Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 21, 2014, 05:38:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
337784 Posts in 13832 Topics by 2212 Members
Latest Member: WhiteWishes
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 21 Print
Author Topic: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception  (Read 29082 times)
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: October 28, 2011, 04:37:16 AM »

Catch a glimpse at Uncharted 3's motion capture process

Is all about the sand.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: October 31, 2011, 11:20:20 AM »

It's here!

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: October 31, 2011, 03:49:42 PM »

It's here!

What!? ...where!? D:
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: October 31, 2011, 04:07:43 PM »

I actually had to force myself to stop playing because I don't want it to end. It looks so good, I think they do this to make fun of other devs.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: October 31, 2011, 07:40:41 PM »

When you live anywhere between Europe or Japan YOU CAN TIME TRAVEL

Edit: No wait the release date's the 2nd there rather than the first like here, so he's probably just trolling everyone.

(Or more realistically, found a store that broke the street date.)
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 07:42:31 PM by Eusis » Logged
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: November 01, 2011, 07:35:19 AM »

When you live anywhere between Europe or Japan YOU CAN TIME TRAVEL

Edit: No wait the release date's the 2nd there rather than the first like here, so he's probably just trolling everyone.

(Or more realistically, found a store that broke the street date.)

Oh come on, trolling? Really?
Most European countries started selling the game last Friday, Spain, Germany, Portugal (where I live) and others. So yes, I have the game since yesterday. I usually order from the UK because it's cheaper but I didn't want to wait so I got it here.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 09:04:11 AM by CDFN » Logged

Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: November 01, 2011, 09:01:41 AM »

I'm so excited for this game. Here in Brazil it normally takes quite while for stores to have the game and the prices are outrageous, that's why I normally import 99% of my physical games. The only exception this time will be this game, this guy which I'll buy it from brings it from a contact who is a flight attendant, the only reason I'll get it day 1.
This is the first game in my life I am buying day one and playing day one.

I think I'll stay with the multiplayer for a while until there's a quiet day in my house so I can turn my home theater to maximum sound!

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: November 01, 2011, 01:36:15 PM »

About halfway through. There's much less shooting than in the previous games and a greater focus on melee and puzzles, both of which have been greatly improved. The pacing is great. There are a lot of cutscenes but if you love these characters as much as I do that's a plus. Graphics and animation are out of this world, there are no words. Even though I had seen a part of the chateau scene on Jimmy Fallon it still blew me away, what a rush.

Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: November 01, 2011, 01:56:16 PM »

Its out already? Man, time has been flying recently. I still want to beat the original game before I get to the newest one, at least it'll stop me from buying it while its still in its "new release, bloody expensive" stage.

NOW PLAYING:
Final Fantasy XIII: The time has come...
Edna & Harvey: The Breakout: Its...Odd...
One Finger Death Punch: F*ck Yeah! - The game
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: November 01, 2011, 04:45:22 PM »

It was a joke.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: November 01, 2011, 04:51:27 PM »

It was a joke.

Oh, sorry.

Camera movement while aiming is slower than it was in UC2, you might want to adjust aiming sensitivity to the max in the options.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 08:11:27 PM by CDFN » Logged

Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: November 01, 2011, 09:40:34 PM »

That doesn't work. I've been reading through it after experiencing it myself and there are some serious problems with the aiming. It's as if it isn't able to do circular movements.
From what I've been able to gather, it's a problem that also appeared in the first beta if you left auto-aim on it would screw up the aiming. Apparently it's on in the single player, while the multiplayer is still perfect, so this probably wan't made on purpose.

I truly hope they fix this asap because it takes a lot away from this otherwise perfect game.

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: November 01, 2011, 09:49:16 PM »

Got my copy.  Not sure when I'll find time to play it...

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: November 02, 2011, 08:43:49 AM »

That doesn't work. I've been reading through it after experiencing it myself and there are some serious problems with the aiming. It's as if it isn't able to do circular movements.
From what I've been able to gather, it's a problem that also appeared in the first beta if you left auto-aim on it would screw up the aiming. Apparently it's on in the single player, while the multiplayer is still perfect, so this probably wan't made on purpose.

I truly hope they fix this asap because it takes a lot away from this otherwise perfect game.

I only said that it increases the speed, it has nothing to do with the movement. I suppose that was a design decision. I got used to it, not sure if they'll change that.

I'm so glad I didn't watch the cargo plane sequence when they showed it at gamescom. I just played through it and I can't belive what I just saw. And the chapters before that are just as jawdropping. The game is consistently blowing me away, everything in this game, fire effects, water, sand, lighting, textures, is unparalleled on consoles and the scale of some setpieces blows away even what was in UC2. How the hell did they pull this off? I actually took a break to catch my breath. That whole middlesection of the game is incredibly intense.
I already loved Elena in the previous games but now she's my favorite female videogame character ever, sorry Alyx.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 12:49:25 PM by CDFN » Logged

kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: November 02, 2011, 01:15:54 PM »

Already UC2 is pretty impressive. ....I can't even imagine UC3.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 21 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: