Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2014, 01:35:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319060 Posts in 13031 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 21 Print
Author Topic: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception  (Read 25326 times)
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: July 02, 2011, 08:23:49 AM »

A lot has changed compared to 2, it's very far being the same.
I disagree almost completely. The gameplay modes may have slightly changed (and for the worse in my opinion), but the actual gameplay feels exactly the same. I haven't touched UC2 since it's release, and walked into this game with a full grasp the system and how it works, demolishing the coop mode with ease in a decent party (one where people don't try to grab a sniper rifle and sit in one place the whole time). Yes, they added a sprint feature, which sucks and should be removed cuz the game is already high speed, sprinting adds nothing but a zoomed in camera making it difficult to navigate while sprinting. I'll give some credit to the kickback system, as I don't remember it from 2 (seriously haven't played it in over a year), but that's all at the moment. The game, as I said, really needs a lot of work in the polish and shine department.

Also, what the hell is with the 3 circulatng modes for coop?

TASTY!
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: July 02, 2011, 08:45:19 AM »

LOL, ok.

Health is pre 1.04 UC2
Movement is slightly slower and mobility has been reduced with a slight delay between jumps and rolls
Kickbacks
Powerplays
Loot
Character customization
Weapon customization
Sprint
Custom made emblems that appear in-game
New weapons
Buddy system
Facebook integration
New modes including: free for all, 3 team deathmatch and split screen

I don't know if you were expecting the game to become a FPS but whatever, you demolished co-op so you must know what you're talking about. It plays like an uncharted game, yeah, I know, I didn't see that one coming either.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: July 02, 2011, 04:45:21 PM »

LOL, ok.

Health is pre 1.04 UC2
Movement is slightly slower and mobility has been reduced with a slight delay between jumps and rolls
Kickbacks
Powerplays
Loot

Character customization
Weapon customization
Sprint
Custom made emblems that appear in-game
New weapons
Buddy system
Facebook integration

New modes including: free for all, 3 team deathmatch and split screen

I don't know if you were expecting the game to become a FPS but whatever, you demolished co-op so you must know what you're talking about. It plays like an uncharted game, yeah, I know, I didn't see that one coming either.
Bold, I can agree with you on, those were changed, underlined is just pasted on shit that doesn't affect gameplay. It still feels exactly the same as UC2. I'm not saying it was a bad thing mind you, I liked how 2 felt, my complaints stemmed from the shoddy feel of the game so far. The graphics are crappy at best, the netcode is horrible, the overall game feels very unfinished. It was meant as critiques, though, as I know full well it's a beta still. Also, I like coop, it's fun to work with people against a computer instead of 12 year old kids who teabag you after a lucky RPG kill.

I look forward to Naughty Dog's completed product, but the beta shows it's still a good ways away.

Edit: I didn't mention the weapon bit, but the custom options don't feel different or new at all, and I didn't see any new weapons yet, honestly. Gimme a heads up, I wanna see what I can use now.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 04:48:14 PM by D. tnegA » Logged

TASTY!
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: July 02, 2011, 05:37:42 PM »

The game feels unfinished because it isn't finished yet. This is Naughty Dog we're talking about here. Graphics are crappy at best?! OK, let's just end this conversation here.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: July 03, 2011, 12:57:54 AM »

The game feels unfinished because it isn't finished yet. This is Naughty Dog we're talking about here. Graphics are crappy at best?! OK, let's just end this conversation here.
Hey I'd still give the beta a 7 out of 10. Better than most of the other PSN+ stuff I got access to so far, that's for sure. And cmon, the graphics are suck still. Fucking Sully looks cartoon, I know he was drab and such, but there's no detail. Even Drake is miissing some of his classic ....what's the word I wanna use here? I think it's like sarcasm in a smile, if you can sum that up in one word. Shit-eating grin maybe? Again, beta, I know I know, but I played UC2's beta, and to be honest, this plays and feels and looks almost exactly the same.

IT'S STILL BETTER THAN PRETTY MUCH ANYTHING ELSE GOING ON AT THE MOMENT THOUGH!!!!!!! Just whining for whining sake.

TASTY!
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: July 04, 2011, 06:58:35 PM »

New modes are up! They now have the equivalent of killzone's warzone! Awesome!

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: July 04, 2011, 11:23:00 PM »

Hmm, if it's anything like gears of war's horde mode, sign me up.

TASTY!
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: July 05, 2011, 07:20:38 AM »

Hmm, if it's anything like gears of war's horde mode, sign me up.

No, it's a mode where objectives change dynamically during the match. It might start as caprture the flag, then suddenly change to deathmatch, then tu turf war, etc.

There's also a new co-op mode which mixes co-op with competitive. While 2 players try to fulfill the objectives another 2 are among the cpu controlled enemies, then halfway through they switch sides. This means that between the enemy waves the game throughs at you there are actually 2 human players.

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: July 06, 2011, 05:14:32 AM »

Patch 1.2:

General

Last place team in Three Team Deathmatch now gets placed into Observer Mode in Sudden Death

Gameplay

Disabled the accumulation of medals to stack Medal Kickback activations. Now, if your Medal Kickback is waiting to be activated, you cannot earn more medals that count towards your Medal Kickback counter until you have activated your current Medal Kickback. Players will still be awarded medals
    Disabled the activation of a Power Play after 40 kills have been reached in Team Deathmatch
    Increase the minimum time between Power Plays activating from 30 seconds to 60 seconds

Technical

Made updates to reduce the long Matchmaking wait times some players were experiencing
    Fixed an issue where some in-game objects would not be able to be picked up by players
    Fixed an issue where the idol in Plunder would not reset properly. The Plunder idol will now reset to one of the specified idol spawn points
    Fixed an issue in which the team with the least amount of kills could potentially win in Sudden Death even if they finished the game with less kills than the first place team
    Fixed issue with the game timer hitting 0:00 in Co-op Hunter and the match not ending properly
    Fixed instances where some players would take damage through the shield in Co-op matches
    Fixed issues which caused some players to experience trouble connecting to Multiplayer
    Fixed an issue where some PS3 consoles would hard reset under certain circumstances
    Added support for early generation HDTV sets that do not support 720p by enabling 1080i upscaling

User Interface

Change “Found Player” notification to reflect the actual player ID in the Matchmaking screen after having completed a match
    Reduce the waiting time before the vote count down after a match from 30 seconds to 15 seconds
    Added an option in the Display menu for disabling Uncharted TV
    Sound from Uncharted TV now plays through TV output instead of the headset
    Enabled Facebook functionality that was temporarily disabled. Players can now use their PS3 linked Facebook accounts to view the online status of their Facebook friends, send invites, and join parties
    Invite notification now appears in the Multiplayer Lobby. Notification will appear as a red asterix in the Invites tab.
    Added an icon in the upper right corner of the screen to indicate that your buddy wants to High Five. Only appears when you and your buddy have created a “buddy kill” situation and the blue “buddy kill” icon appears on your screen.
    New font for in-game text and menus

Server

Added additional data tracking to aid analysis of matches, player behavior, and other technical information by Naughty Dog

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: July 06, 2011, 03:01:37 PM »

I downloaded the beta last night, and installed it at 3:30 a.m. and played until 7:30 a.m.

It was cold as shit were I live at that time, but it was worth it. So good. :3

Edit: Beta 1.03 Patch - Fixed an issue that prevented some SCEE (European) region players from finding a match.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 03:51:11 PM by Yggdrasil » Logged
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: July 06, 2011, 04:10:37 PM »

I downloaded the beta last night, and installed it at 3:30 a.m. and played until 7:30 a.m.

It was cold as shit were I live at that time, but it was worth it. So good. :3

Edit: Beta 1.03 Patch - Fixed an issue that prevented some SCEE (European) region players from finding a match.

Thank God, I haven't been able to play since I installed 1.02, gonna update tomorrow.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: July 09, 2011, 09:12:48 PM »

Last night there was a new patch to download, here are the details.

Beta 1.04 Patch:

- Fixed an issue with the Facebook friends list where it would display duplicate and/or incorrect PSN IDs for some players
- Fixed an issue where some players would gain cash/XP during the playback of some Cinema files
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 04:05:56 AM by Yggdrasil » Logged
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: July 11, 2011, 06:28:06 AM »

Co-op adventure with new Syria map! OMG OMG!
Yemen is up for competitive modes!

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: July 11, 2011, 07:22:36 AM »

I can't believe how good the Yemen map looks! The amount of detail is staggering.

As for the map itself, I only played 2 matches and I can already tell that campers with snipers are going to be a real problem.

The co-op adventure is such a tease for the single player campaign, I get goosebumps just thinking about it. Elena looks different but better imo. It felt so good to be finally able to play as her in UC3.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 07:37:02 AM by CDFN » Logged

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: July 12, 2011, 04:03:54 AM »

Everyone is crazy with the new map. Campers... campers everywhere.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 21 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: