Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 02, 2014, 03:23:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330170 Posts in 13528 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 21 Print
Author Topic: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception  (Read 27453 times)
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2010, 10:50:28 PM »

Stunning Uncharted-3 in-game footage

Here we go...
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2010, 11:33:25 PM »

I liked Uncharted 2, (I got the Platinum trophy for the game) but it had a whole host of problems.

-The controls are floaty. Nathan often ducks into the wrong cover, or never stays completely behind it. A lot of the time when you're trying to walk a certain direction, Nathan does this weird spinning thing where he runs in a small circle to do a 180 so you can go in that direction, instead of stopping, with some residual momentum, and then running the other dimension. It was really annoying.

-The AI is stupid and useless when it's on your side, but sometimes incredibly effective on the enemies' side. Elena, Chloe, and Tenzin are supposed to be backing you up but more often than not you have to play one-man army and take out pretty much ALL the enemies by yourself. At least in FPS games your teammates have SOME use.

-The boss battles are fucking absurd. Lazarevic was one of the worst designed boss fights I've had the misfortune of playing. When you have an epic amount of youtube videos whose sole purpose is to glitch the boss with its stupid pathfinding pattern, there is something seriously wrong with your design. It took me near 50 tries to beat his ass normally on Crushing difficulty.

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2010, 08:15:45 AM »

Naughty Dog most talented developer in the world confirmed. That shit looked unbelievable, these guys put everything else to shame.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2010, 09:32:27 AM »

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
PaleRobbie
Podcast Host
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2010, 01:34:54 PM »

The trailer did look pretty cool.  I'll probably pick it up to complete the collection.  It's a series I really want to like, and I hope Naughty Dog continues to improve on their proven formula. 
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2010, 02:10:26 PM »

This trailer had the best sand, water, fire and smoke ever seen in a console game. Characters look even better than in U2, more detail and better animation. Killzone 3 and Infamous 2 are looking incredible but this will be fucking insane.

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2010, 06:09:19 PM »

Excuse me?

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Jet16

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2010, 09:51:02 PM »

I'm really excited for this, I absolutely love both 1 and 2. Among Thieves stands as the only game I've played for longer than 20 hours straight. I'm looking forward to doing the same with 3.

Seeing this also prompted me to try the multiplayer again. I'm surprised I didn't keep on playing this, it's so much fun.
ULTROS!
People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2010, 02:54:31 AM »

Whoops. I mixed up the names. Forgive me. :P

"I feel ugly, I need a hard drink" - Maribel of Dragon Quest VII

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: December 13, 2010, 06:06:31 AM »

I'm really excited for this, I absolutely love both 1 and 2. Among Thieves stands as the only game I've played for longer than 20 hours straight. I'm looking forward to doing the same with 3.

Seeing this also prompted me to try the multiplayer again. I'm surprised I didn't keep on playing this, it's so much fun.

All U2 dlc is half price now!

Jet16

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: December 13, 2010, 08:09:06 AM »

Haha, I already bought two of them on Saturday.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: December 13, 2010, 10:50:52 AM »

You mean before the price drop?

Jet16

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: December 13, 2010, 11:57:52 AM »

Yeah, I did buy the DLC before the price drop. Thankfully, half of the money I spent on it was refunded back to my PSN account.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: December 13, 2010, 01:07:13 PM »

Yeah, I did buy the DLC before the price drop. Thankfully, half of the money I spent on it was refunded back to my PSN account.

Oh, cool.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: December 14, 2010, 02:05:17 AM »

First Uncharted 3 gameplay footage sets a house on fire

That fire looks really stunning. Can't wait to see more sequences with Drake and Sully, Uncharted 2 needed more of those and a better final battle.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 21 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: