Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 24, 2014, 01:18:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338166 Posts in 13844 Topics by 2214 Members
Latest Member: CoreSignal
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Mass Effect 3 (expect spoilers for the entire series)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 79 Print
Author Topic: Mass Effect 3 (expect spoilers for the entire series)  (Read 91330 times)
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 14, 2010, 06:34:44 PM »

No Mass Effect fan am I, but I would like to point out that the Baldur's Gate games also featured multiplayer, with no adverse effect on the single player experience. So Bioware is absolutely capable of getting this right.

Ahh, that's right. It'd require something REALLY stupid happening on some level to screw things up. Certainly I don't see them being like Capcom there!
Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: December 14, 2010, 06:39:20 PM »

A great fucking way to get minerals and shit is salvaging from a battle. Have a space battle, or maybe an assault mission and then you just recover items. The harder the mission, the better the payoff.

The problem is with space battles in the ME universe. If you read the codex crap from ME1 they say that it's basically huge capital ships in a battle of attrition. Fighters are basically suicide attacks because automatic targeting vaporizes them

Then let's go pirate and have it be more of a scavanging operation. You find a derelict vessle, have to traverse it's creepy hallways, and pinpoint locations where minerals can be extracted. Some of them contain aliens, renegades, or volitile conditions.

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
Kyle
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 15, 2010, 09:37:25 AM »

ME 3 is "a single player game" confirmed by a moderator on the forums!

"The things that make us happy make us wise."
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: December 15, 2010, 09:55:57 AM »

A great fucking way to get minerals and shit is salvaging from a battle. Have a space battle, or maybe an assault mission and then you just recover items. The harder the mission, the better the payoff.

The problem is with space battles in the ME universe. If you read the codex crap from ME1 they say that it's basically huge capital ships in a battle of attrition. Fighters are basically suicide attacks because automatic targeting vaporizes them

Then let's go pirate and have it be more of a scavanging operation. You find a derelict vessle, have to traverse it's creepy hallways, and pinpoint locations where minerals can be extracted. Some of them contain aliens, renegades, or volitile conditions.

That's a damn fine idea. Taking that a step further with a renegade twist...raiding and boarding ships that aren't abandoned!

Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: December 15, 2010, 03:33:18 PM »

Female Shepard for paragon.  Male Shepard for renegade.  Do this for maximum enjoyment.

Really?  I do the exact opposite; female Shepard is a total bitch. :P

Yeah same here.My FemShep tortures,murders and intimidates her way into the galaxy.If the Reapers think they are ruthless,FemShep will show off human cruelty at its finest

I'm glad you say so because that's the route I was going to take with my FemSheppard.
Since my main male Sheppard is the good guy I'd like to see how is it to play on the other end. Maybe even
spoiler: Taking the suggestion of the Illusive Man and taking the collectors's technology. I mean, he's Martin Sheen, and he was the president (west wing). I can't deny his wishes hehe.

kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 15, 2010, 04:07:04 PM »

Well, I was going to make a female Shepard anyway. This thread jut fortified it. :)

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: December 15, 2010, 04:09:14 PM »

When I started ME1 I didn't even think of making a ShepBro

Female all the way. My Shepard don't take no guff.

ME3... can't remember last time I looked forward to a game this much. Ocarina or Mario 64 probably.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: December 15, 2010, 06:50:17 PM »

I played through Mass Effect 1 & 2 a lot of times. CUrrently I have five 'main' characters for transfer into ME3 - three male, two female. The female voice just seems so bored and subdued a lot of the time. Male Shepard is much better voiced.

Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: March 18, 2011, 11:25:57 AM »

For ME3 I hope they take away the ship navigation on the galaxy map. Keep fuel expenditure, maybe, but the actual piloting around of the normandy felt ridiculous. In a game where you're trying to impress w/ the size of the galaxy which is filled with brilliant looking planets and nebulae having something so completely off scale is cheapening.

In the 1st one it could be made that it was simply a scaled map. in 2 since you actually flew around that doesn't work.

Also. Please let me see what Tali looks like :)
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: March 18, 2011, 12:22:15 PM »

Also. Please let me see what Tali looks like :)

DON'T DO IT!!!
Don't destroy my fantasies =(

Imagine if she's like (ok... that's still adorable... so imagine a Predator)
MindCandy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: March 18, 2011, 12:37:48 PM »

No Mass Effect fan am I, but I would like to point out that the Baldur's Gate games also featured multiplayer, with no adverse effect on the single player experience. So Bioware is absolutely capable of getting this right.

Ahh, that's right. It'd require something REALLY stupid happening on some level to screw things up. Certainly I don't see them being like Capcom there!
You are assuming Bioware will do the multiplayer. Remember, EA owns their ass. Stuff like this has been outsourced before.

Currently playing:
Xbox 360 - NIER
Wii - Metroid Prime 2: Echos (trilogy version)
PSP - Disgaea
DS - SMT: Devil Survivor
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: March 25, 2011, 04:01:24 AM »

WE'RE BACK BITCHES
Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: March 25, 2011, 04:42:14 AM »

Yeah, I went the Tali route. First off, I thought she was the most interesting female character in the series, bar none, and the most likeable, especially since I tend to play paragon. All the other women seem hollier-than-thow in some way. And secondly, I have to admit, BioWare did a damn good job of making a suited, faceless character attractive.

Still, all the sex scenes were crap. Miranda's wasn't TERRIBLE, but it still felt wrong. All of them are too abrupt, with people GRABBING EACHOTHER REALLY FAST! I guess they're trying to show how non-committal the relationship is. Still, they feel off.

Taking the suggestion of the Illusive Man... I mean, he's Martin Sheen.[/color]

Too bad the illusive man's son is a crazy lunatic.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 04:45:13 AM by Prime Mover » Logged

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: March 25, 2011, 06:19:24 AM »

can i just say the sex scenes in ME2 and DA2 for that matter are well embarassing to look at. when someone showed me the one with a female x the pirate lady on youtube  i seriously couldnt stop laughing it was so bad. maybe for male x female it wouldnt of been so bad but for female x female just....LOL! do some research fellas heh.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: March 25, 2011, 06:55:34 AM »

I am so ready for this.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 79 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: