Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2014, 09:00:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334486 Posts in 13702 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Mass Effect 3 (expect spoilers for the entire series)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 79 Print
Author Topic: Mass Effect 3 (expect spoilers for the entire series)  (Read 88317 times)
Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #510 on: February 23, 2012, 02:37:06 AM »

Agreed Yoda, I was worried myself, but so far its been put to rest.  Not very good at it yet of course, but its been addicting.

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
Perigryn
Infrequent, but still here.

Sleepy Chrono is sleepy.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #511 on: February 23, 2012, 04:32:27 AM »

I'm genuinely pleased with the multiplayer. Before I tried it my opinion ran the gambit between "awww hell naw" to "if it's good I'll play it."

The first thing I really noticed is: it's no cakewalk. Enemies are very aggressive and come at you with pretty much equal health and equipment. The level up and upgrade mechanics are fun. The actual control is sweet, though it seems like the heavy melee misses when it shouldn't.

I like the "store" and the difficulty a lot. I played with one other player and getting anywhere felt like a achievement in itself. One tactic that I noticed that seems to work is to keep moving, that way you don't get swarmed.

The variety of enemies is great, from what I saw and I only made it to level 5 ;)

It'll be interesting to see exactly how this all affects the campaign.

I agree on most of these points, and its definitely best with folks ya' know. My buddy and I have managed to beat all 10 waves once on Bronze. Since then, it's been a crapshoot... We got to 9 again once, but failed at the final moment... Stupid Phantoms... hates the Phantoms...

I'm looking forward to the addition of more gameplay elements and goals in the full version - otherwise, it'll get pretty stale if they don't.

Also, I joined a random group online to take on the Silver level... Wave 2 = pwned every time...

Just Greg, thanks.
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #512 on: February 23, 2012, 12:16:52 PM »

I love the come-down-to-the-wire epic feeling you get when you barely beat a wave. Especially if a partner has bit the dust and you're capping fools with a shotgun in the face.

If the story mode lives up to ME2 and has what the series is known for the combo of that and really tight online play could make this my most favoritest game ever .
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #513 on: February 23, 2012, 12:24:27 PM »

Especially if said partner bit the dust because biotic Charge landed her right smack in the middle of enemies. D:

Seriously though, I can't wait for more maps in the full version. The Cerberus ones get tiresome after a while, need a fresh new challenge.

One thing I noticed last night while looking at rankings is that the top ranked people are level 120. How is that possible?! These fools must have been playing since the Battlefield 3-unlocked portion of the multiplayer began. Crazy.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Perigryn

Sleepy Chrono is sleepy.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #514 on: February 23, 2012, 03:27:08 PM »

Especially if said partner bit the dust because biotic Charge landed her right smack in the middle of enemies. D:

Seriously though, I can't wait for more maps in the full version. The Cerberus ones get tiresome after a while, need a fresh new challenge.

One thing I noticed last night while looking at rankings is that the top ranked people are level 120. How is that possible?! These fools must have been playing since the Battlefield 3-unlocked portion of the multiplayer began. Crazy.

My buddy remarked on that too when I first joined up. It's madness/no life much? Or they're all pro and finish all 10 waves EVERY TIME.

But yeah, totally know that down-to-the-wire vibe you're talking about, Yoda. Pinned to that fighter plane at White Base, both weapons out of ammo, an Atlas slowly creeping around after you whilst you keep ducking behind the thankfully indestructible cover...! You feel badass when you pull outta' that!

Just Greg, thanks.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #515 on: February 24, 2012, 01:48:42 PM »

Things I realized months after preordering the PS3 collectors edition AND after the 360 CE is long sold out: so far I don't know anyone who's actually getting the PS3 version. Are any of you? I could play multiplayer with randoms but that's not nearly as fun.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #516 on: February 24, 2012, 02:23:06 PM »

I am getting all three.

Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #517 on: February 24, 2012, 02:33:06 PM »

Things I realized months after preordering the PS3 collectors edition AND after the 360 CE is long sold out: so far I don't know anyone who's actually getting the PS3 version. Are any of you? I could play multiplayer with randoms but that's not nearly as fun.

The only reason I'm getting the 360 version is because I have ME1 data I'd like to transfer.  The PS3 comic doesn't have all of the lesser decisions - but honestly at this point I'm not sure they even matter.
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #518 on: February 24, 2012, 03:51:51 PM »

360 here and I'd love to get a 4 player game going. I think I'm pretty much done w/ the demo version. I've seen enough to know I'll love it.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #519 on: February 24, 2012, 04:01:38 PM »

I didn't have a 360 when I preordered, but now I have saves on both systems. As far as the minor decisions go it'd be nice to see references and whatnot. Both of my Sheps are similar but I prefer more of the decisions made by 360!Shep.

Now watch me be a sucker and get the 360 version too haha.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #520 on: February 24, 2012, 04:10:30 PM »

Parn got me into part 1 on 360 way back when. Been there since, and honestly, it's the only thing keeping my 360 from console retirement.

TASTY!
Perigryn

Sleepy Chrono is sleepy.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #521 on: February 24, 2012, 04:59:45 PM »

360 here and I'd love to get a 4 player game going. I think I'm pretty much done w/ the demo version. I've seen enough to know I'll love it.

I'm in!

Just Greg, thanks.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #522 on: February 24, 2012, 05:01:05 PM »

I'm in!

:(

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #523 on: February 24, 2012, 09:38:23 PM »

360 ME2 file was corrupted, so I planned on getting the PS3 version and start fresh. Then my wife goes and preorders the 360 version for me, so I guess I'll be playing that version. I simply prefer gaming on the PS3 nowadays. It's quieter. It's all on one disk. I have plenty of hard drive space(120 vs 20 on the 360). Nan told me that she didn't know which version to get, so she looked in my game cabinet, saw the previous 2 were 360, and went that route. I told her that was just fine. Didn't have the heart to say otherwise.
I may actually want to play some multi now that I'll be on a better connection. Not until after I play through the main game, though.

Playing: TWD Season 2, Alan Wake
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #524 on: February 25, 2012, 02:59:31 AM »

I'm in!

:(

Two slick guys playing ME3 and you're not coming?
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 79 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: