is basically hand waiving for money/support for an older game).  It took about 4 years to get the second game here, they're not exactly selling super well, so I can't in good conscious be upset about this even though my FC and SC were handheld.  I'm sure there's someone willing to fight the fight, but it ain't me.

I guess to me, it would have made more sense to say after the first one, "Sales don't support it, it isn't viable for us".

Two out of the three, just looks lame. They should have either abandoned it after the first one or done all three as a last hurrah for the Vita.

As for the bullet points, it's the same vague bullshit as every other time. If they were honest they'd stop trying to smokescreen it every time.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 08:05:48 AM by Lard »

Kevadu

• Some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: March 12, 2016, 02:14:56 PM »

Actually, no it wasn't.  SC Evolution didn't come out until December 10, 2015 in Japan.  English release was October 29.

And I believe even the non-Evolution versions of Zero and Ao still had voice acting.  Just not as much.

As for the bullet points, it's the same vague bullshit as every other time. If they were honest they'd stop trying to smokescreen it every time.

Your bizarre inability to accept reality does not mean that Xseed is being dishonest.  Frankly they've been extremely upfront about this stuff from the start.

And don't try to pretend you wouldn't be bitching and moaning if they didn't release SC on PSP.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 02:18:23 PM by Kevadu »