Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2014, 08:45:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332827 Posts in 13638 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 Print
Author Topic: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception  (Read 28165 times)
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: November 27, 2011, 08:09:44 PM »

Patch is live.

There's an option in the menu to change the aiming to UC2 style (it's not default)
Motion blur has been enabled.
Cutscene viewer is in.
Also lot's of tweaks to MP.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 05:15:20 AM by CDFN » Logged

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: November 28, 2011, 07:03:32 AM »

Thanks heavens! I've been waiting a lot for this.
Now it would have been nice if they manage sometime in the future to add the cheats back.

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: November 28, 2011, 07:21:00 AM »

Already started my crushing playthrough, feels so good to have the normal aiming back. Motion blur implementation is just as nice as in UC2.
Cheats might be harder though, they said that changing skins was causing technical issues that they couldn't get around.

This isn't related to the patch but on crushing there aren't any button prompts during melee fights, you have to pay attention to the enemies' animations to time your counterattacks. It should be like this in all difficulties, this way people would stop calling it QTE which it obviously isn't, it's just to make things easier.

Played some co-op and noticed another cool new detail that wasn't mentioned in the patch notes, you can hear the guys with the gas masks breathing, with a 5.1/7.1 setup you can tell where they're coming from and when they grap you it's like they're breathing down your neck.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 03:24:45 PM by CDFN » Logged

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: November 29, 2011, 10:47:04 AM »

Finally picked this up yesterday! My internet connection isn't working with my consoles lately, so I can't DL whatever this patch is.
I've played through the first 5 areas(chapters?) and don't see any problems so far with aiming or anything. God DAMN, this game is gorgeous! Just standing on the roof of a building and admiring the skyline at night is breathtaking. My wife walked by while I was playing and commented that it didn't even look like a game.
I love how they have kept the same title theme for all 3 games. I LOVE it, and listen to it often. Gets me revved to play the game.
I like how were getting some much-needed backstory on Nate and Sully. Not happy to see Chloe back, as I didn't like her last game.

Playing: TWD Season 2
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: November 29, 2011, 10:51:15 AM »

Finally picked this up yesterday! My internet connection isn't working with my consoles lately, so I can't DL whatever this patch is.
I've played through the first 5 areas(chapters?) and don't see any problems so far with aiming or anything. God DAMN, this game is gorgeous! Just standing on the roof of a building and admiring the skyline at night is breathtaking. My wife walked by while I was playing and commented that it didn't even look like a game.
I love how they have kept the same title theme for all 3 games. I LOVE it, and listen to it often. Gets me revved to play the game.
I like how were getting some much-needed backstory on Nate and Sully. Not happy to see Chloe back, as I didn't like her last game.

Find a way to download the patch man, you will feel the difference, besides, the game looks better with motion blur. As for the graphics, you ain't seen nothing yet.

Oh and shut up, Chloe is great.

Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: December 03, 2011, 11:28:30 AM »

Finished it.  Easily my least favorite Uncharted, by a huge margin.  The set pieces quickly became annoying because unlike prior Uncharted games, I died a considerable amount more often, breaking the flow of these over-the-top moments and making it boring.  The fist fighting was especially bad.  I want Uncharted 1's simplicity back, seriously.

I found myself wondering when the game would end by chapter 17.  Best graphics on a console to date, fantastic soundtrack as always.  But I felt like I was running through the motions midway.  The highlight of the game was the first few chapters.  7 out of 10 for me.
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: December 03, 2011, 11:50:04 AM »

Oh man... Carlos is going to shit bricks
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: December 03, 2011, 12:42:09 PM »

I really hope you're not serious.

Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: December 03, 2011, 01:06:18 PM »

I'm dead serious.  I feel the same way about Gears 3.  Both series seem to have worn their welcome for me.  I had infinitely more fun with Arkham City.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: December 03, 2011, 01:09:37 PM »

I agree with Parn. Both Gears and Uncharted seem to try outdoing their predecessors and end up just being unfun. The last game had a good set piece to control ratio. The new one... Doesn't.

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: December 03, 2011, 01:56:46 PM »

I'm dead serious.  I feel the same way about Gears 3.  Both series seem to have worn their welcome for me.  I had infinitely more fun with Arkham City.

I was talking to Yoda.

Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: December 03, 2011, 01:57:57 PM »

I was talking to Yoda.

Why?
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: December 03, 2011, 01:59:53 PM »

I was talking to Yoda.

Why?

OK, whatever.

Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: December 03, 2011, 02:05:04 PM »

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: December 03, 2011, 09:43:51 PM »

Naughty Dog wipes Vaseline in your eyes for Uncharted 3

Someone is angry in the Internet.