Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2014, 03:51:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
318971 Posts in 13029 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Mass Effect 3 (expect spoilers for the entire series)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 79 Print
Author Topic: Mass Effect 3 (expect spoilers for the entire series)  (Read 77994 times)
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1020 on: June 26, 2012, 10:12:42 PM »

I youtubed the new ending, cuz I can't be bothered to play through all of it again.

It's amazing how the best ending shows just how STUPID pride can be. I fucking loved it.

TASTY!
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1021 on: June 27, 2012, 12:46:11 AM »

I love the extended endings. They fix all of the problems with the original ending, allow the player to question the Catalyst, add scenes to explain stuff like Joker being in FTL travel when the beam hits, and add a new ending.

Anyone who is still complaining about the endings after his is just a whiner now, no joke.

Code:
Eh, before I even saw "Indoctrination Theory" I thought what was happening right after
you get hit by the Reaper beam was a dream sequence because the pile of coincidences
and absurdity was too ridiculous and lazy to be real. Apparently I gave them too much credit?

Put me in the "just a whiner" pile.
I think having legitimate problems and not making a big deal out of them is different from complaining, just for the record. :P

John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1022 on: June 27, 2012, 09:44:35 AM »

I liked all the changes and clarifications before the ending - the additional sequences were great and the ability to talk to the Catalyst gave some good information.

I did feel like the epilogues kind of hit people over the head with the things that could have still been left vague.  Though I really liked the vagueness of the DX:HR endings, and these seemed more straightforward.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Pmayo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1023 on: June 27, 2012, 09:50:53 AM »

So I beat 2 awhile ago, but along with a few over saves I lost mine. Should I trudge through 2 again to play 3, or is 3 still good enough to play without importing your save?

Rumors about my snacks are false. They are not so hot you die of coughing
dyeager
RPGFan Editor

Code Monkey Like Fritos

View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: June 27, 2012, 10:07:13 AM »

I love the extended endings. They fix all of the problems with the original ending, allow the player to question the Catalyst, add scenes to explain stuff like Joker being in FTL travel when the beam hits, and add a new ending.

Anyone who is still complaining about the endings after his is just a whiner now, no joke.

Code:
Eh, before I even saw "Indoctrination Theory" I thought what was happening right after
you get hit by the Reaper beam was a dream sequence because the pile of coincidences
and absurdity was too ridiculous and lazy to be real. Apparently I gave them too much credit?

I think having legitimate problems and not making a big deal out of them is different from complaining, just for the record. :P

Ha, yes, fair enough. Put me in the "this plot gets really silly really fast at the end" pile then.
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Let's see if you bastards can do 90.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #1025 on: June 27, 2012, 12:49:35 PM »

Code:

Ha, yes, fair enough. Put me in the "this plot gets really silly really fast at the end" pile then.

Same, Dave.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1026 on: June 27, 2012, 02:01:49 PM »

The biggest thing the extended ending does for me is prove everything I said before right. The relays didn't explode, they were just disabled and could be rebuilt. Shepard in the control ending orders Reapers to help rebuild and he protects the galaxy as the new Reaper overlord. Joker was ordered into FTL the whole time.

After being accosted by keyboard thugs everywhere: VINDICATION!

:P

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1027 on: June 27, 2012, 10:33:44 PM »

Yes, there will be more Mass Effect 3 DLC

"An inquisitive user on the BioWare message boards looked into the data featured within the Extended Cut, and found evidence of a new mission related to Leviathan, which appears to be a dormant, rogue Reaper mentioned in both Mass Effect and Mass Effect 3.

Hmm."
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 03:23:57 PM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #1028 on: June 28, 2012, 10:59:22 AM »

I watched the endings on youtube and after some thoughts on how they resolve I think they are much better than the pallete swap we had seen the first time. I'm just a little disappointed because the indocrination theory seemed like a much better ending in my opinion.

At least now we have some closure to how things end, like what happened to the genophage, the quarians and the geth, etc.

Among of the one I've seen, as I believe there's still one ending where you shoot the "little boy", I liked the "green ending" better. A little too far fetched but given how things turn out, it seems you can really stop the "reapers cicle" without actually destroying them and the geth.

kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: June 29, 2012, 01:17:29 AM »

I think using the indoctrination theory when it wasn't BioWare's original intention would have been a copout and a slightly lazy one at that. But the way the screen blurs seems to allude to an attempt at indoctrinating Shepard while s/he argues with TIM in the citadel.

I do like seeing things cleared up though. Why my crew wasn't at the beam, other sorts of closure etc. There was an extra sort of goodbye between Garrus/romanced Shep. Between that and the destroy ending I sort of bawww'd. Um. Again.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1030 on: June 29, 2012, 03:44:27 PM »

I just beat the regular game last night. I had no idea there was more than one ending possibility until reading this thread. Seemed to me that there was only one choice available.
Code:
After talking to ghost boy you go up the walkway and shoot the box. I don't recall any color choices, like so many here have mentioned.
Obviously I missed something. Still, I had no real problem with it all. *shrugs*
I'll DL the Extended Ending tomorrow. I don't really want to play through the last few areas again, but it was pretty damn fun, so I can deal.

Playing: A Link Between Worlds
Reading: Cosmos by Carl Sagan
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

a+dark+eclipse
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1031 on: June 29, 2012, 03:57:40 PM »

you could either walk straight and jump into the thing. walk right and shoot the thing. or walk left and tinker with the thing

I broke down and am watching the extended endings now.

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1032 on: June 29, 2012, 04:11:03 PM »

Yeah, in Yoda terms, you can also say fuck you to the thing.

TASTY!
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1033 on: June 29, 2012, 04:43:22 PM »

But how do you know which ending you get based on your choice? I went right and shot the box. What ending did I technically get?
Code:
I just saw everything get wiped out, with a shot of the busted Normandy and the door starting to open. I figured everybody died except for a chosen(not really) few meant to start it all over again.

Playing: A Link Between Worlds
Reading: Cosmos by Carl Sagan
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

a+dark+eclipse
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1034 on: June 29, 2012, 04:57:06 PM »

But how do you know which ending you get based on your choice? I went right and shot the box. What ending did I technically get?
Code:
I just saw everything get wiped out, with a shot of the busted Normandy and the door starting to open. I figured everybody died except for a chosen(not really) few meant to start it all over again.

You picked:
The destroy option since you ended all synthetic life. I went middle in my main playthrough and that's where everything is united. And after watching the extended cut endings I'm really happy with that. If you went left you decided to control synthetics

Grimm I recommend watching the new endings. They're very good.

One thing though, Each choice presents a totally different result to life in the galaxy. How the hell they can make a sequel out of that is going to be a real challenge.

Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 79 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: