Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 30, 2014, 11:33:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327786 Posts in 13420 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 21 Print
Author Topic: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception  (Read 26744 times)
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: March 23, 2011, 09:10:26 PM »

Naughty Dog said they didn't include it in Uncharted 2 because they would have to make the game look a little uglier.
Well, maybe this time they'll have to make a concession like that, but uglier than U3 should be like Uncharted 2 which I'mp pretty sure everyone can live with :)

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: March 24, 2011, 08:54:55 AM »

I don't think there will be any compromises in single player 2D mode. There weren't any in killzone 3 either. The game will look as good as possible. They'll have to make cuts in co-op and 3D mode. Killzone 3 had a smaller FOV in co-op and lower res and frame-rate in 3D. There's no way they'll scale back single player just to make it look the same as in 3D/co-op.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Sise-Neg

Conquerer of the Cosmos

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: April 06, 2011, 09:12:02 AM »

I think I'm the only person with a PS3 who has yet to play a whole level on an Uncharted game...I should get around to it.

Admin of The Legaia Wiki: legaia.wikia.com

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: April 06, 2011, 10:41:57 AM »

I think I'm the only person with a PS3 who has yet to play a whole level on an Uncharted game...I should get around to it.

You should. I mean, really.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: April 06, 2011, 11:05:33 AM »

My goddamn boss still has my Uncharted 2 and I want it back.... >=(

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: April 06, 2011, 04:01:35 PM »

You should. I mean, really.
I concur. I enjoyed the first game well enough, but the sequel was easily one of the best games I've ever played. You owe it to yourself to play it.

Playing:
Reading: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: April 08, 2011, 10:31:40 AM »

The next issue of Official Playstation Magazine will have lots of new info.

Here's the gist of it:

http://playstation.systemlink.me/2011/04/new-uncharted-3-info-plot-characters.html

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: April 18, 2011, 03:52:14 PM »

MP trailer!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyZJqx1lL4Q

Holy shit!

My love for this franchise can not be expressed with words.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: April 18, 2011, 03:56:48 PM »

I'm with you CDFN, I can't freaking wait to play this for hours and months.

Uncharted 3 Multiplayer Modes Detailed, Beta Hits 6/28

"When can you get a crack at Uncharted 3 multiplayer? In just a couple of months the Multiplayer Beta for Uncharted 3 begins WORLDWIDE on June 28, 2011, with early access for PlayStation Plus members or by purchasing specially marked copies of Infamous 2."

Infamous 2? That game looks great, and you put the Multiplayer Beta of U3 on it? Double the awesome! :D
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 04:10:48 PM by Yggdrasil » Logged
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: April 18, 2011, 04:16:36 PM »

This was already TEH best summer ever (Infamous 2, Catherine, Dark Souls, Deus EX) and this is the icing on the cake. Fuck yeah!

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: April 18, 2011, 04:44:05 PM »

*gasp* Holy crap!
Sise-Neg

Conquerer of the Cosmos

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: April 18, 2011, 05:18:43 PM »

Wow, I really need to get around on playing Uncharted 1 and 2 so I'm prepared for 3 when it comes out.

Naughty Dog has always been one of my favorite developers, they release lots of quality titles. Wish they'd take over the Crash Bandicoot series again and return it to its glory.

Admin of The Legaia Wiki: legaia.wikia.com

Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: April 18, 2011, 05:28:45 PM »

I've heard people call Uncharted the "best videogame series ever". Then again, the same kind of people will also claim that "Halo" is the roots of the fps genre. Suffice to say, I do not agree with their oppinion. Infact, not too long ago I thought Uncharted was just plain crap (bad expariance with Uncharted 1 demo). My oppinion changed recently, after playing through Uncharted 2. After beating the game in just over a single sitting I've changed my oppinion. I still wouldnt go as far as to call it "the best series of games ever", but theres no doubt about how well crafted these games are. While there isnt anything unique about the game mechaniks themselves, the direction is absolutely amazing. I honestly think its the colsest thing Ive had to being a part of an action movie and the voiceacting was some of the best Ive ever heard in a videogame game. Long story short, Im really looking forward to the new one. If they can keep the standard they set with the predecessor, U3 should be a boatload load of awesome.

NOW PLAYING:
Hearthstone: I don't like card games, and yet I enjoy this.
Chaos on Deponia: Beat the first one, went straight for the second one, that says a lot.
F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin: Seems ok, has mouse issues.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: April 18, 2011, 08:26:58 PM »

Uncharted 1 feels a little dated these days and it has some pacing issues.  Uncharted 2 is just a better game in every aspect.  Superficially they didn't change much (other than make the graphics even more amazing), but there are so many subtle tweaks that it feels like a whole new experience.  For somebody who is new to the series I have can have difficulty recommending starting with Uncharted 1.

I doubt that 3 is going to be the leap forward that 2 was, but that's because 2 was such a good game there isn't that much to improve.

Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: April 18, 2011, 11:29:59 PM »

The question I want answered is will Naughty Dog make the same improvements from U2 to U3 as they did for U1 to U2. If so it'll be a hell of a game as I felt that the vast majority of issues I had with 1 were rectified in 2.And while I don't think it's the greatest series ever I do /did enjoy the games immensely.

Everything's Eventual
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 21 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: